Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Maybe this is why the police chief was fired, not politics? It's possible that, had enough evidence been collected that evening, we'd know one way or the other if there was blood on the sidewalk. Keep in mind that it was raining, so the police had to secure the scene and cover the area immediately, but that can be done easily with a tarp.

So I'm not sure if this will work for or against the defense - or not matter at all. My question would be why the body was found several feet from the sidewalk. If Zimmerman pushed Martin off, as he claims, his body couldn't have been very far from where they were fighting.

We've been discussing this for months, so I my memory might be cloudy, but I'm sure Martin was found with his hands underneath his body, no? Zimmerman said in the interview that he straddled the victim and spread out his arms to make sure he wasn't armed, or something to that effect. Why would he then lift Martin's body and put his arms/hands back under it? It sounds as if he was making up a story to impress the police. Just my opinion.
If SPD didn't protect blood stains, they botched it. I just don't know. I recall from the discovery that the Skittles bag had blood on it and was sent to the lab.

I agree w/you. His different versions of events and locations don't match.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:01 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Those racist, inept cops are the ones who wanted to arrest gz. The ones who doubted his story early on. But you gotta stay on message, wrong as it is.
Serino was the whole force? LOL...those posters who were suspicious of Zimmerman initially were certainly
"on message," and it seems they were correct in not seeing Zimmerman as a hero.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Salivating idiots gunning for a confrontation don't call the cops ahead of time.

DUH!
Yes, they do.

That's what makes them idiots.

(I can do without the DUH!)

Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 PM

[quote=Evenstar51;24917117]
Quote:

Given that Zimmerman has perjured himself and ended his own freedom, plus told so many inconsistent and
obviously untrue stories that his credibility is worth nothing, even expressing how Zimmerman might have walked away had he "lawyered-up" immediately begs the question that such an action would have been optimal. How would that ensure that justice be served? I'd try keeping a tally of those lies which some posters
have chosen to overlook, but it's become increasingly clear that Trayvon Martin's death means little. He won't play varsity football, won't graduate high school, won't attend college or pursue aerodynamics, won't marry or have children of his own. That tragedy is so easily dismissed in the zeal to free a liar, a bigot and a failure. Just wondering when or if some folks have a limit to how much they'll swallow.
Your reason for following and commenting on this case might be Justice for Trayvon [as though anything you write will bring that about]. I have other reasons, including the legal aspects, media reaction, social pressure, etc. One legal aspect that interests me is when and why suspects do or don't lawyer-up. This case happens to be an excellent example of why suspects should lawyer up.

Had gz been arrested, there's an excellent chance you'd never have heard of him, so his death would have meant less than little to you. My emotional investment in gz is zero. If he's found guilty, ok. If found not guilty [which won't happen], equally ok.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Serino was the whole force? LOL...those posters who were suspicious of Zimmerman initially were certainly
"on message," and it seems they were correct in not seeing Zimmerman as a hero.
Serino's name was on the arrest affidavit. Ya think he's the only cop who didn't believe him ? That he could have sent the capias request without the department's approval ? Did it sound to you like Singleton believed him ? Oh wait, you probably didn't listen to her interrogation.

gz was never a hero in my book.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Serino's name was on the arrest affidavit. Ya think he's the only cop who didn't believe him ? That he could have sent the capias request without the department's approval ? Did it sound to you like Singleton believed him ? Oh wait, you probably didn't listen to her interrogation.

gz was never a hero in my book.
I listened to them in the order that they were presented. Singleton didn't, IMO, necessarily believe George but it was Serino who was more aggressive and dubious, judging from the tapes. I pay attention and read the links; to try to deflect the attention from Zimmerman's guilt or innocence by attempting to take a jab at me is a losing strategy. George Zimmerman's first and biggest mistake was getting out of his vehicle...he'd sabotaged himself long before the chance came to seek counsel. Zimmerman certainly didn't allow Trayvon Martin to live long enough to seek counsel for defending himself against a stranger following him in the dark.

Last edited by Evenstar51; 06-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-26-2012, 08:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, they do.

That's what makes them idiots.

(I can do without the DUH!)
I agree with you. Ever see the "Darwin Awards?"

Although I still don't think it was an execution, I do believe Zimmerman had a pattern of calling 911 (non-emergency) and reporting suspects, hoping to get some recognition from either his neighbors or the police. Had Trayvon Martin (one of "these a-holes") gotten away, nobody would have known he caught him. I'm not making excuses for him, but I really think George has hero syndrome. He seems to be obsessed with righting every wrong. Someone earlier said that's just being a good citizen, but he even stood up at City Hall and complained about one of the local police officers after he rode along with him because he thought he was lazy. There's a difference between getting involved and trying to take control of every situation.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with you. Ever see the "Darwin Awards?"

Although I still don't think it was an execution, I do believe Zimmerman had a pattern of calling 911 (non-emergency) and reporting suspects, hoping to get some recognition from either his neighbors or the police. Had Trayvon Martin (one of "these a-holes") gotten away, nobody would have known he caught him. I'm not making excuses for him, but I really think George has hero syndrome. He seems to be obsessed with righting every wrong. Someone earlier said that's just being a good citizen, but he even stood up at City Hall and complained about one of the local police officers after he rode along with him because he thought he was lazy. There's a difference between getting involved and trying to take control of every situation.
That is because he felt responsible to those that entrusted him to make those calls as he felt necessary.
Now some of you may not lve in neighborhoods where young thugs are allowed to run free without any kind of parental supervision and break into your home to get your prized jewelry or valuables in order to buy drugs and get your freeloader kicks.

I for one would be very happy to have concerned neighbors that might look out for young roaming thugs that are breaking into neighborhood homes.

Some of you here that indite z would be the first to weep and throw yourself on the ground if one of these young punks broke in and stole your cracker jack rings. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Salivating idiots gunning for a confrontation don't call the cops ahead of time.

DUH!
Yes, they do. It's what you are taught to do in Concealed Handgun License Training. Here's one guy who set up his defense for murdering his neighbor by calling the police before the killing:

"Rodriguez then calls the police and talks to the dispatcher, saying that 'they're going to kill me,' even though the video shows the group of party goers backing away from the man. The prosecuting attorney argued that such language was a clear effort to use 'CHL buzzwords' on the taped police call, echoing words that he presumably learned during a concealed handgun licensing class.

Read more: Man kills neighbor after complaining about the noise from the neighbor's wife's party but says 'it was self defense' | Mail Online

Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Good find, helenejen! Read some of the comments, since this is an online version of the Daily Mail in the UK.

"Once again I ask ... How's that "Guns don't kill people" thing working out for you America???"

"Hey USA - its not the 18th century anymore. The citizens of the rest of the free world don't need personal weapons to protect their freedom, and neither do you. Grow up, admit your stupid gun laws don't work, and do something about it."

"Is it legally allowable for morons to carry guns over there?"

"I still can't believe people are allowed to walk round with guns in the first place it's madness. He shot three people!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies