Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 02:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The state of Washington still has this option availbale(and has used it relatively recently).
Westley Allan Dodd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charles Rodman Campbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Hampshire does also, I believe.

That said - I am a death penalty opponent.
Shoot, up until a year or two ago Utah had the firing squad haha. Some guy was the last dude to take the lead train out of this world. Virginia also lets prisoners choose the chair instead of lethal injection. However in all states you can't be executed for anything other than murder due to some SCOTUS ruling.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:47 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So you're saying she lies about recognizing her son's voice on the recording screaming for help because she has a copyright out there on something? That's just too jaded for anyone and doesn't make any sense.
No. You just fail too see it. She stands to make a lot of money and her move to copyright the t-shirts proves that she is motivated by financial gain

Old 05-25-2012, 03:52 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
No. You just fail too see it. She stands to make a lot of money and her move to copyright the t-shirts proves that she is motivated by financial gain

No it proves that she does not want others using her son's image for financial gain or in a negative way. I am sure she was advised to do this by her attorney. It is disgusting the way some of you are so bent on demonizing the victim and his mother who has lost a son.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm interesting, so in otherwords blacks are no allowed to dress like everyone else. I guess that if zuckerberg who has been seen with a hoodie was in Trayvon's shoes he would not have been bothered? And WTF do you mean dressed like a gang member? Also where do you come off as condeming his parents and a whole race of people because of one deranged wannabe cop? Perhaps you should go to a neighborhood that is predominately black/latino and have someone follow you around and question your right to be there. If you object, maybe it would be alright for you to get shot trying to defend yourself
Oh he would get questioned no doubt, hopefully would came out alive.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:06 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Daniel Adkins never even touched his shooter (whom we don't even know the name of since the media won't release his name.)

Basically he swung at the air and the black guy shot him from the safety of his car in the taco bell drive-thru.

Sometimes law enforcement makes poor decisions, it's not always racism.

I especially enjoy how zimmerman is "white" when it suits people but when people complain about illegal immigration that it's suddenly white people being racist against hispanics. Oh, but when they cause a problem they suddenly become white.

Race baiters.
Hispanic isn't a race its a culture, so someone can be white and hispanic, or black and hispanic or even asian and hispanic so try again.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Care to try again?

If you're black you can get away with murder.
oh really? is that why so many black men are in prison and out number whites? because they can get away with murder? oh ok lol

Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Hispanics aren't arrested for killing people unjustifiably?
i said ZIMMERMAN, i said nothing about a GROUP of people.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:11 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
"UKBlackGuy"????

Are you an American or from the UK?

Is this a troll thread? The OP hasn't been back on since starting this thread.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
i said ZIMMERMAN, i said nothing about a GROUP of people.
You prefaced your comment about George Zimmerman with a statement concerning black people who kill white people or other black persons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
the difference is those black people are/will be arrested for killing whites or each other, zimmerman was not.
Why talk about George Zimmerman in a discussion of white or black people - the man is Hispanic?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Right. Forgot we're blaming the victim here. If Zimmerman hadn't shot him, I'm sure someone else would've shot him while he was walking around holding a can of tea. After all, the kid's smoked pot... unlike most kids in America. He's gotten in trouble at school... unlike.. most kids in America....and he wore faddish tooth coverings and clothing... unlike most kids in America. Any kid that does those things, deserves to be profiled, followed, attacked and then shot on the sidewalk in "self defense"?

ROFL.
Maybe not "most" kids in America, but certainly "many" have smoked pot. There are plenty of people on this forum who admit to having smoked pot. Lots of kids get in trouble at school too, and virtually all teens wear faddish clothing, more and more are dying their hair crazy colors and getting tatoos, too. Don't know about the tooth coverings, but if that's the style at Trayvon's school, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Do you think he really needs the dough?
He emphatically stated his opinions.
If he is wrong, he looks like a fool.
Alan Dershowitz is no fool.
St. Alan, to you, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So says you. You think he was just going to quit smoking weed? He has no job where would he get the money from to buy weed? One way is to burglarize homes something he was suspected of doing in the past. Zimmerman observed him looking into homes. He very well could have been casing homes to rob while he served out his latest suspension.
How do you know Trayvon didn't have a job? How do you know he had no money? Plenty of people here on CD have admitted having smoked pot in their youth, so obviously plenty have quit (or not).

TM was not suspected of burglarizing homes in the past. He has a clean record. It is not clear that Zimmerman observed him looking into homes. Zimmerman himself never even said that.

Quote:
They are all one call except the rumored coon one. The FBI analyst are a lot more credible than you so once again you lose.
With you guys, the FBI is wrong, until they're right.

Quote:
LOL if Zimmerman thought Trayvon was possibly looking into homes to burglarize how is the fact that he previously suspected of burglary irrelevant? It would lend credibility to what Zimmerman says he saw.
As I mentioned before what is relavent,
Zimmerman did not know TRayvon from the man in the moon. He couldn't possibly have known about any of his history, b/c he didn't know him.

Quote:
Um ok so how do you feel this affected him? He imagined Trayvon?
I honestly think Zimmerman was coming mentally unglued. He had been calling the police once a week in the month before Trayvon's death to report "suspicious" people.

Quote:
He can follow anyone he wants to, a dispatcher's suggestion is not an enforceable command.
It's certainly a good idea to follow the advice of the PD.

Quote:
Oh well take it up the Sanford PD. Not his problem.
I like how you're so flip about a huge error on the part of the Sanford PD>

Quote:
He had a reason it's just not one you like because Zimmerman is not Black and Trayvon is Black. Just admit that and we can all just ignore your posts.
We have not heard Zimmerman's reason for killing Trayvon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies