Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 01:50 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The investigation was ongoing. There was insufficient evidence establishing probable cause for an arrest on the night of the killing, in their opinion.
Except by the arresting officer who was instructed by the DA to let him go

The last time that I heard that a person killed someone else and the police did not followup with an investigation happened during the "times of lynching" blacks in the deep south

Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Except by the arresting officer who was instructed by the DA to let him go

The last time that I heard that a person killed someone else and the police did not followup with an investigation happened during the "times of lynching" blacks in the deep south
Asking you for a link is a waste of time, so I'll put it this way. If anyone has a name of a real person or a court document that indicates Serino wanted to arrest gz on the night of the killing, please post a link because I've never seen one. Not a newspaper article with anonymous or 'close to the investigation' sources. I mean something reliable.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
This discussion has finally evolved and simplified itself. It is not about racism- it is not about oppression and the law supporting whites and persecuting blacks..It is simply about one question - Did one human being have to kill another human being and did the shooter have the option of avoiding the killing? That's the question. Could Zimmerman have survived without the taking of another human life?

IF people were truthful and brave - and would answer a simple question with honor...this would be quick..If I were the judge and ZImmerman was an bright and honorable man...I would ask him this... -Mr. ZIMMERMAN could you if you had the will avoided killing Mr MARTIN? yes or no?...

But of course no judge will ask this- and Zimmerman is not bright nor honorable - so lets forget this perfect world scenario.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:00 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I was about to thank you for providing important info I'd missed, then I read the article. The 2nd paragraph---

"The lead investigator in the case wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter in the weeks after the shooting but was overruled."

See the words in the weeks after the shooting ? On March 13, Serino sent the arrest request to prosecutors. Where do you see anything about Serino believing he had ample evidence to charge Zimmerman that night ? The whole 'that night' story is a myth started by media reports that In My Opinion relied on biased sources or didn't understand the difference between Feb. 26 and March 13.

I think the weed baggie and pipe from tm's suspension will be used and If the facebook can be proven to be tm's, parts of it might be used.

I suppose there are Some people who believe that tm 'deserved to die.' Not me. Unless believing gz might have Legally acted in self defense is the same to you as believing tm 'deserved to die.'

I'm neither pleased nor displeased. The purpose of a trial, however, is for the state to prove a defendant is guilty, not for a defendant to have the 'opportunity' to prove innocence.

imo.
Trayvon Martin case: Detective wanted to arrest Zimmerman for manslaughter | Mail Online

Trayvon Martin lead investigator wanted George Zimmerman arrested the night of the fatal shooting - Crimesider - CBS News

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...UBMcOE7ojxYP7g

[quote] Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, saying he did not believe Zimmerman's version of events./]

So somewhere in the court records there is an affidavit filed by Det. Serino on the night of the killing. Try Googling it.

Last edited by Evenstar51; 06-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: added quote from last link

Old 06-12-2012, 03:05 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Not sure if this has been posted, but George's wife was charged with purjury today.

George Zimmerman's wife charged with perjury

Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not sure if this has been posted, but George's wife was charged with purjury today.

Boy it just keeps getting worse for this guy. At this point I may just be entertaining the thought of pleading out. George in all his hubris thought he could manipulate the system to his advantage from the start. It is clear that things are beginning to backfire, and in a not-so discreet way.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Interesting remarks from Judge Lester concerning the bond revocation. Note the bolded.

George Zimmerman bond revoked order: Judge's order explains why he sent Zimmerman back to jail - Orlando Sentinel

Excellent link, Mr. Sykes. The judge has a clear picture of how Zimmerman operates now, and we all know the drill: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I doubt that the judge will be as lenient as the Sanford P.D. proved to be. If the residue of marijuana in a baggie is enough to condemn Martin in the eyes of some people, that certainly won't outweigh the perjury that the judge witnessed himself during the trial.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
[quote=Evenstar51;24714457]Trayvon Martin case: Detective wanted to arrest Zimmerman for manslaughter | Mail Online

Trayvon Martin lead investigator wanted George Zimmerman arrested the night of the fatal shooting - Crimesider - CBS News

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...UBMcOE7ojxYP7g

Quote:
Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, saying he did not believe Zimmerman's version of events./]

So somewhere in the court records there is an affidavit filed by Det. Serino on the night of the killing. Try Googling it.
Yep, the sources told ABC.

"So somewhere in the court records there is an affidavit filed by Det. Serino on the night of the killing." Bunk, unless people who claim it exists find it.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:

I suppose people thought that the judge would let this slide; it appears that the judge is a by-the-book kind of guy. The trial will be most interesting. I hope that Zimmerman is finished ruining or ending the lives of other people.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:29 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Trayvon Martin is not "three thugs". He was one unarmed person walking home from 7-11 who was not committing any crime. If he was conspiring or planning to commit a crime or to harm someone, he wouldn't be a victim. Unless it is proven that George Zimmerman was attacked (although TM has no motive to do so), as it stands Trayvon Martin is the victim. What point are you trying to prove here? I think I know what it is, let's see if you will admit it.
And how do you know what he was or wasn't planning to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies