Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

[quote=Evenstar51;24915270]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

And Zimmerman going free would be desirable because...???
It wouldn't have been desirable or undesirable to me.

I'm pointing out that the investigation was underway before and during the Martin/Fulton/Crump complaints. Had gz shut up and got a lawyer, the reenactment and his conflicting statements, Part Of The Ongoing Investigation, might never have happened.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Salivating idiots gunning for a confrontation don't call the cops ahead of time.

DUH!
Salivating idiots do continue to pursue after they notify bonafide law enforcement. That is what made what GZ did so idiotic...DUH!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Salivating idiots do continue to pursue after they notify bonafide law enforcement. That is what made what GZ did so idiotic...DUH!
That certainly seems logical to me.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Interesting.

Quote:
"His actions are inconsistent with those of a person who has stated he was in fear of another subject," an investigator wrote in an early report on the Feb. 26 shooting. "Investigative findings show that George Michael Zimmerman had at least two opportunities to speak with Trayvon Benjamin Martin in order to defuse the circumstances," and Zimmerman twice "failed to identify himself as a concerned resident or a neighborhood watch member."
George Zimmerman Evidence Shows Extent To Which Police Doubted Self-Defense Claim

Old 06-26-2012, 06:22 PM

Are those quotes the talking points for the day

Old 06-26-2012, 06:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Are those quotes the talking points for the day
Thought you didn't have a position pro or against Zimmerman at this point?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
[quote=jazzarama;24916160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It wouldn't have been desirable or undesirable to me.

I'm pointing out that the investigation was underway before and during the Martin/Fulton/Crump complaints. Had gz shut up and got a lawyer, the reenactment and his conflicting statements, Part Of The Ongoing Investigation, might never have happened.
Given that Zimmerman has perjured himself and ended his own freedom, plus told so many inconsistent and
obviously untrue stories that his credibility is worth nothing, even expressing how Zimmerman might have walked away had he "lawyered-up" immediately begs the question that such an action would have been optimal. How would that ensure that justice be served? I'd try keeping a tally of those lies which some posters
have chosen to overlook, but it's become increasingly clear that Trayvon Martin's death means little. He won't play varsity football, won't graduate high school, won't attend college or pursue aerodynamics, won't marry or have children of his own. That tragedy is so easily dismissed in the zeal to free a liar, a bigot and a failure. Just wondering when or if some folks have a limit to how much they'll swallow.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
In reverse order---

3. There was blood on gz's jacket and shirt. Both were sent to the crime lab for analysis of the blood stains.

2. True. I guess with all the punching and banging, many would expect more bruises or marks on tm. Will work against the defense.

1. I'm with you, haven't heard of blood on the concrete. Maybe it was there and we just haven't heard ? If it turns out there wasn't blood on the sidewalk and gz has to change that crucial part of the story, serious problem for defense.

imo.
Maybe this is why the police chief was fired, not politics? It's possible that, had enough evidence been collected that evening, we'd know one way or the other if there was blood on the sidewalk. Keep in mind that it was raining, so the police had to secure the scene and cover the area immediately, but that can be done easily with a tarp.

So I'm not sure if this will work for or against the defense - or not matter at all. My question would be why the body was found several feet from the sidewalk. If Zimmerman pushed Martin off, as he claims, his body couldn't have been very far from where they were fighting.

We've been discussing this for months, so I my memory might be cloudy, but I'm sure Martin was found with his hands underneath his body, no? Zimmerman said in the interview that he straddled the victim and spread out his arms to make sure he wasn't armed, or something to that effect. Why would he then lift Martin's body and put his arms/hands back under it? It sounds as if he was making up a story to impress the police. Just my opinion.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Maybe this is why the police chief was fired, not politics? It's possible that, had enough evidence been collected that evening, we'd know one way or the other if there was blood on the sidewalk. Keep in mind that it was raining, so the police had to secure the scene and cover the area immediately, but that can be done easily with a tarp.

So I'm not sure if this will work for or against the defense - or not matter at all. My question would be why the body was found several feet from the sidewalk. If Zimmerman pushed Martin off, as he claims, his body couldn't have been very far from where they were fighting.

We've been discussing this for months, so I my memory might be cloudy, but I'm sure Martin was found with his hands underneath his body, no? Zimmerman said in the interview that he straddled the victim and spread out his arms to make sure he wasn't armed, or something to that effect. Why would he then lift Martin's body and put his arms/hands back under it? It sounds as if he was making up a story to impress the police. Just my opinion.
What's so reprehensible about this is that the CoP and Zimmerman's father are the ones who used the race card first, trying to excuse their ineptitude, whether deliberate or not. As things have progressed, I'm leaning
deliberate.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
What's so reprehensible about this is that the CoP and Zimmerman's father are the ones who used the race card first, trying to excuse their ineptitude, whether deliberate or not. As things have progressed, I'm leaning
deliberate.
Those racist, inept cops are the ones who wanted to arrest gz. The ones who doubted his story early on. But you gotta stay on message, wrong as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies