Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 10:48 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,325 times

Advertisements

This dude is as cool as a cucumber in these re-enactments. His behavior is that of a police officer explaining killing a suspect after a crime. Doesn't this guy get that you can't do what he did?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
LOL, oh it gets even better. At about 34 minutes into the interrogation the following evening Zimmerman actually indicates a continued dialogue between himself and Martin even after Martin was shot point blank in the heart. After the "You got me" Martin apparently began shouting and writhing in pain, cursing Zimmerman as he was being pinned down by him with his arms spread apart! Here's the vid again. Scroll to time 6:52PM.

[URL="http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-06-22/story/experts-see-inconsistencies-zimmermans-account-his-encounter-martin"]Experts see inconsistencies in Zimmerman's account of his encounter with Martin[/URL]

Also, I noticed this too:

"The George Zimmerman interrogation tapes released by police reveal several inconsistencies in Zimmerman’s story, including his insistence that 911 operators were asking him to follow Trayvon Martin when, in fact, they were not."

[URL="http://ricksancheztv.com/2012/06/21/news/george-zimmerman-travon-martin-interrogation/"]George Zimmerman Interrogration Tapes[/URL]

Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times
I just skipped around but from 7:00pm on, it is just painful to watch when he is talking about how the actual shooting happened. The police officer asks about if he shot from the hip because Martin was on top of him. And Zimmerman says no that he extend his arm and goes through the whole motion of how much. Then the police officer says to him that he couldn't have extended your arm very much if Martin was on top of Zimmerman, and it's like Zimmerman has to be reminded or something.

But it's definitely uncomfortable to watch. I can see why people give false confessions frankly.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
I said this earlier in the case and I still believe it. GZ's best defense is to claim low I.Q. mental incompetence. That will be the only thing that is definitely not a lie surrounding GZ. Can anyone call this guy bright or cunning? I think not!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I said this earlier in the case and I still believe it. GZ's best defense is to claim low I.Q. mental incompetence. That will be the only thing that is definitely not a lie surrounding GZ. Can anyone call this guy bright or cunning? I think not!
Agreed. Perhaps this is all apart of his great defense. He certainly seems unhinged. His wide-eyed stares don't help.

I suspect that gun ownership would see a sharp decline if one needed to pass an IQ test to get one.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
During the "interrogation" video he keeps saying that Trayvon Martin was slamming his head on the sidewalk. That's also what his brother said he was told. Can anyone explain to me how Trayvon managed to do this and also cover George's mouth while pinning him down? George's head was shaved, wasn't it? So what was Trayvon holding while he was "slamming" his head? Obviously he had to use both hands. Honestly, I am trying to picture this. For someone to slam a head on the ground, he would need to use both hands, that is, unless that person had a lot of hair to grab. Am I missing something? So Trayvon the magician was slamming his head, covering his mouth and nose, punching him, and going for his gun at the same time.

You're right. Low IQ and mental incompetence might be his best defense.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:30 AM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Experts see inconsistencies in Zimmerman's account of his encounter with Martin

Also, I noticed this too:

"The George Zimmerman interrogation tapes released by police reveal several inconsistencies in Zimmerman’s story, including his insistence that 911 operators were asking him to follow Trayvon Martin when, in fact, they were not."

George Zimmerman Interrogration Tapes
Interesting. Zimmerman appears to carefully outline a scenario wherein the 911 operator's constant "demands" as to Zimmerman's location somehow amounted to an imperative on his part to exit his vehicle in search of a "street sign" which just happened to be in the direction Martin was running.

You will notice that Zimmerman is very careful not to admit that he actually intended to follow Martin upon exiting his vehicle, but that he had no choice but to exit his vehicle and track Martin's "general path" across the cut-through in order to get his bearings at the "known" street address. For a guy who claimed to have been unfamiliar with the street he was on just prior to exiting his truck, he sure had a remarkable awareness of the proper shortcuts to take between streets.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:56 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
During the "interrogation" video he keeps saying that Trayvon Martin was slamming his head on the sidewalk. That's also what his brother said he was told. Can anyone explain to me how Trayvon managed to do this and also cover George's mouth while pinning him down?
Can you explain the wounds on the back of George's head?

Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 AM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The NYTimes disagrees with your assesment, and they have certainly not been proZimmerman.
Of course his overall narrative, the basis for his defense claim, has remained the same throughout (He gets out of the truck to get an address, Martin confronts him and starts assaulting him on the way back to the truck). The inconsistencies arise when we consider the details of the narrative:

Quote:
But the extended conversations between Mr. Zimmerman and the Sanford police also show that detectives, particularly the lead investigator, Chris Serino, raised questions about parts of Mr. Zimmerman’s version of events. The police expressed puzzlement over inconsistencies or hard-to-explain moments in his statements.
Quote:
I felt like the Zimmermans hurt themselves with dishonesty about bond, but the renactment will go a long way to getting him off. The video shows multiple injuries consistent with his story:
I'm not sure what role, if any, the re-enactment will play in the state's case. For every question it seems to answer, though, at least one more is raised. Obviously his credibility problem doesn't help matters, an issue whose importance I don't think can be overstated at this point.

Quote:
His story is consistent with some witness statements & other facts-
1. Zimmerman said he was calling for help- can be heard on 911 tapes, Zimmerman wouldn't have known those cries for help were recorded on the other 911 calls.

2. He said during the fight, he saw a guy go into his condo, and the guy said he was going to call 911. That's consistent with the witness who said he saw Martin on top beating Zimmerman and told him to stop, and yelled to them he was calling 911. Zimmerman wouldn't have known that man gave the same story to police. In fact, Zimmerman said he didn't even know if the man ever called 911.

3. He said his body was in the grass, and his head was partially on the concrete. That is consistent with the wet grass on his back and the injuries to the top of his head.

4. He said Martin was walking slowly, stopping, not trying to get out of the rain. The 7-11 tape shows Martin completed his purchase by 6:24, so he would have had to been walking slowly, stopping because Zimmerman saw him at 7:09, and that location was about a half a mile from the 7-11. Even slow, consistent walking would have gotten Martin home before 7:09. Zimmerman's story of his behavior is backed up by the timing and distance, again something Zimmerman wouldn't have known when giving his story.
1. Actually, that's all the more reason for Zimmerman to claim that he was the one doing the screaming. With no one around and Martin dead, he has the perfect cover. Unaware that the screams were recorded, Zimmerman has little reason to believe that his claim will be subject to challenge.

2. That witness (witness 6) has since modified his account to suggest that Martin may not have been landing "MMA-style" blows on Zimmerman as he originally perceived, but rather trying to keep Zimmerman at bay (likely to prevent him from getting a hold of his gun). Also, the witness only caught an instance of the struggle before going inside. Nowhere has it been indicated that he saw it to its conclusion.

3. There is a major question as to whether the head injuries are consistent with the severe type of head bashing Zimmerman had supposedly undergone. Moreover, Zimmerman's re-enactment indicated that he was confronted and assaulted by Martin at approximately the "T" intersection of the cut-through sidewalk and the main sidewalk leading through the rows of town homes, at which time he fell and was set upon by Martin. He claims to have attempted to push Martin away at the beginning, possibly as a (weak) attempt to explain why Martin's body was found so far away from the initial point of confrontation. These are just a couple of the myriad problems raised by the account of the confrontation given by Zimmerman.

4. Martin was reported to have been on the phone while on his way home with his hoodie up in light drizzle. "Walking around, looking about" indicates to me that he was preoccupied with the conversation he was having and not in a big rush to get home. While both parties may have been mutually suspicious of each other, Martin actually felt endangered enough to try to get away.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:20 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
GZ showed some cunning and smarts, just not enough.

He was smart enough not to mention the suspicious guy was black until asked, and even then was uncertain. Cunning enough to say on the 911 call that he didn't know the address, giving himself the excuse to follow the unarmed child. Smart enough to inflict injuries upon himself, knowing it would bolster his self defense claim [though not smart enough to inflict life-threatening injuries upon himself or go to the hospital]. It didn't take much smarts or cunning for him to claim he was the one yelling for help, but I still give him some credit for that. Picking a place where he knew there weren't witnesses to the murder took smarts/cunning. Smart enough to avoid arrest, but too dumb to shut up and get a lawyer or flee the country.

A bunch of cunning and smart moves. He simply over-estimated himself and how far LE would go to coverup his crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.