Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 08:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What are you having difficulty understanding about this case?

There's an old legal aphorism that says, "If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table."

Calling other members "morons" and making comments with insults like "idiotic" makes it obvious to me that a few people on this thread are simply pounding the table.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree with you there, but Zimmerman's fate will be determined in a courtroom, so I am not sure why anyone thinks they know exactly what the outcome will be. I am of the opinion that he should rot in prison, but I would say the same thing about Casey Anthony and we know what happened there.

I think Zimmerman is an unstable, reckless idiot and I think that if he gets off he'll do something to get himself back in. Between the lying, the numerous calls to police and the poor judgement he used when he exited his vehicle to follow an innocent teenager, apparently he thinks he is entitled to do whatever he wants. Aggression, dishonesty and stupidity is not a good combination.
Casey Anthony was found not guilty because the State could not prove their case. I think the Casey Anthony trial is one of the reasons that the special prosecutor in this case may have been very careful that she has what she feels is adequate evidence, enough evidence, to support a conviction. EVERYBODY knew what happened in the CA trial. And the state attorney in that case took a lot of heat. The lead prosecutor on that case quit his job immediately after the trial was over. I'm sure the special prosecutor does not want her reputation ruined by filing charges in a case where she has very limited evidence, or evidence she can't tie together in a coherent manner so that a jury can understand.

As for Zimmerman, I'm wondering if he's sort of a pathological liar, and maybe sometimes doesn't even realize he's lying or have any belief that lying is "wrong." This has to be a nightmare for his attorney.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Ah, but if you had read any of my previous posts you would find a statement similar to this, if z so much as placed a fatherly hand on this young mans shoulder the young man had every right to knock it off his shoulder in which case z deserves to hang. If it were my son and that in fact happened I too would want him to hang. I belIeve it is likely the opposite until I learn differently. In that regard I would say a trial is in order. However, he should not be in jail until the trial begins. Otherwise these asinine political red neck hacks have put an innocent man in jail guilty of no more than self defense. If that happens as a result of this trial we are all screwed for self defense and private property defense.
Fatherly? GZ was only 11 years older than Trayvon. A little young to be his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I am pleased that any criminal that theatens any ones life for any reason, black or white is being taken out. They are useless POS who do not deserve to live. I think black posters here are just angry that blacks commit the majority of violent crimes and are now being dealt with by being shot and killed and I feel it bothers you.
So what was Trayvon convicted of? Who threatened whose life?

Old 06-05-2012, 08:14 PM

179 posts, read 156,663 times
So the lying prosecutor has lost it and threatened Harvard Law and Dershowitz. Just lol - she's out of her element at this point.

Dershowitz: Zimmerman Prosecutor Threatening to Sue Harvard Over My Criticism

Old 06-05-2012, 08:21 PM

179 posts, read 156,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Casey Anthony was found not guilty because the State could not prove their case. I think the Casey Anthony trial is one of the reasons that the special prosecutor in this case may have been very careful that she has what she feels is adequate evidence, enough evidence, to support a conviction. EVERYBODY knew what happened in the CA trial. And the state attorney in that case took a lot of heat. The lead prosecutor on that case quit his job immediately after the trial was over. I'm sure the special prosecutor does not want her reputation ruined by filing charges in a case where she has very limited evidence, or evidence she can't tie together in a coherent manner so that a jury can understand.

As for Zimmerman, I'm wondering if he's sort of a pathological liar, and maybe sometimes doesn't even realize he's lying or have any belief that lying is "wrong." This has to be a nightmare for his attorney.
You give prosecutors way too much credit. They're not all nearly as bright as you assume. Plenty are just as venal and ambitious as any other politician.

I do agree Zimmerman is a world-class idiot. But that doesn't mean the state has come close to the evidence needed for murder 2. Even taking *everything* the girlfriend says at face value, and even accounting for whatever conflicts/lies Zim told, the physical and eyewitness evidence is much too in Zim's favor to get beyond a reasonable doubt for murder 2. Like Dershowitz says, the elements for the offense just aren't there. Even if you assume Zimmerman started assaulting Trayvon first (a *giant* assumption based on the evidence), it didn't necessarily give Trayvon the right to use deadly force (which punching someone lying prone for a minute is). Unless there is proof Zim threatened Trayvon with a gun first I don't see a conviction here.

Bear in mind I was just making assumptions above. There's zero or scant evidence for all of the stuff I said.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 PM

812 posts, read 595,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
So the lying prosecutor has lost it and threatened Harvard Law and Dershowitz. Just lol - she's out of her element at this point.

Dershowitz: Zimmerman Prosecutor Threatening to Sue Harvard Over My Criticism
Dershowitz is by no means a conservative. He sees the blatant political motivation of a very shallow political move. Look for this prosecutor to get involved in politics soon and or gain some book royalties.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 PM

812 posts, read 595,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
There's an old legal aphorism that says, "If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table."

Calling other members "morons" and making comments with insults like "idiotic" makes it obvious to me that a few people on this thread are simply pounding the table.
I will be here to explore the feelings of these folks when Zimmerman does not go to trial.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenester View Post
Free Zimmerman. False arrest, prisoner of conscious.
He will be freed, and all the Trayvoniacs spewing their guts out in this and other Tray threads will be fools. But they won't realize it because they just plain aren't that smart.

It goes with the liberal mindset.

Every single day, I'm thankful to God that I wasn't raised that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I will be here to explore the feelings of these folks when Zimmerman does not go to trial.
Yes. I read what you said in this post after I posted the above.

Fun times are a'comin' for you and me.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They have no such witness that's the problem. They have no idea who started the fight. Zimmerman's little game with the court may cost him though. It was a foolish thing to do.
I look forward to the day this trial starts. You are going to be quite surprised at what kind of ideas "they" have about how the fight started. Once again, Edward: circumstantial evidence.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He will be freed, and all the Trayvoniacs spewing their guts out in this and other Tray threads will be fools. But they won't realize it because they just plain aren't that smart.

It goes with the liberal mindset.

Every single day, I'm thankful to God that I wasn't raised that way.

Yes. I read what you said in this post after I posted the above.

Fun times are a'comin' for you and me.
Delusions or wishful thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies