Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 02:30 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I don't believe anything I read in the media about this anymore. I wouldn't put manufacturing evidence past the state here.
So you think they have made up the tape recorded conversations between him and his wife where he talks about the extra passport and the money?

OK

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
The prosecution made fools of themself at the first hearing. Their case is flimsier than rotting paper. This is a distraction from the real issues.
Yeah, but look at the Traybots go.

New cud to chew on.

Fun for everyone!

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Wow I know you guys are giddy as all out but I just read the article. Seems the judge wasn't buying his excuses. Bail has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. Nothing has changed from my perspective.
And you don't see this as being an issue of Zimmerman's credibility, at the very least?

Maybe - or maybe not - he was unclear about how much money he had suckered people out of (but I doubt it) but I don't see how he could have made an honest mistake about the passport.

Weird that "nothing has changed" from your perspective.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
I don't believe anything I read in the media about this anymore. I wouldn't put manufacturing evidence past the state here.
So you don't believe anything except what Zimmerman says. But that comes with the caveat that you don't believe what Zimmerman said in jail, those things that were taped and illustrate that he lied to the judge about how much money he had? Is that right?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So you think they have made up the tape recorded conversations between him and his wife where he talks about the extra passport and the money?

OK
Can that stuff be mentioned during his trial? If yes, he is toast. His entire defense is based on how truthful the jury thinks he is being with his side of the story. If the prosecution can prove that he has already lied under oath to a judge, I imagine that most reasonable people would not trust a single word that comes out of his mouth.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So you don't believe anything except what Zimmerman says. But that comes with the caveat that you don't believe what Zimmerman said in jail, those things that were taped and illustrate that he lied to the judge about how much money he had? Is that right?
I believe the original investigation which showed no crime. I believe the original stories of the witnesses who saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman, I believe the medical reports which showed Zimmerman was beaten. The media has been deliberately deceptive and dishonest in their reporting.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
In Florida if you don't have money to pay a defense lawyer, the state provides you with an attorney, a Public Defender.
When his current attorney took the case, wasn't it assumed at that time that he was likely working pro bono?

It seems to me that Zimmerman had legal representation lined up before anyone knew about the money.

So, the argument that disclosing the money would have left him without representation seems pretty naive.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And you don't see this as being an issue of Zimmerman's credibility, at the very least?

Maybe - or maybe not - he was unclear about how much money he had suckered people out of (but I doubt it) but I don't see how he could have made an honest mistake about the passport.

Weird that "nothing has changed" from your perspective.
Did your opinion change when he was given bail?

The prosecution still has to prove its case. Nothing released this far shows they are able to do that. Zimmerman in my mind he is not a flight risk. He could have fled anytime before he was arrested. He did not. Not sure why he decided to not be forthcoming with the judge. Well he will be spending the next few months in jail. I guess one silver lining for him is noe the state bears the risk of keeping him safe.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Wow I know you guys are giddy as all out but I just read the article. Seems the judge wasn't buying his excuses. Bail has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. Nothing has changed from my perspective.
Edward, I've always said you should definitely keep your job and career in finance going; law doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

How does lying ON THE RECORD, to the Court have an effect upon the guilt or innocence?

I guess if your defense is heavily dependent upon the jury finding you to be an honest person, so that they take your word at face value that you killed someone because you were in fear that you were going to die, it might not be a good thing to have you lying under oath to the Judge, on the record, along with other inconsistent statements you had made in the case. Edward, that's how it changes the guilt/innocence issues here.

CREDIBILITY, CREDIBILITY, CREDIBILITY has everything to do with guilt or innocence.

Nothing has changed from your perspective. Okay. You still think this man has a good innocence case? His attorney has apparently hired co-counsel to help him with the case; he has hired an attorney who has a lot of experience doing murder cases. Does that sound like an attorney who thinks he has a "slam dunk" at an immunity hearing? Why would he hire additional help when he could just make all that money himself?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
I believe the original investigation which showed no crime. I believe the original stories of the witnesses who saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman, I believe the medical reports which showed Zimmerman was beaten. The media has been deliberately deceptive and dishonest in their reporting.
How did you get this information? Through the media?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies