Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2012, 12:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If I ever decide to choose the criminal career path I will make sure to carry Skittles with me at all times as evidence of my innocent nature.
Come on. Clearly, if you followed Trayvon's path, you'd be dead. There's absolutely no evidence of any criminal path by Trayvon. No convictions or arrests.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:15 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"Sweet Little Trayvon"? Is that your real issue? You think there was something "wrong" with Trayvon? What might that be?
I am sure Trayvon will achieve sainthood any day now. What is the Vatican waiting on?

Old 05-28-2012, 12:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Come on. Clearly, if you followed Trayvon's path, you'd be dead. There's absolutely no evidence of any criminal path by Trayvon. No convictions or arrests.
I am not going to beat up on Trayvon. He had some problems. Most 17 year olds grow out of their problems.

What I am saying is Trayvon was not killed for wearing a hoodie. He was not killed for being black. He was not killled because he had Skittles and tea. He was killed for beating up Zimmermen.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I am not going to beat up on Trayvon. He had some problems. Most 17 year olds grow out of their problems.

What I am saying is Trayvon was not killed for wearing a hoodie. He was not killed for being black. He was not killled because he had Skittles and tea. He was killed for beating up Zimmermen.
At the moment, with what we know now, that seems like the case; of course, it remains to be seen whether or not Zimmerman can prove that in his self defense case or if the State can prove otherwise.

I'm still wondering whether or not, under SYG, someone can instigate a fight, then shoot and kill the person if they are on the losing end of the fight. My big issue is with SYG. And I'm wondering what the courts will see as behavior "instigating" a fight.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I am sure Trayvon will achieve sainthood any day now. What is the Vatican waiting on?
It's not that Trayvon was a "saint"......it's that some people seem to have issues regarding him that's beyond me. I'm wondering what that is and why.

Some disputes seem to be about who started the fight. I'm interested in what the court will find constitutes "instigating the fight" in this case. Can someone instigate a fight with another person, be on the losing end of the fight, and legitimately fear for their life, then therfore be justified in shooting and killing that person?

Old 05-28-2012, 02:53 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
It's not that Trayvon was a "saint"......it's that some people seem to have issues regarding him that's beyond me. I'm wondering what that is and why.

Some disputes seem to be about who started the fight. I'm interested in what the court will find constitutes "instigating the fight" in this case. Can someone instigate a fight with another person, be on the losing end of the fight, and legitimately fear for their life, then therfore be justified in shooting and killing that person?
We know for a fact that under the regular self defense law a person who is the aggressor, initially provokes the use of force against himself, may use deadly force if he reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm And has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger.

You think syg Limits an initial aggressor's right to use deadly force ?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:

Aw, Jeez, didja have to go and say that? You'll wind them up again. Another 100 pages and they still won't get it. I doubt they ever will, even after Zimm gets his NOT GUILTY verdict.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:47 PM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Aw, Jeez, didja have to go and say that? You'll wind them up again. Another 100 pages and they still won't get it. I doubt they ever will, even after Zimm gets his NOT GUILTY verdict.
Yes I think we are dangerously close to starting a religion here. "in those days Trayvon the pure and innocent was slain by Zimmerman the evil one". Liberal dichotomy 3:16.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Yes I think we are dangerously close to starting a religion here. "in those days Trayvon the pure and innocent was slain by Zimmerman the evil one". Liberal dichotomy 3:16.
So true

Thumbs up.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That's not relevant!!!!!!!!! Or so say the Trayvoniacs.
Because it is not relevant as to what happened that night!!!

If you beat up your sister when you were 15 is that relevant to you getting into a fight with a woman 10 years later?

Ok, if you want to make it relevant you should include the fact that zimmerman was on medications at the time AND he has a history of racist remarks AND violence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies