Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 12:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us/documents-tell-zimmermans-side-in-martin-shooting.html?pagewanted=all"]Documents Tell Zimmerman’s Side in Martin Shooting[/URL]

"Zimmerman said he was driving when he first passed by Martin, who he saw "leisurely looking" at a home that had been robbed before in the Retreat at Twin Lakes gated apartment community. "

Anyone want to see the original transcript of the 911 call? Where does he even mention that Martin was looking at a home that had been previously robbed? Please show me once where even said he was looking into houses! He said he was "suspicious" and "just looking around." PERIOD

He is trying to cover his behind and, just like the recorded calls about the money and his statements at the bond hearing, this video is full of contradictions.

Sorry, I tried to be impartial before and only said he should be held accountable for Martin's death, but he has lost his credibility by lying over and over. Again, this man looks very calm and has no serious injuries the day after he claims he was seconds away from becoming a vegetable.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Gosh, I never thought of it that way.

Just an aside: It occurred to me as I was picturing Zimmerman in his red jacket that some posters on C-D were questioning why a young man would be wearing a hoodie, but the same people didn't seem to think wearing a jacket was odd. Both are perfectly normal attire for February in Central Florida, so why is a hoodie any more suspicious looking than a jacket? I distinctly remember posts on this board that questioned why Martin was wearing a hooded sweatshirt in Florida.

I must live in a different world than someone like GZ. I am leaving now to go to the market and, in my head, I just went through what I need to take with me - purse, keys, cell phone, Publix canvas bag. Gun, bullets, holster never enter into that mental picture.
Well, if you were going to take along a concealed weapon, and you don't carry a purse to conceal it in, what would you wear to conceal it?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Well, if you were going to take along a concealed weapon, and you don't carry a purse to conceal it in, what would you wear to conceal it?
So what are you asking? The comment to which you are responding asks why a hoodie is any less "suspicious" than a jacket if it's not cold outside. Of course it was a cool night in February.

What you are now telling me is that people who carry a gun all wear jackets? Have you been in Florida this week? The heat index was 101 a few days ago. I assume people who feel the need to carry all the time use fanny packs or similar items.

I just watched more of the video. I didn't realize it is 20 minutes long. I can see some bandages on the back of Zimmerman's head, but he doesn't sound disoriented, and his story is very unbelievable, at least to me. It sounds like dialogue from a movie.

Maybe I haven't listened to the entire video, but nowhere does he talk about Trayvon Martin as a human being or show remorse or even regret. Where does he say "I wish I didn't have to shoot him." I've known people who served in the military who had no choice, because someone was pointing a gun at them. They still cried over taking the life of another person and watching him die. Here's some the same video from ABC News.

[URL="http://newsone.com/2021949/george-zimmerman-video-2/"]Breaking! Defense Team Releases Zimmerman’s Account On Video[/URL]

Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
Slam dunk case GZ walks....

Old 06-21-2012, 01:22 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Video of the full sit-down interview. So many inconsistencies I don't even know where to begin. Perhaps one of the most glaring, though, as JustNancy mentioned above, is the discrepancy between Zimmerman's reported location and movements during the 911 call just prior to the confrontation and what was recounted during the interview.

George Zimmerman Interrogation - YouTube

Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Video of the full sit-down interview. So many inconsistencies I don't even know where to begin. Perhaps one of the most glaring, though, as JustNancy mentioned above, is the discrepancy between Zimmerman's reported location and movements during the 911 call just prior to the confrontation and what was recounted during the interview.
The NYTimes disagrees with your assesment, and they have certainly not been proZimmerman.

Quote:
As Mr. Zimmerman retells his version of events recorded in the days after the shooting, the story remains essentially consistent, although some of the language varies.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us...pagewanted=all

I felt like the Zimmermans hurt themselves with dishonesty about bond, but the renactment will go a long way to getting him off. The video shows multiple injuries consistent with his story:
Quote:
As he points out the details to officers, two butterfly bandages are visible on the back of his head and his nose is specked with blood
WATCH: Video Shows George Zimmerman Reenacting Fight with Trayvon Martin | NewsFeed | TIME.com

His story is consistent with some witness statements & other facts-
1. Zimmerman said he was calling for help- can be heard on 911 tapes, Zimmerman wouldn't have known those cries for help were recorded on the other 911 calls.

2. He said during the fight, he saw a guy go into his condo, and the guy said he was going to call 911. That's consistent with the witness who said he saw Martin on top beating Zimmerman and told him to stop, and yelled to them he was calling 911. Zimmerman wouldn't have known that man gave the same story to police. In fact, Zimmerman said he didn't even know if the man ever called 911.

3. He said his body was in the grass, and his head was partially on the concrete. That is consistent with the wet grass on his back and the injuries to the top of his head.

4. He said Martin was walking slowly, stopping, not trying to get out of the rain. The 7-11 tape shows Martin completed his purchase by 6:24, so he would have had to been walking slowly, stopping because Zimmerman saw him at 7:09, and that location was about a half a mile from the 7-11. Even slow, consistent walking would have gotten Martin home before 7:09. Zimmerman's story of his behavior is backed up by the timing and distance, again something Zimmerman wouldn't have known when giving his story.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
So what are you asking? The comment to which you are responding asks why a hoodie is any less "suspicious" than a jacket if it's not cold outside. Of course it was a cool night in February.

What you are now telling me is that people who carry a gun all wear jackets? Have you been in Florida this week? The heat index was 101 a few days ago. I assume people who feel the need to carry all the time use fanny packs or similar items.

I just watched more of the video. I didn't realize it is 20 minutes long. I can see some bandages on the back of Zimmerman's head, but he doesn't sound disoriented, and his story is very unbelievable, at least to me. It sounds like dialogue from a movie.

Maybe I haven't listened to the entire video, but nowhere does he talk about Trayvon Martin as a human being or show remorse or even regret. Where does he say "I wish I didn't have to shoot him." I've known people who served in the military who had no choice, because someone was pointing a gun at them. They still cried over taking the life of another person and watching him die. Here's some the same video from ABC News.

Breaking! Defense Team Releases Zimmerman’s Account On Video
...because he's just way too stupid to even feign remorse or regret. It all goes back to square one. An intelligent reponsible, logical and intospective human being, would not have gotten out of his vehicle in the first place. GZ is just playing out who GZ really is. His true colors were evident right from the start of this sad event and just continuje to reveal themselves. Even if this excuse for a man is released, I doubt that he will ever be a self apponted watch guy again. At least he will be out of commision on that level, which will hinder his capabilities of following teenagers while packing a gun.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 06-21-2012 at 02:52 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 02:45 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,432 times
Guilty or not guilty, there are only a few main outcomes from this case.
1. Z-man is screwed. He's either going to jail for life, for a certain length of time, or being set free. The instant he is back in the real world he will have death threats constantly. Because this case MAY be racially inspired, I imagine someone will want "revenge"
2. The NRA gets tons of new memberships and more money.
3. The whole racial dispute thing gets brought up again. People still don't realize it has not been settled.
4. People are more polarized than before.

My personal opinion: Zimmerman's credibility puts him in jail for a lengthy amount of time. He's already perceived to be a liar, why would any jury believe him now? The smart thing for Zimmerman to do would have been to keep his mouth closed .

Someone before said that racial issues are almost gone in this country. They must live in a very small town with no access to outside occurrences haha. Probably the most ignorant post I've seen all day.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:59 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Did you see the photos of Zimmerman? It says that they were taken the day after the shooting. Here's another one - same day, same place, different angle. When the video in the police station didn't show serious injuries, so many here claimed it takes 24 hours for a broken nose to swell or bruises to discolor. We also read that he showed up the next day with his head wrapped in bandages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us...pagewanted=all

"A video showing an unidentified investigator watching George Zimmerman re-enact the scuffle with Trayvon Martin the day after the shooting. Mr. Zimmerman's defense team released the video through a Web site, gzlegalcase.com."

Where are his bandages? Where is the broken nose? I just watched the video you posted. There is a tiny band-aid on his nose. Definitely not a llife-threatening injury. He doesn't look very skinny to me either. Strange how he no longer has a shaved head and facial hair now.

Edit: Just want to add that this video gives me even more reason to believe he was stalking Trayvon Martin. It's a cul-de-sac! Martin was trapped! George Zimmerman followed him all the way to the end of the street. He saw him heading toward the home where he was staying, but continued to pursue him. He's lying. The video contradicts what he said on the 911 tape. He DID NOT tell the police dispatcher to tell an officer to meet him at the clubhouse. He said to have an officer call him when he arrived at the gate and he would tell him where he was located. He also WAS NOT asked by the police dispatcher if he still needed a patrol car IIRC. He said during the bond hearing that he didn't know the victim was so young. His statements keep changing. I listened to the entire 911 call when it was posted on the Sanford Police web site. He even made up things the day after the shooting and we can see/hear him on video.

How many times can his lawyer give the excuse "He was confused." Huh?
I can't watch/listen to video/audio tonight, so I'm stuck with the broken nose issue. When gz is found guilty, I'm half-expecting you to say, 'See, he didn't have a broken nose.'

Not all broken noses look like a mass of mashed tissue and bone pointing every which way. Not every broken nose even requires medical attention. From his Dr.'s report and the looks of it, he had the type of broken nose that athletes get, leave the game for a while, and come back in.

The head injuries always mattered more to me. If, for instance, the crime scene photos show no blood on concrete, that would be serious.

As for his appearance. Would you expect a white supremacist with a swastika and heil hitler tattoo on his forearm to wear a short sleeve shirt in court ? Or the adulterous woman seeking bond for murdering her hubby to wear a low cut dress ? Trying to look 'better' for the legal system is so routine, you finding it strange is strange.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:01 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
. Even if this excuse for a man is released, I doubt that he will ever be a self apponted watch guy again. At least he will be out of commision on that level, which will hinder his capabilities of following teenagers while packing a gun.
ya think ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies