Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 10:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The TOPIC is FEDERAL INCOME TAX

Since 1984 people have had the opportunity to start an IRA. I have very little compassion for people who rely solely on SS.

SSI is a different story.

Do you have stats for the single mom's?

What has the Wal-Mart clerk done to improve their work opportunity?

"That bigoted angry old white man base" And you have the nerve to talk about
attaching (attacking)

Koch, etc, just more jealous biased rant.

I notice you don'r mention any rich dems. Hmm!
I think Buzzard's point was that you seem annoyed that 47% pay no federal income taxes. Who are those 47%? Many are the working poor; the elderly and the disabled. These are the people you want to squeeze when hedge fund managers pay 15% on billions in income?

Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Should the 15% in poverty also pay their fair share?
yes EVERYONE who should pay the same EQUAL rate

Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think Buzzard's point was that you seem annoyed that 47% pay no federal income taxes. Who are those 47%? Many are the working poor; the elderly and the disabled. These are the people you want to squeeze when hedge fund managers pay 15% on billions in income?
and many are middle middle class too

I earn 60k and pay NOTHING in federal INCOME AND federal PAYROLL tax...in fact I get back MORE than the two combined

btw the disabled dont count as WORKERS

Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
So, do away with the progressive tax system we have, that let's the poorest of the poor off the hook, and replace it with a regressive system that widens the gap between the rich and poor.

How about we have those corporations that pay no tax, AND MAKE BILLIONS, start paying taxes instead of hiding behind loopholes?
how about EVERYONE pay the same rate

the poor/middle right now get all the breaks..so we keep the breaks...but make the same RATE for every entity

NO ONE / or corporation should be paying more than 15%

if our government cant survive on 15% of all incomes (to include investment income)...then there is a problem

Old 04-30-2012, 12:27 PM

867 posts, read 498,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, pay up or get out.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM

154 posts, read 524,647 times
Consumer spending accounts for 70% of the US Economy. If we eliminate income tax and replace it with a federal sales tax then that may improve consistency and fairness.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctecchie View Post
Consumer spending accounts for 70% of the US Economy. If we eliminate income tax and replace it with a federal sales tax then that may improve consistency and fairness.
Regressive sales taxes are fairer than progressive income taxes?

{Alice! Where is that looking glass?}

Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 PM

417 posts, read 365,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let's talk "FAIR SHARE" for a moment.

How can anyone logically argue for the rich to "pay their fair share" of federal income taxes when in fact 47% of American's pay ZERO federal income taxes?

Yes, most people pay payroll taxes (Social Security, Medicare, etc). Those monies go to fund specific priorities, so there's no need for the obtuse to come forth and deflect. We're talking Federal INCOME taxes.....the money that goes to fund the public goods and services that we American's consume.

How is it "FAIR" that millions of a American's pay ZERO in light of the current class warfare schtick being pushed by the Left?

Where's the "fairness?"

100% of all Americans pay no federal income tax on the first few thousands of dollars they earn. These first few thousands of dollars are needed for basic survival to live. So in fact it is fair.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:39 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Sure, the wealthy always want the "topic" to be federal income tax, it is a progressive tax. You don't want to discuss payroll taxes because that is a highly regressive FEDERAL TAX that everyone pays, that hits the working poor and middle class much harder than the wealthy income earners.

You failed to say which group of these 47% you wanta tax, you wanta tax welfare and food stamps? You wanta tax unemployment benefits more? You angling to eliminate deductions and credits for the working poor while you leave deductions and credits in place for the mega corporations that make billions in profited and pay zero in taxes? Sure sounds like class warfare!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The TOPIC is FEDERAL INCOME TAX

Since 1984 people have had the opportunity to start an IRA. I have very little compassion for people who rely solely on SS.

SSI is a different story.

Do you have stats for the single mom's?

What has the Wal-Mart clerk done to improve their work opportunity?

"That bigoted angry old white man base" And you have the nerve to talk about
attaching (attacking)

Koch, etc, just more jealous biased rant.

I notice you don'r mention any rich dems. Hmm!

Last edited by buzzards27; 04-30-2012 at 01:57 PM..

Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and many are middle middle class too

I earn 60k and pay NOTHING in federal INCOME AND federal PAYROLL tax...in fact I get back MORE than the two combined

btw the disabled dont count as WORKERS
Check you facts, the claim is "47% of American's pay ZERO federal income taxes". Are you REVISING the claim to 47% of WORKING Americans don't pay federal income taxes????

FYI, if you not paying fica payroll taxes you're either Amish or you income of $60k is NOT wages. I often earned $60k or more and paid no federal income taxes, no magic there. Once you pay for the costs of doing business and take the personal exemptions, deductions and credits income tends to evaporate. payroll (the key word is payroll) taxes vote the first dollar for everyone, but the don't bite the last one for the wealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies