Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 10:45 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's possible Zimmerman had the gun concealed, and Martin punched him, so Zimmerman screamed for help. then Martin hit him repeatedly and Zimmerman screamed again. It's possible Zimmerman pulled and fired the guy after futile attempts to stop the beating he was taking.

In other words, he screamed for help, and only used the gun as a last resort.
It's also possible that Martin, having seen the gun and in mortal fear for his life, tried to disarm his attacker as they wrestled while screaming for help. Zimmerman, frustrated and perhaps exhausted, decides to end the fight with a bullet to the chest. Interestingly enough, this is the version most corroborated by Zim's own brother. Of course, if we buy the assertion that Zimmerman was out-of-breath and slipping out of consciousness just before the shooting, then we have even more reason to believe that the screaming did not come from the shooter.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:50 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Common sense is gz wouldn't let tm scream for 18 seconds before shooting. You WANT the evidence to show tm knew gz had a gun. Doesn't yet, probably never will. Of course the yelling stopped when the shot was fired. gz was safe Watson.
How can "evidence" show as to whether Martin knew gz had a gun. He either saw the gun or he didn't, and he is dead so he isn't saying.

However, if he did see that he had a gun, it would make sense that he could have been screaming for 18 seconds while he attempted to keep Zimmerman from shooting him.

As far as Zimmerman stopping yelling. Witnesses said that the yelling stopped the exact instant that the gun was fired. Now that Zimmerman has just shot somebody it would seem like a normal human being would still call for help............mostly because he had just shot somebody.

Last edited by eddie gein; 06-19-2012 at 03:18 PM..

Old 06-19-2012, 03:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or after GZ pulled the gun?
GZ is douche bag with a capital D.
Martin was an wanna be and a bit stupid. Not a crime and not a reason to be shot.
Most of us who are not Walter Mitty, Clint Eastwood wanna be's would have called the police given a discription and been done with it.
Those of us who are combat vets and can actually defend ourselves well enough to talk about it might have simply asked Martin who he was and where he was headed if we found him to be suspicious.
If Martin became agressive the confident man would have put him in his place and that would have been the end of it.
In this case.
Martin ran in too a shadow of what a man should be. A scared little rodent wanna be who had a gun.
GZ is an idiot and has done more to put a black mark on gun owners than even the Columbine shootings.
I don't know that it was murder but if GZ gets the death penalty before he can procreate further its a win for the gene pool.
Thank you, thank you. Great post and exactly the way I see the situation. I'm an avid supporter of the second amendment and belong to local organizations that further sensible gun ownership laws that enhance a citizen's 2nd-A rights rather than restrict them. I agree that Zimmerman has done more harm to the rights of law abiding citizens concerning sane and sensible gun laws than anyone else since The SCOTUS passed the Heller decision. We as gun owners will see some serious fallout from Zimmerman's actions in the near future. Especially if Obama gets elected for a second term.

But back to the subject at hand. Zimmerman is a wanna-be Rambo who should have been screened out of any type of law enforcement position which for the most part, he was. He is a vigilante desperately looking for a mission. He found one, and it was much more than he could handle. From that point on, he made every wrong move in the book. I guarantee you that anyone who has been properly trained in police technique is mocking each and every action Zimmerman took that night. I can tell you that at every turn and twist in the scenario, Zimmerman made exactly the wrong moves from a law enforcement point of view.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:06 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
That's close to the story gz reportedly gave the cops. Proposing anything that resembles what gz claimed happened means you're a Zimmerman supporter, an NRA gun-nut, a hater, and last but not least, you believe Trayvon deserved to die. You're part of the dark 'side.'
Yep...the story that neither Serino nor the State's Attorney believed. Questioning Zimmerman's honesty means you think that Trayvon was without fault, are an NRA hater, a gun hater, a "Trayvonista," anti-self defense (????) and of course, believe that Trayvon Martin had the right to walk to a convenience store and home again without being trailed by an unknown man who questioned his right to be there, and certainly did not deserve to die an avoidable and senseless death. The Force is strong in such people.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's possible Zimmerman had the gun concealed, and Martin punched him, so Zimmerman screamed for help. then Martin hit him repeatedly and Zimmerman screamed again. It's possible Zimmerman pulled and fired the guy after futile attempts to stop the beating he was taking.

In other words, he screamed for help, and only used the gun as a last resort.
ORrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GZ badazz watch captain is always on duty. In search of punks and law breakers.
"Stop punk citizens arrest.."
"What? I aint done nothin mo fo."
"Oh you said mo fo you must be a gang banger for sure."
"White bread I'll beat yo azz, if you don't get to steppin"
"I am the neighborhood watch captain damn it, respect my authorty"
a few pimp slaps later GZ is beggin for help of which none is coming because everyone in the neighborhood is just a little bit sick of GZ and his self proclaimed authority and status.
GZ does what any coward does and shoots Martin in self defence.
Shrinks will determine that GZ suffered PTSD from too many locker stuffings as a youth. called on the stand will be Mr. Jones school janitor.
"Yeah I remember GZ back then I called him locker boy because he spent more time there than any where else. Why I remember the day they made him the hall monitor. I tell you what things changed in the hall ways after that, it was like we had another principle.

I can imagine things too...

Old 06-19-2012, 03:26 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yep...the story that neither Serino nor the State's Attorney believed. Questioning Zimmerman's honesty means you think that Trayvon was without fault, are an NRA hater, a gun hater, a "Trayvonista," anti-self defense (????) and of course, believe that Trayvon Martin had the right to walk to a convenience store and home again without being trailed by an unknown man who questioned his right to be there, and certainly did not deserve to die an avoidable and senseless death. The Force is strong in such people.
Exactly! Don't forget, we think Trayvon Martin is an angel on Earth simply because we do not believe that Trayvon Martin smoking marijuana, carrying a screwdriver or jewelry gave Zimmerman the right to kill him with a bag of skittles and iced tea in his pocket while walking around "looking about". Also, because we don't post fake videos and photoshopped Faceboook messages and disgrace and attack the character of a deceased teenage boy, we are media followers who love Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. On top of that, because we see a problem with Zimmerman calling the police so many times, following Trayvon Martin with a gun on him despite being told not to and that his location and the location of the fight don't add up to "walking back to his truck" or "looking for a street name", and believe that Trayvon Martin was probably the one standing his ground and feared for his life, rather than thinking he is a thug who lurked behind a building (which Zimmerman should have been nowhere near) and attacked a man that was following him for no reason whatsoever, we are called Trayvon zombies. Oh and because we refuse to overlook Zimmerman and his wife's lies or their relevance to this case when his defense is basically based on his word, which apparently isn't worth much.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
As far as Zimmerman stopping yelling. Witnesses said that the yelling stopped the exact instant that the gun was fired. Now that Zimmerman has just shot somebody it would seem like a normal human being would still call for help............mostly because he had just shot somebody.
Exactly. According to one of the witnesses, Zimmerman's demeanor was decidedly nonchalant immediately after the shooting. "Just call my wife, tell her I shot someone." If I were busy yelling for help for 18 seconds only to be forced into a position where I had to kill someone or be killed, I would expect to still be pretty distraught after the encounter.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Nancy, he laughed after he said it. He was mocking Trayvon Martin. Trayvon's hoodie was all over the news at that time.

On top of being a killer, George Zimmerman is a disgusting human being.

I can't wait until his long prison sentence is handed down.
Gosh, I never thought of it that way.

Just an aside: It occurred to me as I was picturing Zimmerman in his red jacket that some posters on C-D were questioning why a young man would be wearing a hoodie, but the same people didn't seem to think wearing a jacket was odd. Both are perfectly normal attire for February in Central Florida, so why is a hoodie any more suspicious looking than a jacket? I distinctly remember posts on this board that questioned why Martin was wearing a hooded sweatshirt in Florida.

I must live in a different world than someone like GZ. I am leaving now to go to the market and, in my head, I just went through what I need to take with me - purse, keys, cell phone, Publix canvas bag. Gun, bullets, holster never enter into that mental picture.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The Force is definitely with you. The Force of the State of Florida and the feds and public opinion and the bulk of media. Way more than enough to send a guy like gz to prison.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
The Force is definitely with you. The Force of the State of Florida and the feds and public opinion and the bulk of media. Way more than enough to send a guy like gz to prison.
I can think of a few people right off the top of my head whose verdicts were not in the least affected by public opinion. The obvious one is, of course, Casey Anthony. Maybe she didn't murder her baby, but I still can't understand why anyone would wait 31 days to report a missing toddler. Most people panic when they can't find their pets. Claus von Bulow was acquitted after his appeal and a 2nd trial. Both of these defendants were vilified by the press and the general public. What about actor Robert Blake? Nancy Grace had him convicted of murder and executed by the time the case went to trial, but he was found not guilty. Most of the time (not always) it is the evidence that sends someone to prison. I don't know what will happen to George Zimmerman. I hope he gets a fair trial and is only judged on the evidence. However, Zimmerman has damaged his credibility by lying and being sneaky, and that's certainly nobody's fault but his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies