Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 02:32 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,939,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Goodness. I don't read all the posts on these Sweet Little Trayvon threads because most of them are the same incomprehensible babble over and over, made by people who think they're legal eagles because half their family and friends are in prison and they sit at home all day watching People's Court. But a flat screen TV?

That's a new one to me, too.

So you just come in here attempting to annoy people?

Old 06-14-2012, 02:34 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,599,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I said My property is worth more to me than a thief's life.
Therein lies the difference between us.

My LIFE is worth more than a thief's life, certainly.

My goods or property are NOT.

I would never murder someone over a THING.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Goodness. I don't read all the posts on these Sweet Little Trayvon threads because most of them are the same incomprehensible babble over and over, made by people who think they're legal eagles because half their family and friends are in prison and they sit at home all day watching People's Court. But a flat screen TV?

That's a new one to me, too.
I guess my post went over your head.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:40 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,151,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
LOL. So if I post about the upcoming election, does it make me a "groupie?" Expressing your opinion about a current story in the news has nothing to do with being a fan of one person or another. A "groupie" would be someone who visits Zimmerman and sends letters to his family - or how about the people who are sending money to Zimmerman? Do these same people give food to their local food banks? I hope so.

Anyway, I do agree with you that it's possible Trayvon Martin "mouthed off" when confronted by George Zimmerman. His mother used those words. Nobody ever said he was an angel, only that he had no prior arrests or history of violence, except for the rumors spread on the internet.

Yes, this might be a tragic story about 2 young men who acted foolishly. However, one of them was only 17 and unarmed and the other was 28 and had a loaded 9mm semi-automatic weapon. Therefore, it was not a level playing field, no matter how you feel about the victim. If this were a rape, it wouldn't matter if the woman liked to party or slept around. It would be totally irrelevant. Only George Zimmerman knows what really happened that night after the 2 met, and his credibility has been recently been tainted.
LOL look at the majority of posts. Dems insult GOP Gop insult Dems and all for the same exact sins.

In this case Zimmeramn is evil and Martin a saint. Make martin look more innocent by calling him a child.
Martin is a thug a zimmerman a hero. make Zimmerman look like a victim because he was owned by Martin.
Your right we don't know what happened. Thats why I am not taking sides although I am constantly accused of such by Martin supporters who know no more about that night than I do.
The young man was a wanna be. Lots of young men are. Its a sad shame he was killed.
Zimmerman is a wanna be. Its a sad shame the idiot didn't just follow Martin to his fathers house and let the better late than never police force do their jobs. Or Better still be content that he reported what he thought was a suspicious person.
Its a sad fact that idiots act like idiots. That doesn't mean that either one woke up that day and said gee today is the day I take my stupidity to a new level.
The thing is I don't have ill will towards Martin. This all started because I challenged that he was not a child.
Level playing field. On the street? No such thing.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,151,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Therein lies the difference between us.

My LIFE is worth more than a thief's life, certainly.

My goods or property are NOT.

I would never murder someone over a THING.
I wouldn't murder period.
I would defend my self and my property from a criminal. If he or she is killed that is the risk they accepted when they opted to violate my rights, my home, my space.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,614,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I guess my post went over your head.
I didn't read your post and have no intention of doing so. I read tinman's post. Your post(s) are irrelevant to me.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
LOL look at the majority of posts. Dems insult GOP Gop insult Dems and all for the same exact sins.

In this case Zimmeramn is evil and Martin a saint. Make martin look more innocent by calling him a child.
Martin is a thug a zimmerman a hero. make Zimmerman look like a victim because he was owned by Martin.
Your right we don't know what happened. Thats why I am not taking sides although I am constantly accused of such by Martin supporters who know no more about that night than I do.
The young man was a wanna be. Lots of young men are. Its a sad shame he was killed.
Zimmerman is a wanna be. Its a sad shame the idiot didn't just follow Martin to his fathers house and let the better late than never police force do their jobs. Or Better still be content that he reported what he thought was a suspicious person.
Its a sad fact that idiots act like idiots. That doesn't mean that either one woke up that day and said gee today is the day I take my stupidity to a new level.
The thing is I don't have ill will towards Martin. This all started because I challenged that he was not a child.
Level playing field. On the street? No such thing.
You do NOT want to challenge the Traybots! Their little heads explode. Since they are empty, you don't have to worry about getting messy, though.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I didn't read your post and have no intention of doing so. I read tinman's post. Your post(s) are irrelevant to me.
You must have read my post.

I'm the only one who mentioned a flat screen TV. Yes, think!

Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You zealots amaze me. I never suggested anything. You retorted to someones post. Your words Because we all know property is so much more important than a human life. I never claimed inferred or suggested Trayvon was a thief or had a flat screen tv. Kindly show me where I did. I said My property is worth more to me than a thief's life. I stand by this.
Zimmerman assumed many things, just like you seem to be assuming when you attempt to put words in my mouth.
Fox, unfortunately, since your post was the last one on the page, I read it. Check out the above:

I never claimed inferred or suggested Trayvon was a thief or had a flat screen tv

I don't know how it could be more obvious. flat screen tv. Get it now? Apparently, you're the only one talking about flat screen tv's and apparently accusing others of saying Sweet Little Trayvon was carrying one.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Fox, unfortunately, since your post was the last one on the page, I read it. Check out the above:

I never claimed inferred or suggested Trayvon was a thief or had a flat screen tv

I don't know how it could be more obvious. flat screen tv. Get it now? Apparently, you're the only one talking about flat screen tv's and apparently accusing others of saying Sweet Little Trayvon was carrying one.
If you read my post you would know that I was NOT doing that.

But, you don't read my posts, so you wouldn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies