Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 09:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
THEN explaining how Martin had both his hands over his (Zimmerman's) nose and mouth, while trying to put it together with how Martin also reached for his gun...(hmm, did Martin had three arms?).. as Zimmerman said, "I thought he saw my gun....uh...or I believed he saw my gun".....yada, yada.
Oh, that gun! You mean the one he never mentioned to the police dispatcher? The one that posters here remind me is the reason he was wearing a jacket, so it would be concealed? That one?

"But the extended conversations between Mr. Zimmerman and the Sanford police also show that detectives, particularly the lead investigator, Chris Serino, raised questions about parts of Mr. Zimmerman’s version of events. The police expressed puzzlement over inconsistencies or hard-to-explain moments in his statements."

"Why wasn’t Mr. Zimmerman’s head more profoundly injured from repeated slams to the pavement, Mr. Serino asked. Why did Mr. Martin have only one wound to his hand, he asked. Why did Mr. Zimmerman, who said he was too afraid to roll down his car window when Mr. Martin approached, then get out of the car to follow him, he asked."

I've been asking this for months, just not in these words. Why would anyone be afraid of someone or something and then pursue the source of his fear? I hadn't heard that he was afraid to roll down his car window at that time, but he kept saying on the 911 call that the suspect was on drugs and up to no good, but he was also chasing him, which I thought was really odd.

"At one point, Mr. Zimmerman mentions that he had received a diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder as a child and takes 20 milligrams of Adderall twice a day. He cites his disorder as one reason he could not remember one of three major streets in his community when he called the police."

"To be honest with you, I have a bad memory anyway," he told Mr. Serino.

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/22/us/documents-tell-zimmermans-side-in-martin-shooting.html?_r=1&hp"]SOURCE[/URL]

Oh please. He's only 28, for pity's sake. I'm more than twice his age, so I have CRS much of the time. In fact, I've moved quite a bit lately, and in January I needed to learn an unfamiliar area, so I used my GPS for a few weeks to go to Walmart or Publix, or to find the local libraries. My Dad was a week shy of his 93rd birthday when he passed, and he had been living in a condo community with over 10,000 residents. He got around just fine. I stayed in an over 55 community called Vista Royale for 6 months that had 4 clubhouses and pools and, although it was a little confusing at first, I figured out how to get around the complex after a few days. After all, if you drive to the supermarket or go to Target, you need to know how to get in and out of your community, where the office is, etc. I can also tell you from personal experience that people with adult ADD go out of their way to learn these things to avoid embarrassment.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here you go...
You really missed this?

Trayvon Martin case: George Zimmerman's evolving narrative | theGrio

Since GZ had his brother speak on his behalf, we can safely assume that his brother was retelling the story the way GZ told it to him.
Yes, indeed you are assuming. There's no need for me to remind you what that means.

At any rate, THAT'S NOT WHAT THE POSTER SAID.

Is that so hard to understand?

Guess so.

You all are going to feel really stupid when George gets off.

On second thought.....................................never mind....................

Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,591,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yes, indeed you are assuming. There's no need for me to remind you what that means.

Guess so.

And how will you feel? Already started planning the party?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 PM

17,703 posts, read 13,559,539 times
Quote:
It makes perfect sense to me. I lived for 20 years on a drive surrounded by other roads all of which began with the letter A. I knew the name of the drive I lived on and certainly never had a problem finding my way home, but I couldn't tell you the order of the other roads. When people asked for directions, I told them they would pass a bunch of roads beginning with the letter A, and when they got to mine, to turn right onto my drive.

I've lived at my current location for nearly a year and couldn't tell you the name of the street 1 block over. I have no reason to know or care.
Whatever. In George's case he had to turn down Twin Tree lane every time he went out of the front gate of the addition and he had to turn on to Twin Tree Lane every time he came into the front gate of the addition.

Perhaps in your case it's because you don't "know or care", but if George is as vigilant as he claims I find it strange that he doesn't' know the names of the four streets in his gated community.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
It makes perfect sense to me. I lived for 20 years on a drive surrounded by other roads all of which began with the letter A. I knew the name of the drive I lived on and certainly never had a problem finding my way home, but I couldn't tell you the order of the other roads. When people asked for directions, I told them they would pass a bunch of roads beginning with the letter A, and when they got to mine, to turn right onto my drive.

I've lived at my current location for nearly a year and couldn't tell you the name of the street 1 block over. I have no reason to know or care.
I thought you were the poster (maybe not) who explained why Zimmerman was traveling in that direction. In any case, when I once asked why someone driving to Target would be traveling in the opposite direction (and now we see he followed Trayvon Martin to the end of a cul-de-sac) the response was that he probably wanted to take a different exit. After all, he is the neighborhood watch captain, so he knows the community pretty well, right? Which is it? He had made dozens of calls to the police with complaints in the neighborhood and, according to residents, he circled it all the time when he was "on watch." Are you saying all those calls about break-ins and suspicious people driving were on the same block?

By the way, can you imagine being shot with a hollow point bullet and saying "You got me." Gosh, when I once said Zimmerman sounded Looney Tunes, I wasn't thinking of Road Runner or Bugs Bunny, but what he says really tests the boundaries of reality.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,591,512 times
Quote:

When you are involved in neighborhood watch one of the things that you are suppose to do is learn addresses for quick reporting. Presumably this involves learning all the street names, even if there is such a large number as four.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And how will you feel? Already started planning the party?
If George Zimmerman is aquitted, his supporters will say that justice was served. If George Zimmerman is convicted, his supporters will say that he was tried in the media and that the jury was biased because of media influence and political pressure. Although I think Zimmerman is a slimeball, just like all of the people here that keep trying to make Trayvon out to be a menacing thug and George Zimmerman out to be Superman, I know that this all comes down to what the jury decides. Our opinions will not decide George Zimmerman's fate.

On another note, I have been saying from the time I saw his brother retell George's account that the "you're gonna die tonight" and "you got me" lines are so unbelievable. Who say's that after they got shot? Only people in low-budget films or old westerns. I guess he got Trayvon Martin mixed up with one of the characters in Boys in the Hood or Menace to Society.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
When you are involved in neighborhood watch one of the things that you are suppose to do is learn addresses for quick reporting. Presumably this involves learning all the street names, even if there is such a large number as four.
I still don't get that. Even if he didn't remember the streets that led off the main one he could have told police that I lost sight on him on the 3rd street from the main entrance or which ever it was.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:

Guess so.

On second thought.....................................never mind....................

Yeah, GZ's brother would make up a story and ad lib while his brother was facing murder charges. Is that what you are saying? Now that would be really stupid.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:
My question wasn't directed to you, but thank you for answering that indeed, George DID NOT say anything about becoming a vegetable.

You made my point. I already knew his brother said it. That's not what the poster said, though.

When someone lies and/or spreads ridiculous rumors whilst getting quotes completely wrong or out of context, the result is: CREDIBILITY..........ZERO!!!!!

99% of the nonsense in these Sweet Little Trayvon threads is lies and innuendo spawned by erratic imaginations.
"erratic imaginations"? Is that like your friend's "fertile imaginations?.....and torches and pitchforks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.