Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 03:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I think the ME will say "inside of 12 inches".
And that does not necessarily mean contact wound/shot.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:26 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We got JanD to give Trayvon's innocent lamb version of events.
Well, I would rather none of this had happened...But, I do not believe I am the only one not willing to stand by and have some of you annihilate the character of a teen that was doing nothing but walking home at 7pm. For this he got shot and killed by a Rambo wanna be on a mission. It sickens me that there were not neighbors willing to help....if there had been anyone willing to try to stop this altercation George may not have thought he could get away w/ this. I find it somewhat suspicious that folks, some of whom were aware of who George was, did nothing to go out and help. Think folks were afraid of the "hot dogger" that George is??? Seems he has had trouble w/ co-workers and policeman as well as girl friends....A pattern emerges.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
Wealthy actually come more to Boca Raton and West Palm Beach than Miami.

Also Miami's crime is much worse than in most big cities. Check the stats.

Keep on going. Its been fun.

We still have much more crime than in any industrialized country. We still have ugly ghettos in the middles of our most beautiful cities.
Don't let facts get in the way of your biases.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
For this he got shot and killed by a Rambo wanna be on a mission. It sickens me that there were not neighbors willing to help....if there had been anyone willing to try to stop this altercation George may not have thought he could get away w/ this. I find it somewhat suspicious that folks, some of whom were aware of who George was, did nothing to go out and help. Think folks were afraid of the "hot dogger" that George is??? Seems he has had trouble w/ co-workers and policeman as well as girl friends....A pattern emerges.

The neighbors did exactly what people are claiming George should have done; called 911 and relied on the police to arrive.

Yes, ironically, if there had been one more George the person crying for help might have had someone rush to his aid.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:32 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
That's not exactly true. I know many here would like to discount her testimony, but you have the testimony of the girlfriend with whom Trayvon was speaking. She states Trayvon asked Zimmerman why he was following him? Zimmerman, who should have responded that he was the neighborhood watch guy, instead asked what he was doing around there.

At Zimmerman's bond hearing, he made an "apology" wherein he himself said he thought Martin was older than he was--he had no idea he was only 17. Zimmerman himself told the police he had been frustrated by the recent break ins. Zimmerman was so sure Martin was a culprit, he took matters into his own hands. Zimmerman has made many inconsistent statements. His behavior before, during and after the shooting is all going to be put on display.

I think he is going to be found guilty of a lesser included, if the Judge does not grant bail, he may be out with time served after the verdict. Then he can go on with his life filled either with regret or self-justification.
After listening to her interview with the SA, I'm not so sure they'll even want her to testify. IMO, she said a few things that will hurt the state.

As to credibility. At one point when she was asked, Did Trayvon ever say, ‘The guy’s coming at me…he’s going to hit me?” her reply was, "yeah…you could say that." The SA reminded her to tell the truth, not what she thought he wanted her to say. The part about hearing tm say 'get off' was laughable IMO. I suppose she'll testify, but not at all effectively

Old 07-04-2012, 03:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And that does not necessarily mean contact wound/shot.
Nice snipping of my post. Both the ME and FDLE can be right. I'll tell you what. We can both wait for them to explain her statement that the shot to the body was intermediate range and FDLE says the bullet holes in the clothes were a contact shot.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:43 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Don't let facts get in the way of your biases.
I actually found a good blog regarding bias and prejudice
Prejudice in the United States Today ~ A Problem That We May Never Resolve « The World According to Opa
"K Gerry Word Press. Com.....World According to OPA"
" Bias is a prejudice in a general sense, usually for having a preference to one particular point of view or ideological perspective.
A bias could, for example, lead one to accept or deny the truth of a claim, not on the basis of the strength of the arguments in support of the claim themselves, but because of the extent to which the claim is compatible with one’s own preconceived ideas."
Prejudice is the process of “pre-judging” something or somebody. It implies coming to judgment on an issue before learning where the preponderance of evidence actually lies, or forming a judgment without direct experience. "

Last edited by JanND; 07-04-2012 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-04-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Nice snipping of my post. Both the ME and FDLE can be right. I'll tell you what. We can both wait for them to explain her statement that the shot to the body was intermediate range and FDLE says the bullet holes in the clothes were a contact shot.
"Nice snipping of" your "post"? A little too quick and too "defensive" don't you think?

If you will notice, I was responding to Sun Thinker.

//www.city-data.com/forum/25024227-post7448.html

Old 07-04-2012, 03:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I actually found a good blog regarding bias and prejudice
Prejudice in the United States Today ~ A Problem That We May Never Resolve « The World According to Opa
"K Gerry Word Press. Com.....World According to OPA"
" Bias is a prejudice in a general sense, usually for having a preference to one particular point of view or ideological perspective.
A bias could, for example, lead one to accept or deny the truth of a claim, not on the basis of the strength of the arguments in support of the claim themselves, but because of the extent to which the claim is compatible with one’s own preconceived ideas."
Prejudice is the process of “pre-judging” something or somebody. It implies coming to judgment on an issue before learning where the preponderance of evidence actually lies, or forming a judgment without direct experience. "
Good information. There has been a lot of pre-judging of George.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
No. From what I've read, No Link, 'intermediate' in forensic-speak can be inches to 3-feet. Will the ME narrow it down ? Probably is my Guess.

It is Possible that the shot was in contact with tm's clothes, inches away from his body
I agree that the M.E. will probably narrow it down. I just wonder why the M.E. didn't categorize the shot as being close range.....2 to 3 inches would be close, wouldn't it? I think that autopsy report is confusing in that aspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies