Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 07:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
When's the last time you boarded a plane or walked into a federal building?

Those people are more concerned with what's IN YOUR POCKETS, ETC., than what's on your head. They search or scan EVERYBODY. Surely you didn't think a woman/man dressed in a business suit and carrying a briefcase would just sail through without being searched or scanned, did you?
You can't even go into a bank with a hoodie over your head. There are signs posted to keep your head uncovered.

Duh!

Some people just don't get out much, I guess.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You can't even go into a bank with a hoodie over your head. There are signs posted to keep your head uncovered.

Duh!

Some people just don't get out much, I guess.
Obviously I go to different places than you do if you are seeing those signs; I haven't seen them. Guess my bank is not worried.

And I guess your bank refuses all Muslim women entrance and accounts at your bank?

Some people make really absurd assumptions.

Btw, I've forgotten. What does wearing a hoodie up or down have to do with Zimmerman killing Trayvon Martin?

Old 05-27-2012, 07:31 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Of course they do. So what's your point? I never said GZ was a racist, but he definitely made a judgment call based on what he felt was wrong about Trayvon Martin. It was his perception. When does perception, especially when that logic and reasoning is clouded by stress & anxiety, become reality?
On the 911 call Zimmerman said that Martin was acting suspicious - walking in a manner that he looked high and looking about in the rain. Is it not possible that Martin was acting suspicious?

Is it not possible that Martin assisted Zimmerman's perception of him?

-Martin was possibly high based on autopsy and apparently has at least a small history with drugs...fits Zimmerman's description of him looking high.

-Martin was possibly looking in car windows or acting suspicious, especially if he was high...possible history of stealing with rumors of female jewelry in backpack in a previous school incident.

No idea if the rumors are true. But, sometimes, people are partly responsible for the perceptions that other people have of them.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:38 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Neighborhood Watch rules preclude the use of arms, and of pursuing people. Watch and report, only. Besides, when brought up that GZ violated NW rules, his defenders come along and say, "he wasn't really doing NW". As Nancy said a while back, it becomes a ridiculous game of "who's on first".

To summarize, if GZ was performing NW duty, he was in massive violation of the rules. If he was OK with carrying his gun around (on a planned trip to Target, no less) then he was not doing NW! You can't have it both ways!
Why not?

Old 05-27-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I wore a hoodie to church today.
We probably go to different churches lol

Old 05-27-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Unproven.
As everything we read here

Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
On the 911 call Zimmerman said that Martin was acting suspicious - walking in a manner that he looked high and looking about in the rain. Is it not possible that Martin was acting suspicious?

-Martin was possibly high based on autopsy and apparently has at least a small history with drugs...fits Zimmerman's description of him looking high.

-Martin was possibly looking in car windows or acting suspicious, especially if he was high...possible history of stealing with rumors of female jewelry in backpack in a previous school incident.

No idea if the rumors are true. But, sometimes, people are partly responsible for the perceptions that other people have of them.
Bottom line, Zimmerman did not have the right to kill him, regardless of Zimmerman's perceptions. You absolutely cannot control what other people think of you, period. Your scenario is like blaming a rape victim for her rape because of the clothes she wore. I think it's abundantly clear that Zimmerman has some pretty strong biases.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
When's the last time you boarded a plane or walked into a federal building?

Those people are more concerned with what's IN YOUR POCKETS, ETC., than what's on your head. They search or scan EVERYBODY. Surely you didn't think a woman/man dressed in a business suit and carrying a briefcase would just sail through without being searched or scanned, did you?
Are you crazy or something?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Are you crazy or something?
Didn't you make the statement that you can't board a plane or walk in a federal bldg. with a hoodie up? I asked when was the last time you boarded a plane or entered a fed. bldg.

Your response doesn't make sense. But then a lot of your posts don't make sense. Should people take your posts seriously or ignore them?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

TM was not "high". He had a small amount of THC in his system, indicating he had smoked marijuana in the recent past. He was NOT high at the time, to repeat.

He was not reported to be looking into car windows, per GZ's report to the police. He had no prior history of stealing, and GZ didn't know who he was, anyway.

GZ had been calling the police more frequently in the past month than he had in the past. He called the police 4 times in the month prior to KILLING Trayvon. I thinkhe was coming "unglued".

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Why not?
GZ was either doing NW duty, and violating their policies by carrying a gun and pursuing Trayvon, or he wasn't. Actually, by report, he was on his way to Target with his gun when he saw Trayvon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies