Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
What kind of teen confronts an adult?
Is this what you teach your kids?
Again, We only have George's word that Trayvon confronted him. Why then would George pursue Trayvon if he was afraid as he says?? George was armed, he wasn't worried about a lone teen. If he was he would have at the very least remained in his vehicle....Instead he pursued Trayvon, ignoring the 911 dispatcher....in an area he didn't even know. George's lies will catch up with him in court.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I taught my children that if someone is trying to break into the home, empty the magazine into their chest.
Right, but George wasn't in his home....he was in an area he admitted wasn't familiar to him, in a foot pursuit of a teen that he had been openly and admittedly following for blocks in his vehicle. George took this to another level.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
If you ever visited Miami you would know that Bal Harbour is not part of the city of Miami but a rich, snow white suburb. You apparently don't know so let me tell you that there are nice, clean safe and white areas in Miami. Like I said in my previous post, a handful of those. Read it again. Most of Miami however, is a disgusting third world ghetto which tourists staying in South Beach never get to see.

Do you think it would surprise anyone, anywhere in America to find out that their spotless suburb is only miles away from disgusting ghetto???

Now, c'mon, lets start again pretending that we don't know what is going on around us and discuss St. Trayvon and his purpose around white neighborhood.
Overtown IS a part of the City of Miami. There's also that shelter for the homeless on 2nd (and about 14th), running two blocks behind and parallel to Biscayne Blvd. Then not that far away from that location you have the upscale neighborhood on Biscayne Bay where one of the BeeGees lived. People who live in downtown Miami are not unaware of the poverty within the city. At the same time, there are really beautiful areas within downtown Miami, along with the poverty and high crime areas.

Trayvon's purpose around a "white neighborhood" was living with his father temporarily. I'm guessing that you've never been to the neighborhoods in Miami about which you are complaining. Let's talk about who is "pretending" here.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:10 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
That as representative of Miami as Ironbound is of Newark New Jersey. LOL
Why you guys pretend you dont know what is going on?

Let me help you: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

"With a crime rate of 66 per one thousand residents, Miami has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15. Within Florida, more than 92% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Miami.In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Miami to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A."

There is more, have a nice reading.
Again, is this how black people imagine beautiful cities?
I can't speak for "black people." I can speak for myself. I have seen a LOT of Miami and I was never a victim of crime. Yes, I have been through Overtown numerous times. Jackson Memorial Hospital and the State Attorney's Office are right there one block from Overtown. What about you? How well do you personally know Miami? Are you just busy spouting crime stats in order to justify a negative perspective of Trayon Martin but don't really know the city? Is that your basis for your negative attitude regarding Trayvon? He was from "Miami" and a black kid, so he had to be bad? Is that what you think?

Do you think he deserved to die because he was a black kid from Miami and Miami has a high crime rate and poverty so that means he was a bad kid?

Last edited by Yac; 07-18-2012 at 06:30 AM..

Old 07-04-2012, 08:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Right, but George wasn't in his home....he was in an area he admitted wasn't familiar to him, in a foot pursuit of a teen that he had been openly and admittedly following for blocks in his vehicle. George took this to another level.

george was an adult already. who knows what another person would do. if a teen was on top of me beating my head into the concrete or ground, I would have shot him to, probably would have kept shooting until his dead body fell off of me.

better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by 6.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:42 AM

And what would you do if someone was following you around...."menacing"....and escalated that to following you on foot, perhaps even brandishing a gun at you...You don't know who this person is....mugger, rapist, kidnapper..because he doesn't identify himself....George caused this whole scenario....George had assaulted folks before, he has the criminal charges to prove it...He learned he could get away with it when these charges were reduced...He bragged about this. George is going to be facing his actions in a court of law this time. Rest in peace Trayvon Martin.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
And what would you do if someone was following you around...."menacing"....and escalated that to following you on foot, perhaps even brandishing a gun at you...You don't know who this person is....mugger, rapist, kidnapper..because he doesn't identify himself....George caused this whole scenario....George had assaulted folks before, he has the criminal charges to prove it...He learned he could get away with it when these charges were reduced...He bragged about this. George is going to be facing his actions in a court of law this time. Rest in peace Trayvon Martin.

ahhhh, so someone who has/had charges against them is still a criminal to you? I consider a criminal by their actions and by their conviction record, not by the charges. if that was the case, then alot of people would be criminals.

remember that little phrase?

innocent before guilty.

or do you only believe that it applies to democrats and their pet projects?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
There are so many contradictions..........

then let the court figure it out. innocent before guilty, unless you are one of those that think all those that are charged are automatically guilty.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
then let the court figure it out. innocent before guilty, unless you are one of those that think all those that are charged are automatically guilty.
Yes...It is too bad that Trayvon Martin didn't get that chance before George convicted him and gave him the death sentence.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Yes...It is too bad that Trayvon Martin didn't get that chance before George convicted him and gave him the death sentence.

you obviously did not read my post above.

if trayvon martin would have been beating my head into the ground or concrete, I would have unloaded a full magazine into his chest and head, i would have not stopped shooting until he was dead or off of my body.

so i dont think george did anything wrong at all. the only thing that was done wrong, is that the PC DA charged george with any crime at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies