Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
LISTEN, It's pretty simple if one is objective and open-minded.

This guy Zimmerman appears 99% GUILTY as hell. He was told to stop Stalking Martin. He ignored that command. Obviously from witnesses and cell phone tape...Zimmerman instigated the trouble and subsequently , the kid is dead because of a person who was NOT authorized to impose himself....as only a Badge wearing officer of the Law is duly authorized TO DO.

I watched that sneaky guy in court yesterday. He strikes me as a Lying, cunning Con man, who wanted to be a 'power figure.'

That's my honest opinion, and I am confident of it.
Well by all means let's throw him under the jail based on how he appears to you, who cares about facts?

Old 04-21-2012, 04:48 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Let's see...neighbor takes pics, cops don't. EMT doesn't think injuries are severe enough to call ambulance, but head is bleeding profusely. Was there blood on the sidewalk? Is it in the police report? Just before bond hearing one neighbor claims she saw Zimmerman with bandages and another claims he took photos on his iPhone just minutes after he heard the shooting.

Why didn't they come forward and make a statement after the shooting? I'm not talking about after idiots began making threats, since someone can say they were afraid. But don't you always talk to the police right after you witness an injury this severe? Did they show the photos to the police? After the police video was all over the news and reporters were saying he was lying about his injuries, why didn't this good neighbor dispute their accusations? Why now? Why wasn't there blood on his clothing? It just dripped down his head and then stopped so he wouldn't have to change?
There were 4 witness statements in the police report although I think they were redacted we should see what they said to the police during the immunity phase.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Just because Zimmerman was bleeding, it doesn't mean Martin wasn't fighting for his life before he was shot to death. You are assuming that Zimmerman wasn't threatening Martin with a gun and that he was really walking back to his vehicle. If the Medical Examiner's report shows that Trayvon Martin has no scratches or bruises (which is what the Funeral Director said) I will find that very odd. Zimmerman has lost some weight and is now about 185. Martin was 150. Why didn't he fight back? Oh, I know. He's a coward who ran after a teenager because he had a 9mm gun.

As others have said, we should just wait to find out what evidence the prosecutor has, but you don't know who started the fight. Maybe we'll never know. I was just reminded of the villain, Scorpio, in the movie "Dirty Harry" who paid someone to beat him up. Of course that's really far-fetched, but desperate people do desperate things. There was a cut on his head in that police video, but he was not severely beaten IMHO. I'm sure the EMS report will provide further evidence. I'm just curious why these photos are suddenly popping up out of the blue after all this time. Why wouldn't someone come forward a lot sooner?
True, it's possible gz could have tried to illegally detain tm or threatened him with the gun. To that I say, proof please.

As of now, the evidence indicates gz's version of events is More Likely true. Maybe the autopsy will show tm had marks on his neck or ballistics will show he was shot from 10 feet away. I'm sure some people on both 'sides' will never change their opinions, but something like that will, or should, change some minds.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:59 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Originally Posted by quality guy

This guy Zimmerman appears 99% GUILTY as hell. He was told to stop Stalking Martin. He ignored that command. Obviously from witnesses and cell phone tape...Zimmerman instigated the trouble and subsequently , the kid is dead because of a person who was NOT authorized to impose himself....as only a Badge wearing officer of the Law is duly authorized TO DO.

I watched that sneaky guy in court yesterday. He strikes me as a Lying, cunning Con man, who wanted to be a 'power figure.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well by all means let's throw him under the jail based on how he appears to you, who cares about facts?
There are Tons of facts. Non-Law officer kills kid with no gun, just because he was walking home.

Zimmerman should be jailed for simply killing him.

This is not 'rocket science.' - But, of course, those who couldn't care less about peoples RIGHTS BEING VIOLATED...will side with thugs who shoot innocent kids.

Maybe you should start a thread to defend Verna McClain, who shot (7 times) and killed Kala Golden and kidnaped her 3 day old baby.

She's must be innocent...Right?

These cases are NOT complicated....unless you complicate them.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:20 AM

32 posts, read 24,031 times
Quote:
We know Zimmerman had the gun! We KNOW Zimmerman pursued Martin, not vice-versa. WE KNOW Zimmerman was out of order, same as if he came to your front door and demanded to search your home. I know Zimmerman is a 'beady-eyed thug'.

Ignorant people have let this become a mystery. It's not.

PS.....I was NOT kidding bout that blood looks 'Doctored.'
You sound like you been watching too many CSI movies. Step away from the TV and the stupid bold button. Nobody believes you any more when you use it.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:35 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy

There are Tons of facts. Non-Law officer kills kid with no gun, just because he was walking home.

Zimmerman should be jailed for simply killing him.

This is not 'rocket science.' - But, of course, those who couldn't care less about peoples RIGHTS BEING VIOLATED...will side with thugs who shoot innocent kids.

Maybe you should start a thread to defend Verna McClain, who shot (7 times) and killed Kala Golden and kidnaped her 3 day old baby.

She's must be innocent...Right?

These cases are NOT complicated....unless you complicate them.
Amazing how you know everything that happened that night. I think you should wait until the judge rules or the trial plays out before you convict Zimmerman. I can tell you one thing, Zimmerman was over charged, manslaughter would be more like it and the judge may see fit to throw it out because of the prosecution's being overzealous.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 04-21-2012 at 06:19 AM..

Old 04-21-2012, 05:55 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
MSNBC was unusually quiet about the case last night. Even Al Sharpton was silent about it. They focused on the day to day minutiae of Mitt Romney. Fox was quiet about the case, too they discussed the economy, Obama and the scandals. Only CNN put effort into detailing the case. Nancy Grace did too but I can't really stand the woman so I can't comment on her opinions. I still think they'll toss out both the prosecutors and the charges and shop the case someplace else and reduce the charges in hopes of a better chance of a conviction. This has mistrial and hung jury written all over it.
I think the civil cases after however the criminal case turns out might be more interesting. Both sides can make a case for damages. TM.s parents can sue GZ and GZ can sue a number of orgainzations, MSNBC and the new black panthers.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:14 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Quote:
Zimmerman is not half Jewish. His father is not Jewish. Zimmerman's father was a practicing Catholic and a member of the church where they lived in Virginia. Zimmerman was an alter boy. Why are people like you making this stuff up when it's not true?

I agree that his religion doesn't matter. His race doesn't matter either, not unless "cop wannabe" is some sort of race. A 17 year old was taken away from his parents and they want justice. I doubt if they'd care if Zimmerman is a Buddhist or spoke Mandarin. He killed their son.
>>> His race did matter to the media and some hate groups until it blew up in their faces. I kept wondering why the media leapt to the conclusion that George Zimmerman was jewish. I am familiar with the Zimmerman name and while it could be jewish, it most certainly is german. In PA its a faily common pennsylvania dutch name. I guess it was because he was in Florida. I'm used to the media being lazy with the facts, and now to spinning to create a more interesting story, but they're starting to get crazy ignorant and downright offensive. First he's white, then he's a cold blooded killer, then he's a racist, then he's jewish, all in the hopes of generating hatred of the man.
He's a white hispanic racist murdering jew if you listened to the media. Lucky for us, we can weed out the BS from the media and our elected leaders and find out the facts for ourselves. And we wonder why they want to clamp down on the internet.

"You can have my internet, when you pry it from my cold dead hands."

Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Considering your arrogant postings I realize that humility is a stranger to you. You ridicule CD posters while, oddly, you've spent years here and made nearly 10,000 posts, calling others "ignorant" and telling them to "S-T-F-U." Your sad rants are very telling. Why do you keep coming here when it only makes you angry?
Angry? Nope. There are many here who actually discuss without fallacious undertones in their response. Others feel the need to demand appeal to their subjective view using fallacious means. They are the ones that are ridiculed, as they should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
All of this was so unnecessary. You just had to admit you made a mistake when you stated that "All media lies." You may have meant the news media, but if you really meant all media, just give us a list of your sources.

Remember, you can't use anything printed or published.
You were picking at an irrelevant point, one akin to grammar or spell checking and served no other means other than to allow you to claim some sort of victory with a given comment. It is akin to spell/grammar checking as if it had any relevance to the point being made.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Wow.

You must have a lot of time on your hands.
Note the issue is if I draw a "conclusion" to a given issue. There are many issues such as this one to which I have a personal opinion as to what limited evidence I have seen, but I do not draw any conclusions. Those that I feel are important to me or a requirement of me (if I am voting for someone, or making an important decisions concerning something), I do that sort of research. If the issue is important enough to warrant a conclusion on your part, don't you think you owe it to rational thinking and process to make such a conclusion on the best information possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies