Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 06:09 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times

Advertisements

Of course they want her to testify. She was the one on the phone with Martin at the end when Zimmerman came across him. What will be taken away from that testimony is that Martin was concerned enough about Zimmerman following him that he told her about it on the phone. She's no less credible than Zimmerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
After listening to her interview with the SA, I'm not so sure they'll even want her to testify. IMO, she said a few things that will hurt the state.

As to credibility. At one point when she was asked, Did Trayvon ever say, ‘The guy’s coming at me…he’s going to hit me?” her reply was, "yeah…you could say that." The SA reminded her to tell the truth, not what she thought he wanted her to say. The part about hearing tm say 'get off' was laughable IMO. I suppose she'll testify, but not at all effectively

Old 07-05-2012, 06:18 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
What do you think she's going to say on the stand? Martin was on the phone with her at the time Zimmerman and Martin exchanged words which is damaging to Zimmerman, but then again, his stories have inconsistencies anyway, so it won't be any surprise. What did she Tweet? I have a feeling the prosecution does not have to be concerned about bodies in the closet.
According to many sources, the young lady was hospitalized after Martin's wake. It's highly unlikely that she
was tweeting right merrily right after the incident; no doubt that story is as credible as the fake FB pages and photos of someone who was supposed to be Trayvon Martin. Anything to trash a dead teen's reputation.

Trayvon Martin's 17-Year-Old Girlfriend Hospitalized (DETAILS) | Global Grind

Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Of course they want her to testify. She was the one on the phone with Martin at the end when Zimmerman came across him. What will be taken away from that testimony is that Martin was concerned enough about Zimmerman following him that he told her about it on the phone. She's no less credible than Zimmerman.
Have you listened to her interview with the SA ?

GZ admitted he followed tm so they don't need her for that.

Whether she's less credible than gz is debateable.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
If you can't see that the short distance of the shot is favorable to gz, you want revenge against him, not Justice for Trayvon. Revenge has a bad reputation, but it's a common human reaction, so don't hide it.

Anyone would admit it'd be over for the defense if the shot was from 4 or 7 or 20 feet. Only a revengist won't even admit that a close range shot helps the defense.

Don't worry, admitting there's a little bit of forensic evidence that's consistent with gz's story won't mean you think Trayvon deserved to die or you're blaming the victim.
Just maybe, Trayvon was stopped when George accosted him (verbally). If he said something snarky to George, that could have enraged him, and cause him to rush up to Trayvon and shoot him. Just because the shot was close, doesn't necessarily mean that Trayvon approached George; it could have been the other way around.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
According to many sources, the young lady was hospitalized after Martin's wake. It's highly unlikely that she
was tweeting right merrily right after the incident; no doubt that story is as credible as the fake FB pages and photos of someone who was supposed to be Trayvon Martin. Anything to trash a dead teen's reputation.

Trayvon Martin's 17-Year-Old Girlfriend Hospitalized (DETAILS) | Global Grind
"Sources" close to the family.

Maybe she was hospitalized. Maybe it was related to tm's death; maybe to something else.

I haven't used her alleged tweets or tm's alleged facebook pages because they haven't been proven legit to me. Though you claim the pages are fake, I'll wait and see and expect them to be real. As will the girl's tweets.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Just maybe, Trayvon was stopped when George accosted him (verbally). If he said something snarky to George, that could have enraged him, and cause him to rush up to Trayvon and shoot him. Just because the shot was close, doesn't necessarily mean that Trayvon approached George; it could have been the other way around.
Not even the girl on the phone claimed that gz accosted tm 1st verbally.

Look, I understand the 'possible maybe' game. It's possible maybe gz rushed tm, shot him, fell to the ground, inflicted injuries on himself, dragged gz on top of him, yelled for help using tm's voice, etc.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
"Sources" close to the family.

Maybe she was hospitalized. Maybe it was related to tm's death; maybe to something else.

I haven't used her alleged tweets or tm's alleged facebook pages because they haven't been proven legit to me. Though you claim the pages are fake, I'll wait and see and expect them to be real. As will the girl's tweets.
Of course you will, despite the debunking of false information regarding Martin that has been seen on this thread. As I recall, it was an unnamed source that brought down Nixon; many people have information to share with journalists but need or want their names withheld. We still don't know the names of the witnesses
who've been deposed...there's much to be learned. Expecting the prosecution to make all of its evidence public now is naive, which makes it easy for those with a social agenda to dupe the public by using photos or videos or tweets that are fake. I'll see what the State brings to the trial before I'll believe anything presented on the internet that leads back to white supremacist sites.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Not even the girl on the phone claimed that gz accosted tm 1st verbally.

Look, I understand the 'possible maybe' game. It's possible maybe gz rushed tm, shot him, fell to the ground, inflicted injuries on himself, dragged gz on top of him, yelled for help using tm's voice, etc.
What if they tussled and Trayvon stepped back after getting a few punches in and then George rushed him?

I just don't take the word of a known liar; met too many of them in my own life and they absolutely cannot be trusted.

My motto: Lie to me once and I will never trust you again.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Im quoting your post because you mention the "girlfriend"

if you do a little digging, you'll discover she wasnt the GF, she was a friend. 5 minutes after the shooting she was back to tweeting like nothing was wrong.

You have to dig deep, the prosecution has buried it as much as they can.
So freaking what if that's true? It's just another attempt to discredit Trayvon!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So freaking what if that's true? It's just another attempt to discredit Trayvon!
You can malign a couple of kids till hell freezes over, but NEVER suggest that Zimmerman be held accountable for killing a young man. THAT is unthinkable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies