Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I am not sure if y'all are joking but it was a play on 'yahoo' with other internet terms, Safari (Apple's browser), Bing (Microsoft search engine), Google (search engine etc)
Still makes no sense.........

Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We do not know who started the altercation.

I would like to add to my previous post-GZ was NOT acting in capacity of Neighorhood Watch at the time he KILLED Trayvon Martin. (Once more, for emphasis, LOL!)
It doesn't matter what he was doing in regards to neighborhood watch. As a citizen he had a right to be there in his neighborhood on private property.

The prosecutor also admits they don't know who started the altercation, but the EVIDENCE and witness statements corroborate to show that Trayvon was on top of GZ hitting him and this evidence would most definitely have to be considered.

Do you think Zimmerman slammed his own head into the sidewalk? Punched himself up?

Old 06-04-2012, 11:38 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I was wondering why a legal defense fund is to be treated as a personal asset.

In the United States, a legal defense fund (or LDF) is an account set up to pay for legal expenses, which can include attorneys' fees, court filings, litigation costs, legal advice, or other legal fees. The fund can be public or private and is set up for individuals, organizations, or for a particular purpose. These funds are often used by government public officials, civil rights organizations, and public interest organizations.
Legal defense funds often have large membership counts where the members contribute to the fund. The fund sometimes is or operates like a law firm, where teams of attorneys provide legal services through litigation.[1] Contrary to the name, attorneys working for legal defense funds both file and defend lawsuit. Unlike legal financing from legal financing companies, legal defense funds provide a separate account for litigation rather than a one-time cash advancement, though both are used for purposes of financing litigation and legal costs.

Because the way Zimmerman was also using the funds for personal use and not to just pay legal fee's. With the way he's using the funds, the IRS will be knocking on his door come next April 15th.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Because the way Zimmerman was also using the funds for personal use and not to just pay legal fee's. With the way he's using the funds, the IRS will be knocking on his door come next April 15th.
I'd love to see an accounting of where all the money they spent actually went. You know - how much went to relocating and reasonable living expenses and how much went to non-essentials.

I just have this gut feeling that there were some "splurges" purchased out of that account.

I wonder if the idiots who were/are stupid enough to donate to him would be upset if they were to find out that their money went to things like a big screen t.v. or a little "bling" for the wife.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Really? Most whites know better than walking or even driving through a black neighborhood.....
Unfortunately the reality at this time is that a black person may get into trouble walking in a white neighborhood because he is suspected of making trouble, while a white person walking in a black neighborhood would be in trouble solely because he is white.

It may have been the other way around in the past, where a black man walking in a white neighborhood would be in trouble just because he is black, and maybe in a few instances it still has happened recently, but the last time it was generally considered safe for a white man to walk in a black neighborhood was when their would be hell to pay if something happened to him.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Unfortunately the reality at this time is that a black person may get into trouble walking in a white neighborhood because he is suspected of making trouble, while a white person walking in a black neighborhood would be in trouble solely because he is white.
But in this case the area were getting robbed by all black young men. That is called a description.
So when a young unknown black man is running around the grounds during a rain, they wonder who he is, does he have a reason to be there or is he there to burglarize someone.

Happens elsewhere with young white kids as well. But in this case it was blacks.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
I know. I know. How about a thread discussing the well known and verifiable data showing that Blacks who represent 14% of US population also represent over 40% of all inmate population in the US and how this fact affects the way Blacks are perceived by the rest of population?

PS. I know, I know: even mentioning this facts, provided by the federal government, makes me a bigot and a racist.

Since you want to quote the obvious, how about the number of blacks falsely sent to prison because of a racist, jury/judge, what about not having a real defender instead of an inexperienced "public pretender", or how about the cops who are too lazy to investigate a crime and lock up the first black person that looks "questionable", or the fact that people like the koch brothers fund organizations like ALEX to buy politicans who are owned by the for profit prisons system. But mostly all of the first time offenders who are lead to believe that if they plead guilty to something that they did not do they would get less time if they go before a jury.

PS. I know by even mentioning these facts, provided by common sense, makes me slightly more intelligent than the average dittohead from faux

Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
It doesn't matter what he was doing in regards to neighborhood watch. As a citizen he had a right to be there in his neighborhood on private property.

The prosecutor also admits they don't know who started the altercation, but the EVIDENCE and witness statements corroborate to show that Trayvon was on top of GZ hitting him and this evidence would most definitely have to be considered.

Do you think Zimmerman slammed his own head into the sidewalk? Punched himself up?

Since zimmerman's credibility is shattered, I would not have put it past him to have injured himself. Like I said before "who in their right mind gets his head smashed on concrete and does not get checked for a concussion?"

Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Really? Most whites know better than walking or even driving through a black neighborhood.....
Not really, it would depend on the person and the neighborhood that they are going through. All whites are not afraid of blacks or their neighborhood. Btw it works the other way around as well, have you ever heard of Bensonhurst N.Y?

Old 06-04-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Having the right to do something (follow a stranger in your community) doesn't mean you must do it, and it's seems very obvious that Zimmerman's bad judgement in that regard has ruined his life and taken the life of another. It's a big mistake to hang on so tightly to one answer, from one witness, in a hearing and to hang your hat on it, so to speak.

You're going to be so disappointed when the trial starts and nothing plays out as you are so sure it will. You do realize that Zimmerman's own lawyer has now said that his credibility has been "damaged" by the reason his bail was revoked.

The name calling is not necessary.

Btw, tell me WHERE in the "charging documents" they made the specific assertion that they don't know who started the fight. You consistently fragment the evidence, which is why you come to so many wrong conclusions. Look at the definition of circumstantial evidence.

I know if he keeps jumping to conclusions he is going to break his neck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies