Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
I don't think even you can figure out what that means. Try again.

However, instead of trying to deny the truth I laid at your doorstep, you would be far better served accepting its truth.
Okay, so you can't figure that out. And before I proceed, a piece of advice: Don't try to be a self-designated speaker for others. Stick with what YOU can offer as an argument.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 05-01-2012 at 10:47 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 11:03 AM

867 posts, read 498,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Okay, so you can't figure that out. And before I proceed, a piece of advice: Don't try to be a self-designated speaker for others. Stick with what YOU can offer as an argument.
That's what I did, and you responded with gibberish. I can suggest that you do something, and that, surprise, surprise, is not being a speaker for others.

Care to give it another try? 3rd time's the charm.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
That's what I did, and you responded with gibberish. I can suggest that you do something, and that, surprise, surprise, is not being a speaker for others.

Care to give it another try? 3rd time's the charm.
What exactly is gibberish about people working for their self-interest or not? That is the very point you're making with an argument that if people can vote others out, for their benefits, they would.

Taking bits and pieces from here and there, and running around presenting them glued together as "logic" is what puts you there.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What exactly is gibberish about people working for their self-interest or not? That is the very point you're making with an argument that if people can vote others out, for their benefits, they would.

Taking bits and pieces from here and there, and running around presenting them glued together as "logic" is what puts you there.
You must have transposed some words, because it didn't make sense as written, and very little sense as modified above.

You do realize that we are talking about a near-majority of citizens who work, but pay no income tax, right???

Finally, I don't think a bunch of non-tax-payers voting for politicians who are willing if not anxious to tax from the minority (who pay taxes) to give to the majority (who don't pay tax) qualifies as "working", but you keep trying to come up with a cogent statement, if not argument. Good Luck.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let's talk "FAIR SHARE" for a moment.

How can anyone logically argue for the rich to "pay their fair share" of federal income taxes when in fact 47% of American's pay ZERO federal income taxes?
Paying 47% of the income taxes and paying 47% of their income in taxes are two different things. Something often misunderstood. If the rich control 60-80% of the wealth in the nations, that 47% isn't proportional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How is it "FAIR" that millions of a American's pay ZERO in light of the current class warfare schtick being pushed by the Left?

Where's the "fairness?"
Means those not paying income tax aren't making enough. We've have stagnant wages for decades now.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:58 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,392 times
Quote:
You must have transposed some words, because it didn't make sense as written, and very little sense as modified above.

You do realize that we are talking about a near-majority of citizens who work, but pay no income tax, right???

Finally, I don't think a bunch of non-tax-payers voting for politicians who are willing if not anxious to tax from the minority (who pay taxes) to give to the majority (who don't pay tax) qualifies as "working", but you keep trying to come up with a cogent statement, if not argument. Good Luck.
That is where your WRONG, not 47% of WORKERS, 47% of TAXPAYERS. There are many people that do not work that file tax returns. The elderly, nearly 1/2 of that 47%, often don't work during retirement yet because of investment income and SS benefits they still file taxes.

Last edited by buzzards27; 05-01-2012 at 12:06 PM..

Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:

No transposition needed when such gift as your argument refuses to stop giving...

Quote:
There has been an orchetrated movement to get a voting majority of citizens into the "don't pay income tax" category. So far, it has peaked at 47%, and is down to 45% (2010 figures). When that number, exceeds 50%, those who don't pay taxes can outvote those who do pay taxes, and guess what they will be voting for? All sorts of give-away programs funded not by them (cause they don't pay income tax), but by the minority that does.
So, why should "some" people vote against their self-interests, while others get the privilege of securing their self-interests?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM

100 posts, read 78,380 times
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but personally, I think packaging what would be your salary into a financial derivative, and only paying a capital gains tax on it, constitutes unethical behavior.

So, YES, there are very wealthy individuals who do NOT pay their fair share.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,392 times
Quote:
Another idiotic post, composed completely of straw (as in strawman) - you can wiki it to find out what it means, but basically, it is a false position you ascribe to being your opponent's position.

Perhaps you could change your user name to Strawman27.
Again, you really need to read the CD TOS, your rude and condescending tone is uncalled for. You might feel you're right and everyone else is wrong, but your posts are nothing but opinion.

You're looking foolish, shouting logical fallacies and dodging anything that runs counter to you calling points.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
That is where your WRONG, not 47% of WORKERS, 47% of TAXPAYERS. There are many people that do not work that file tax returns. The elderly, nearly 1/2 of that 47%, often don't work during retirement yet because of investment income and SS benefit the still file taxes.
Give that man a gold star, my error. For clarities sake, I will rephrase.

It is 47% of Americans who file income tax returns.

Ooops, take that gold star away, because you said TAXPAYERS and the whole issue is that they are TAXNONPAYERS, not TAXPAYERS.

Your goof was at least as bad as mine, butI will call it a wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.