Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 09:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The odds of conviction are so low that the flight risk is negligible.
As much as you would like to think otherwise, there is no way for any of us to know how this is going to play out - and that includes Zimmerman.

You can't say that just because YOU think/hope that the odds of conviction are low that that makes it a fact. And that Zimmerman won't run because YOU say the odds of conviction are low.

Zimmerman could very well be a flight risk.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
As much as you would like to think otherwise, there is no way for any of us to know how this is going to play out - and that includes Zimmerman.

You can't say that just because YOU think/hope that the odds of conviction are low that that makes it a fact. And that Zimmerman won't run because YOU say the odds of conviction are low.

Zimmerman could very well be a flight risk.
He ain't real bright. It is a possibility.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
He ain't real bright.
LOL

Old 06-30-2012, 09:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What does everyone think about this bail hearing? I think the judge will deny bail for poor old George.
I don't think he will get bail and if he doesn't I am sure that he will be sorry that he didn't want the speedy trial.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:55 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Well, I don't personally agree with you. But what will determine whether he is flight risk or not is if he would agree with you. He's outta here.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:58 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You know, I think perjury is a 3rd felony, and Z's wife has been charged with perjury. I'm wondering if she is allowed contact with him now? I know convicted felons cannot have contact with people in jail or prison; they certainly cannot visit them. At the least, I'm guessing that any visits or phone calls or letters between Z and his wife are very, very closely monitored, so now they have that to deal with.
Here is the deal w/ phone calls, letters anything except attorney communication, which is privileged...is monitored. There have been many cases broken because folks talk. Everything is recorded. Not sure..but where I live you cannot even go visit on a prison campus if you have a felony...much less in the Zimmerman's cases, co-defendants w/ these new charges.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
There are many of us, basically sanity is measurable. I would not want to be otherwise. It was always a mystery to me to see how two people could look at the exact same set of information and come to opposing conclusions. The n I came to understand that when this happens over and over it indicated an absence of discernment as if one could not process the information properly. I came to the conclusion that liberalism lacked a sense of individual. Thus throngs followed the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Sharpton,Jackson,Obama. I realized that liberalism was a mental disorder. I do not know fully if it is the need to follow, an absence of ethics and morality either in the absence of learning or the inherent state of being.

I understand it is not subject to change so I simply choose to resist it.
You dishearten me. You cannot hide your prejudice behind nomenclature. I wonder if you would feel the same way if your son was the one shot by someone like Zimmerman?? Can you not put yourself in the place of a Mother or Father of a 17 year old and feel empathy and sadness that this young man was killed. I disagree w/ you on many levels. I believe being able to see what has been the outcome....beyond what Zimmerman did...but what it means in a societal level shows a level of discernment that you are denying exists for those of us that disagree w/ yourself and a few others. It is so sad to think that there is such blatant disregard for human life that someone will side w/ the perpetrator....not knowing what the last things were said to Trayvon, what He felt when he was being stalked on his way home by an unidentified man, first in a car....then the man was on foot coming through the buildings. Can't you imagine how your child, my child, any child might be in fear...might act in their own defence...Might attempt to stand their ground. I strongly believe that is what Trayvon was doing...He was not the aggressor, he was the victim. Look at the whole picture....the whole scenario of evidence that is known. All the mistakes and deadly choices perpetrated by the actions of Zimmerman. Ask yourself if you would feel this same way if color didn't matter to you, if only humanity mattered to you.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
He must regret that he didn't leave the country when he had the chance. If he's granted bond, restrictions will be so harsh it's too late now. Trying to flee would seal his fate, though if he sees how the wind's blowing, it might be worth the risk. Remember, he might still have to face federal hate crime charges. Who knows, conspiracy to commit perjury [if there is such a crime] will be a possibility. He won't walk.

I'd put the odds of a not guilty verdict at 0.1%

Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You dishearten me. You cannot hide your prejudice behind nomenclature. I wonder if you would feel the same way if your son was the one shot by someone like Zimmerman?? Can you not put yourself in the place of a Mother or Father of a 17 year old and feel empathy and sadness that this young man was killed. I disagree w/ you on many levels. I believe being able to see what has been the outcome....beyond what Zimmerman did...but what it means in a societal level shows a level of discernment that you are denying exists for those of us that disagree w/ yourself and a few others. It is so sad to think that there is such blatant disregard for human life that someone will side w/ the perpetrator....not knowing what the last things were said to Trayvon, what He felt when he was being stalked on his way home by an unidentified man, first in a car....then the man was on foot coming through the buildings. Can't you imagine how your child, my child, any child might be in fear...might act in their own defence...Might attempt to stand their ground. I strongly believe that is what Trayvon was doing...He was not the aggressor, he was the victim. Look at the whole picture....the whole scenario of evidence that is known. All the mistakes and deadly choices perpetrated by the actions of Zimmerman. Ask yourself if you would feel this same way if color didn't matter to you, if only humanity mattered to you.
For the life of me I do not understand how these people don't get the simple fact that Trayvon Martin wasn't bothering anybody until somebody started bothering him in a threatening manner. And even at that, we only have Zimmerman's version of events.

The fact of the matter is that if George Zimmerman had messed with a REAL "thug". George would be the one who is dead right now.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:11 AM

812 posts, read 595,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't feel bad for the kid dieting and of course if it were my son I would feel horrible and would question why in the world Zimmerman would have made the situation possible. Why couldn't he just stay in his car of course that is what he should have done.

The fact is he had the right to follow him and Trayvon had the right not to attack him. That is where reality takes over from fantasy, imagination and wishful thinking. When Trayvon made the choice to close ground and invade z body space everything else became secondary. Innocence became guilt. Right became wrong. A zealous ******* became a case of self defense. I have posted many times here that if Z so much as placed a fatherly hand on Trayvons shoulder then he deserves to rot in jail. That is the point where I defend my own son and the point where z loses all favor and empathy with me. If that truly happened and I don't believe it did I would hope that the reverse outcome would have happened.

This is the difference between myself and most of those opposed to my position. Before me it is very clear, no racism, no subjectivity, no cheering for one side or the other.

I think it is likely Z told the story honestly and the physical evidence seems to corroborate his filmed testimony.

What many of you hate about me is my genuinely held position that this case is on a secondary level more about political racism than guilt or innocence of Z. Z will walk for all these reasons and in the name of self defense he should walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies