Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't say uncaring...oblivious is a better word, in my view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,106 times
I think the belief that Romney will somehow be our savior is like associating Obama with every bad thing that's had it's footprint back from 5, 10, even 20+ years ago. I don't think Obama is perhaps the best person we could have in charge, but I think he's any easy scapgoat because of his color...YEP, I said it...

Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
back to the topic at hand.

No answers from the right, just red herrings as usual.
When you ask a stupid question, you should expect red herring responses. If Mitt Romney, as president should be concerned because 1/2 of americans earn less than $26K a year, then the next logical question then would be why the president, i.e. Obama, has allowed that to be true.

Hey, I'm willing to concede the president has little power over peoples wages, but you seem to think otherwise, so tell me why Obama hates people and has caused their incomes to fall during his tenure?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've seen that stupid story before but if yo go into the report, they say its due to a LOSS OF INCOME.. Its the loss of income causing the bankruptcies, not the medical bills because medical bills can pile up and never once have I heard of a hospital suing to collect forcing someone into bankruptcy. If you have $200K a year in medical bills, you'd know that to be true.
Giving tax cuts to rich people doesn't provide a gain on income for those people filing bankruptcy. Giving tax cuts to rich people also doesn't provide these people with jobs as is seen with our current economy. So Romney's policies would only exacerbate the bankruptcy because of medical bills problem in America.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
You guys can vote for whoever you want.

What are you going to choose to be in life?
Someone who contributes to society or someone who takes from it?

If you want unsustainable cradle to grave "entitlements" vote for the idiot currently in the White House.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
I think the belief that Romney will somehow be our savior is like associating Obama with every bad thing that's had it's footprint back from 5, 10, even 20+ years ago. I don't think Obama is perhaps the best person we could have in charge, but I think he's any easy scapgoat because of his color...YEP, I said it...
Wow, someone saying Obama is being used as a scapgoat because he's
half black. How risque of you
Obama is trashed simply because he's doiing a terrible job. It's almost
3 1/2 years, and his fans are still acting like he just got inaugurated.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Giving tax cuts to rich people doesn't provide a gain on income for those people filing bankruptcy. Giving tax cuts to rich people also doesn't provide these people with jobs as is seen with our current economy.
Tell me how raising taxes on the rich provides a gain of income for those filing bankruptcy, or tell me how raising taxes on the rich provide those people with jobs?

When you are done with those questions, then tell me why every president who's cut taxes, has seen economic growth, Bush, Reagan, even Clinton, and why you expect the same to be true if you do the opposite, i.e. raise taxes. How do you grow the economy by taking more money out of it?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
I've seen that stupid story before but if yo go into the report, they say its due to a LOSS OF INCOME.. Its the loss of income causing the bankruptcies, not the medical bills because medical bills can pile up and never once have I heard of a hospital suing to collect forcing someone into bankruptcy. If you have $200K a year in medical bills, you'd know that to be true.
I've been served papers TWICE by hospitals demanding payment. They screwed up on my insurance billing and instead of calling me or figuring out what's wrong, they served me papers and threatened to take me to court over it. So yeah, it does happen.

Companies are very quick to drop people who are sick, and when you absolutely cannot work it can be hard to pay a couple thousand in hospital bills. All they have to do is up their income??? Wow, you're a genius! I think you should go and tell all the people that have gone bankrupt that all they had to do was make a ton more money! Problem solved!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been served papers TWICE by hospitals demanding payment. They screwed up on my insurance billing and instead of calling me or figuring out what's wrong, they served me papers and threatened to take me to court over it. So yeah, it does happen.

Companies are very quick to drop people who are sick, and when you absolutely cannot work it can be hard to pay a couple thousand in hospital bills. All they have to do is up their income??? Wow, you're a genius! I think you should go and tell all the people that have gone bankrupt that all they had to do was make a ton more money! Problem solved!
Served with papers and demanding payment isnt bankruptcy. Do we have another poster who doesnt know the difference?

p.s. I've been bankrupt, I can tell you first hand there is a HUGE difference between demanding payment, and bankruptcy. Educate yourself a little more.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Served with papers and demanding payment isnt bankruptcy. Do we have another poster who doesnt know the difference?
So what the hell do you expect these people to do? Let debt collectors harass them for the next seven years!? Of course, no one is obligated to file for bankruptcy, but it is the only way to escape from the courts and the collectors that will hassle them for their money (that they don't have).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies