Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 10:39 AM

190 posts, read 301,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Unless the person doing the following is an armed wannabe vigilante.
I wish there were more of these in Florida.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:43 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
It's a shame that Sun Thinker's post is being ignored.

There are some very good points made in a concise manner.

Sun Thinker, I tried to rep you, but have to spread it around.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It's a shame that Sun Thinker's post is being ignored.

There are some very good points made in a concise manner.
You're right. Very reasonable and well-thought out post.
Quote:
Sun Thinker, I tried to rep you, but have to spread it around.
I rep'd for you. Well, for me, too. LO

Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
like the BATF?

a vigilante is someone who is someone who planned ahead to judge jury and executioner ahead of time. following someone is not a vigilante. guess you would not be feeling the same way if george was following trayvon and not carrying and died in the process of getting his head beat in. then trayvon would have been looking at the possibility of having the death penalty instead.
We (and, yes, that also means YOU) have no way of knowing what was or wasn't in Zimmerman's mind when he went out after Trayvon that night. He may very well have been planning on being, judge, jury, and executioner. Or not.

What we DO know is that his actions caused the death of a teenager that night and he should be held accountable.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:52 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
I rep'd for you. Well, for me, too. LO
Thanks!

Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Thanks Fox Terrier...Appreciate it.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:06 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
We (and, yes, that also means YOU) have no way of knowing what was or wasn't in Zimmerman's mind when he went out after Trayvon that night. He may very well have been planning on being, judge, jury, and executioner. Or not.

What we DO know is that his actions caused the death of a teenager that night and he should be held accountable.

trayvon was a teen, biut he was also a perp the second he started beating on another person, even if george was following him. if trayvon would have just kept moving along, then he would still be alive today.

I agree that there should be an investigation with what happened, but as soon as the cops said self defense as it should have been, george should have been let go.

instead we have a politically correct da trying their best to get in the good graces of everyone but the state of florida, we now have a really messed up case.

now I hope george wins and sues the da's butt off for false prosecution.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
following a person is not "looking for a fight".
No, it's called "stalking" if the person being followed feels threatened.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
trayvon was a teen, biut he was also a perp the second he started beating on another person, even if george was following him. if trayvon would have just kept moving along, then he would still be alive today.
And we have no way of knowing this either. We don't know how far Zimmerman was willing to go to detain Trayvon and we also don't know who took the first punch or what was said. Unless you really believe that a kid who's been shot IN THE HEART is going to say, "You got me."

Hopefully the truth will come out at trial and hopefully the jury looks at ALL the evidence and not just what Zimmerman, who has proven himself a liar, says happened.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:18 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
And we have no way of knowing this either. We don't know how far Zimmerman was willing to go to detain Trayvon and we also don't know who took the first punch or what was said. Unless you really believe that a kid who's been shot IN THE HEART is going to say, "You got me."

Hopefully the truth will come out at trial and hopefully the jury looks at ALL the evidence and not just what Zimmerman, who has proven himself a liar, says happened.
We actually do know. Far enough that the teen is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies