Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I wonder what the zimdefenders are going to say about this? Whoops I think...that ...I ....hear....crickets!

They'll defend him to no end. They'll say he had a right to run and then say something about Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton while totally glossing over the fact the man is a known liar with a shady past.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Stop being lazy the referenced article is posted in that thread in the first post. Im not going to scour the web for you.

The info is there it's not my problem you choose to ignore it
Do you have any comment on Zimmerman's bail being revoked? Or do you have any comment regarding Zimmerman's honesty now that his bail has been revoked for lying about how much money he had at the time?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
I wonder what the zimdefenders are going to say about this? Whoops I think...that ...I ....hear....crickets!
How is his bail being revoked change the underlying circumstances of the case?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM

18,353 posts, read 26,479,237 times
The donations were coming in after he was bailed out. He didn't lie, he didn't have it yet. This is a case of the state trying to play up a losing case.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 PM

812 posts, read 594,901 times
Quote:
So I guess white and latino "punk asses" get a pass huh?

Btw, WTF is a scuttle?
You have a reading problem and what is this WTF stuff? A scuttle, oh that is a mouthful of skittles.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Well I am not black so I don't know what your experiences have been and whether you deserve a pass because of negative experiences or are just paranoid and need counseling

I am disturbed by some black folk that jump to I think a paranoid conclusion that this was some sort of profiling based on race and race alone. As I have said before, Arabs in general I don't pay much notice but Arabs on a plane give me pause for concern. I think young black men with a negative history in this neighborhood is the problem.
Not that I am naive enough to believe there isn't still racism in the world I do believe that it has become more of xenophobic by definition than racial hate. It is a trust problem based on I believe mutual negativity so what say we all get a little more positive. As an old psych teacher once said to me you come at me fist rolled up how do expect I am going to come back?
And all of that ^^^^ is based on Zimmerman's word? So what do you think of the news today that Zimmerman's bond has been revoked because he lied at the bail hearing? This is additional evidence that Zimmerman will have a problem getting a jury to believe what he says.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:13 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you have any comment on Zimmerman's bail being revoked? Or do you have any comment regarding Zimmerman's honesty now that his bail has been revoked for lying about how much money he had at the time?
Wow I know you guys are giddy as all out but I just read the article. Seems the judge wasn't buying his excuses. Bail has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. Nothing has changed from my perspective.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:15 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And it goes to credibility, credibility. This guy is really burying himself with his dishonesty!

How could he expect a jury to believe things he says when he seems to be establishing such a record for dishonesty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The donations were coming in after he was bailed out. He didn't lie, he didn't have it yet. This is a case of the state trying to play up a losing case.
No, the donations were coming in when he was in jail. The evidence was his phone conversations with his wife regarding the amounts he was receiving and transferring (over $100k) while he was in jail.

He then told the Judge they had no money, AFTER these conversations happened

Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM

18,353 posts, read 26,479,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No, the donations were coming in when he was in jail. The evidence was his phone conversations with his wife regarding the amounts he was receiving and transferring (over $100k) while he was in jail.

He then told the Judge they had no money, AFTER these conversations happened
Why should he be forced to hand over the money donated for his defense, to be held as bond, stripping him of the ability to defend himself?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Wow I know you guys are giddy as all out but I just read the article. Seems the judge wasn't buying his excuses. Bail has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. Nothing has changed from my perspective.
lying to the Judge has everything to do with character and honesty though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.