Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,940,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
1. Kobilinsky--- I re-read his quote and it's what I thought. If he or other experts said something like, 'The thc levels were so low that tm could not have smoked any weed that night,' I'd agree with you. But he doesn't say that. I'm NOT saying tm was high or became violent because of smoking. I only believe that the defense will propose that tm ran because he was smoking when gz was watching him, which IMO will benefit the defense and make some people unhappy because it in a way 'puts tm on trial.'

2. Ultimately avoidable--- that phrase in the report means nothing to me because many deaths in a confrontation fit the description. GZ should have stayed in his car. He could have id'd himself or yelled out of his car, The cops are coming. IMO, none of those He Could, Should Haves mean what he did fit the elements of murder 2. I understand tm would be alive if gz did any number of things differently and some want him convicted of a crime because of that. I'm not one of those people.

3. The Shady 7-11 guys--- since I don't know if that video is legit, I'm going to shut up about it.

I am glad that you actually care about facts and do not continue to post unverified information. A lot of us have been misinformed about certain things or didn't have all of the facts about some things(myself included) in this discussion, and it is extremely annoying when people are corrected but continue to post the same misinformation over and over again. At that point it becomes lying/pushing an agenda. We can disagree and we are entitled to our opinions, but when people continue to post lies and link to You Tube videos, unverified social media messages and pictures that aren't even of the victim in an attempt to villify him, it is disgusting.

We know that Trayvon Martin has smoked marijuana at some point during his life. We also know that George Zimmerman was on prescription drugs and his preception could have been off. Other than someone getting killed and a fight taking place, we still don't know exactly what happened that night, nor do we know what the outcome of the case will be. The courts will decide. For the people that continue to knowingly post misinformation, trying to paint a picture of Trayvon Martin a violent thug- your lies are not going to sway the jury. If he was such a thug, you wouldn't have to try so hard and post fake videos, photoshopped pictures and unverified social media accounts; none of which gave George Zimmerman the right to kill him, and none of which confirms that he acted in self defense.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 AM

812 posts, read 593,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
nancy, it's enough to give the buddha a splitting headache!
Better than an m80 in a mail box

Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,472,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I just don't see how gz wins by making that kind of attack on TM. The State could call all kinds of experts to testify about the effects of smoking pot, and they would. Before the trial both sides have to give each other lists of who they intend to call as witnesses, and then each side could certainly take depositions of those witnesses in order to know what they'll say. If O'Mara were going to make a big deal about the thc in Martin's body, any such witness would have to be listed on his witness list. I most definitely could be wrong about O'Mara trying to use the thc/drug stuff in the self-defense case, yet IMO, I don't think it would be very effective. Just seems that gz's best chance is to stay with his fears and stay away from demonizing TM in any way. Certainly the police report will come out saying that the incident was "ultimately avoidable"....then O'Mara can cross examine on that.
I'll try again to be clearer. I'm not talking about the Effects of thc or demonizing tm for smoking.

IMO, part of the case will be about gz's 911 call and seeing a suspicious guy, like he was on drugs or something vs the profiling. IMO, the thc, lighter, and Possibly the 7-11 visit will fit with the defense approach to that issue.

Also possibly to why tm ran. Was he afraid of the stranger watching and following him or was he running to hide something. Was he po'd that some idiot disrupted smoke time.

IMO, O'Mara can't allow the only image of tm be the non-violent kid who prays, babysits, washes cars for friends, a 'momma's boy.' It won't be easy to get another portrait of tm without 'smearing the victim,' but he'll walk the tightrope.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,621,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Derail, diversion, obfuscate, obstructionist, then attack, ridicule, demean. It's been a proven thread killer for trolls everywhere. When this happens, it usually indicates that people are getting waaaaay too close to civil discussion and real facts. It's always been easier to demean people and try to divert the discussion away from focusing on sensitive issues that the troll does not want to believe.

Absolutely tons of this method being used this year especially, on just about every forum.

Can you name the founder of this method?
This has been the right wing, conservative method of political dialogue for 4 years now.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,394,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This has been the right wing, conservative method of political dialogue for 4 years now.
Possibly more and more. The Left has used that method for years as well. Ideological scoundrels know no party boundaries.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:35 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,622,303 times
Quote:
I'll try again to be clearer. I'm not talking about the Effects of thc or demonizing tm for smoking.

IMO, part of the case will be about gz's 911 call and seeing a suspicious guy, like he was on drugs or something vs the profiling. IMO, the thc, lighter, and Possibly the 7-11 visit will fit with the defense approach to that issue.

Also possibly to why tm ran. Was he afraid of the stranger watching and following him or was he running to hide something. Was he po'd that some idiot disrupted smoke time.

IMO, O'Mara can't allow the only image of tm be the non-violent kid who prays, babysits, washes cars for friends, a 'momma's boy.' It won't be easy to get another portrait of tm without 'smearing the victim,' but he'll walk the tightrope.
I believe you've nailed it. He was about to get caught with illegal substance and ran, then changed his mind and attacked.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:39 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,622,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Derail, diversion, obfuscate, obstructionist, then attack, ridicule, demean. It's been a proven thread killer for trolls everywhere. When this happens, it usually indicates that people are getting waaaaay too close to civil discussion and real facts. It's always been easier to demean people and try to divert the discussion away from focusing on sensitive issues that the troll does not want to believe.

Absolutely tons of this method being used this year especially, on just about every forum.

Can you name the founder of this method?
Good ol' Saul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Fail. Saul is the darling of the left.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:55 AM

18,324 posts, read 18,932,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I believe you've nailed it. He was about to get caught with illegal substance and ran, then changed his mind and attacked.
yes...that's the ticket....tray was so worried about being "busted for pot" by the man following him, he ran away to stash his stuff. then after running AWAY he suddenly gets unafraid and go back and beat this guy up who only moments earlier made him want to run away.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 AM

3,090 posts, read 3,955,293 times
But considering ALL the events per Zimmerman, Martin circled Z's car and caused him to be afraid. Why would he do that if he was afraid of getting caught smoking or was being interrupted. I will be surprised if the defense has Zimmerman testify, so I am not sure how his statements will come into evidence without being hearsay.

We'll just have to disagree that the thc is going to be an issue. I think it will be a double-edged sword for the defense to attempt to make Martin the villian because of that, there's no evidence Martin was violent because of it--quite the contrary. If the fight club videos are true, they'd get more mileage out of that than the thc, but I'm not sure those will come in either. I don't think anyone will disagree that Martin knew how to kick someone's rear end, so I don't think the defense will need to attempt to smear the victim because the facts speak for themself. But the police hold Zimmerman responsible because, but for his actions, the shooting was avoidable, and the Judge will decide before trial what can come in and what can't.

If the 911 call gets in, it will go to Z's state of mind. I just don't see it the way you do.

Quote:

Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,606,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Comprehension problems?

Go back and read. I'm the one using the word. Someone else was crabbing about me using the word.

My God!
I was just trying to assist you in the expansion of your vocabulary!
You were sounding like a broken record, and you won't win friends and influence people sounding like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies