Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 09:18 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Okay who is your expert? CNN said the medical examiner's report said that we don't know when Martin took the drugs, based on the timing of the autopsy and the numbers and they had 2 doctors on that agreed with the medical examiner's findings. Don't be smug - good night it is late.
The respected forensic scientist, Larry Kobilinsky, said it's unlikely such a small amount would have any effect on his behavior or that a judge would allow it to be presented as evidence. He also said marijuana does not cause aggressive behavior. I watch CNN too. I did hear Mark NeJame, a very good friend of Mark O'Mara (Zimmerman's attorney) make a comment about Martin. He's not a forensic expert, although he's a defense attorney and a paid legal analyst.

Unfortunately, since no tests were performed on the shooter, we don't know what he was on that night. He could have been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana in addition to taking prescription medication. Even the lead investigator in the case wondered why Zimmerman, before and after leaving his vehicle, didn't identify himself as a concerned citizen. Zimmerman was acting very suspiciously IMO.

Last edited by justNancy; 05-27-2012 at 09:27 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 09:20 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
No, the expert was talking about Martin. The expert said that Martin could have been high or that he could have taken the drugs days beforehand. We don't know when he took the drugs. But we do know that there were traces of more than one type of drug in his body.

"Coming down" was my poor paraphrasing. I have never tried any form of illegal drugs and I don't smoke or drink so I am not up on the lingo. Basically, the expert said that we don't know when Martin took the various drugs.
Cat feed thinks it's over your head.

That's just plain funny.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Way off topic and a personal attack.
Nah, I'm used to it from those types. I pop in on the Trayvon threads about once every 5 or 6 days and it's the same ol', same ol'.

Let 'em run. It's amusing.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
I can see that you don't understand what I'm saying. I think it may be a bit over your head. You've also made it clear that you are getting your information from tee-vee experts, (who, by the way, haven't been privy to all the evidence either.)

Okay who is your expert? CNN said the medical examiner's report said that we don't know when Martin took the drugs, based on the timing of the autopsy and the numbers and they had 2 doctors on that agreed with the medical examiner's findings. Don't be smug - good night it is late.
I don't have an "expert." I've been reading this thread and some documents which have been released, one of which is the autopsy by the ME. Also, I do have some experience in this area of the criminal justice system.

Do we know when Zimmerman last took one of his prescription meds prior to the shooting? Probably not because the police didn't test him at the time. Was his "perception" affected by those drugs? I personally don't feel that THC would have made Martin at all aggressive. And the KEY here is we DON'T KNOW WHEN he was high the last time, and I don't think the drugs in Martin's system will be a big issue in this case. It's not a good strategy to bash a dead victim, especially not a dead 17 year old unarmed kid, during a trial. Juries don't like that.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The respected forensic scientist, Larry Kobilinsky said it's unlikely such a small amount would have any effect on his behavior or that a judge would allow it to be presented as evidence. They also said marijuana does not cause aggressive behavior. I watch CNN too. I did hear Mark NeJame, a very good friend of Mark O'Mara (Zimmerman's attorney) make a comment about Martin. He's not a forensic expert, although he's a defense attorney and a paid legal analyst.

Unfortunately, since no tests were performed on the shooter, we don't know what he was on that night. He could have been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana in addition to taking prescription medication. Even the lead investigator in the case wondered why Zimmerman, before and after leaving his vehicle, didn't identify himself as a concerned citizen. Zimmerman was acting very suspiciously IMO.
Glad you watch CNN.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Way off topic and a personal attack.
Wait a minute. If someone is attacking you and you answer him, that's off topic and a personal attack?

In a way, I guess that's what all of us are arguing about here, isn't it?

Edit: I just added a smiley face. I hope that makes you feel better. I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't read Dale's earlier posts if you think mine was a personal attack.

Last edited by justNancy; 05-27-2012 at 09:40 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Nah, I'm used to it from those types. I pop in on the Trayvon threads about once every 5 or 6 days and it's the same ol', same ol'.

Well, good for you that you're not a snitch, you like to "brainstorm," and you can hold your own..... I give you points for that.

I'm not even offended that you called me "cat feed"....lol

Old 05-27-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I added a smiley face to my earlier response. Maybe that will make the other poster feel better about it.

By the way what "types" are you referring to? "types" like people who disagree with you?

Old 05-27-2012, 09:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Yes, and it was not just a friend, but a girl friend.

I am taking that into account too. How long was he on the phone for? You see, you are only looking at one side. You are refusing to see Zimmerman's side. Your view is heavily slanted.

It is quite possible Martin did nothing wrong that night. It is also possible that Zimmerman did not break a law either. He did apparently break a rule of his organization not to be armed if he was on duty.
Well, there are some people who say the woman Trayvon was talking to was NOT his girlfriend. We know how long he was on the phone with her. It has been posted here many times. You are late to the party. Instead of us digging through this and the umpteen other threads about this, perhaps you could do a search.

Quote:
#1 He certainly has a character that can be question in regards to the tragedy. So does Martin. That is my point - we don't know what happened. Yes he called a lot, but wasn't it working out to something like once a month or so...and for being a night watchman in an area with many break ins.....he could certainly argue that it wasn't unwarranted.

#2 "Well he was looking about" and acting suspicious. Zimmerman could elaborate in the courtroom and tell the truth or lie -- no one alive knows the truth.

#3 The first part of your sentence is true, the second is not necessarily true it is you coming to a conclusion without the evidence for it. The expert that I saw said he definitely had traces of drugs in his body, but it is not definitive as to when he last took them. I'll go with the expert over you for now.
He darn sure was calling the cops once a week. He also was no "night watchman". He was a self-appointed Neighborhood Watch "captain".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ask and it shall be given you.

46 Calls - The Daily Beast

4 the month before the shooting (~1 a week)
2 more within 6 months of the shooting
2 in August of 2011
1 each in March, April and May of 2011 for a total of 11 in the year before the shooting. It appears GZ was becoming unglued in late Jan/Feb. of 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That's not relevant!!!!!!!!! Or so say the Trayvoniacs.
Well, it's not! Not to mention that post you quoted has several lies in it. Trayvon is not known to have stolen anything. Marijuana was NOT found in his locker, and no "burglary tool" was found there either. He was in posession of a screwdriver, a common tool found in almost every household.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Wait a minute. If someone is attacking you and you answer him, that's off topic and a personal attack?

In a way, I guess that's what all of us are arguing about here, isn't it?

Edit: I just added a smiley face. I hope that makes you feel better. I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't read Dale's earlier posts if you think mine was a personal attack.
If you think I attacked you or any specific person, it's because I made my point and it hit home. I didn't cite you or any specific person in my post.

Exploding heads are fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies