Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 01:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Defending yourself against an attacker isn't vigilantism.
You are quite right defending yourself isn't vigilantism.

But the one thing that is not in dispute is that George Zimmerman got out of his truck, disobeyed the advise of a dispatcher, refused to help police respond to his location, and went after Trayvon Martin.

Because of those actions, I don't have the slightest fracking doubt that if Zimmerman didn't have a gun strapped to him, he would have stayed his sorry arse in his fracking truck, and would have helped the police to get to the frackin' scene.

But no! Zimmerman had a gun, and that gun gave Zimmerman his sense of invulnerability, a sense he could ride off like some modern day Paul Kersey with the capability or handling any situation, even one involving confronting - as you folks ceaselessly point out - a "football playing 6'3", gold tooth wearing, black ghetto thug on drugs with something in his waistband* only to find that he had more in common with Barney Fife, a man with no fist skills just a gun!"

Yeah right!

*Zimmerman's own description that he gave police

Old 04-19-2012, 01:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
I assume he took the pictures prior to being administered first aid and being transported by police, because he certainly didn't appear to have been "beaten to a pulp" when he arrived at the station. Unless I missed it, he didn't even have bandages. I haven't read all of the accounts on this case, but I don't recall anyone mentioning that Zimmerman was carrying a camera in addition to a gun. Of course, he could have taken pictures with his cell phone. But, it was dark and raining, so how "graphic" could they be?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Apparently you missed the pictures of sweet little 12 year old Trayvon..

That's called "ALTERING" the news as it really happened.

You may call it whatever you wish. It's your haze you have to live in.
I'd rather live in my HAZE
than your HATE

Oh, and by the way, was zimmerman wearing a suit and tie when he killed sweet Trayvon? Because, now that's the only picture the media is showing of him...

Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Same for you - post some links that prove that Trayvon was "enamored with the thug culture" and "attempted to adopt the thug persona."
We've discussed it at length in 5 200+page threads. His twitter handle was "no limit *****". Use the search function or the Google as John McCain refers to it and leave me alone.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I seriously doubt the video was altered. And as I remember Dan Rather got blasted and lost a lot of credibility for that.

Of course you would doubt that. Liberals always believe that the media is "objective" and does not alter information to suit political goals. Unfortunately, the media is far left and often alters the facts. The modern US media has become a left wing propaganda unit that has lost all objectivity.

The PJ Tatler » ABC Re-Releases Zimmerman Video, Showing ‘Gashes or Welts’ On His Head

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Apparantly some posters around here arent aware of the medias track record.....like the 1978 flaming of Ford by the horrible "60 minutes TV show". (Where they planted incendiary devices on the car which then "exploded" when rear ended.)

"It Didn't Start With Dateline NBC" (National Review 6/21/93)
Of course they're unaware. They swallow everything people like Olbermann, Tingle Matthews, Maher, etc, shove down their throats. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM

764 posts, read 597,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Any real evidence should only be released during the trial.

BTW I am sick and tired of seeing pictures of Trayvon when he was only 12 years old.
DB Cooper's given name was Dan Cooper, but the media mistakenly called him DB Cooper, and even after correcting themselves, and the facts coming out, the name that stuck was DB Cooper.

That's the way it works. The first picture everyone got was the younger picture. They are going to stick with what is recognizable. The media is sensationalistic, yes, but all this bitching and whining about the "LIBERAL" media is really getting old.

Any picture put out should, and will instantly have it's credibility questioned.

BTW, I'm tired of all this "YA SEE HES GOT A GRILL ON AND LISTENS TO MUSIC WAS IN FIGHT DRUGS SO ITS OKAY" ****. He's 17. Of course he's been in a fight, or has done drugs, or has gotten in trouble at school in the past. Everyone has. Rush Limbaugh use to get bag fulls of Oxycontin from his maid, but I don't hear his integrity being questioned by the right. God knows it should be. All that bull**** is totally irrelevant.

Stand Your Ground went out the window once he started following Martin despite police instructions telling him not to. Let it go. Its over. I'm not going to say Zimmerman should be charged with murder just yet, but he should atleast be held accountable in some way. It's something he instigated. It's something that happened partly because of something he did. If he had listened to the police, Martin would still be alive today.

Also, I know its been said before, but I guarantee if the roles were switched, the right wing media would continually talk about how in "Obamas America", a black person can stalk, and then kill someone without immediately going to jail...

Last edited by Lithium; 04-19-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 03:31 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We've discussed it at length in 5 200+page threads. His twitter handle was "no limit *****". Use the search function or the Google as John McCain refers to it and leave me alone.
Do you have teenage social media friends? I do. Some of them are smarter than others and they self-censor their tweets and FB posts. Others, not so smart and they leave everything up there for the world to see. I could point you to a dozen white, middle class teenage boys and girls on FB whose posts are equally as "thuggish," yet, if you were to meet them in the flesh, you would judge them to be nice kids.

Kind of like posts here on c-d: the posters who post the most inflammatory, a**hole posts, in real life are probably Caspar Milquetoasts.

What documented actions/behaviors marked Trayvon Martin as a "thug"?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:41 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
wow tough guy you are sooooo cooool. better hope he don't win . woops tried to beat the wrong dude. nice post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
And if they are armed you would get shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Trayvon? Is that you? Posting from wherever you are?
The coward was the guy with the gun who initiated the altercation and allegedly got his ass beat by a 17 year old.

I guess you clowns would just stand there and let some random dude run up on you. Fact is, Zimmy probably had his sights on shoting Trayvon because "they" always get away.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
The first picture everyone got was the younger picture.
Here's how it works boys and girls. Reporter or photographer are sent to subjects house/press conference. Editor yells as they leave out of the newsroom, don't forget to a "mug shot" (as in a head and shoulders picture) from the family.

Reporter or photographer goes out and asks family for photo, if the family doesn't have enough to go around either the photographer or the reporter makes a copy of the photo. The media doesn't pic the picture the family does.

As for the perp, the same rule applies, accept Zimmerman wasn't making himself available for a portrait and the family wasn't passing out any press freebees, which they could have done. So what does the media do, they look for a picture that's in the public record. Voila a real mug shot comes to an editors attention and there it goes.

Now as soon as the Zimmerman's people decided to give up a better picture that was the one the media started running with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies