Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 08:25 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
1) As I said, I don't give a rats ass about what the constitution says. 50 million people in this country do not have affordable access to a doctor. That is what I care about.

2) They do not have access to healthcare. What access are you talking about? Oh yeah! They can just go to an ER and end up bankrupt! You must be talking about that .

Democrats never have cared about the Constitution.

Maybe someone in each of those families should become a doctor.

They are in demand right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
If we just extend our current policies — which would mean extending the Bush tax cuts — revenues will be 17.9 percent of GDP over the next decade.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Why are you now hijacking your own thread?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Romney: Campaign ‘Not Concerned About the Very Poor’ - ABC News

72,419,266 Americans or 50% of wage earners had net compensation less than or equal to the median wage, which is estimated to be $26,363.55 for 2010. - Source

Source

Who do you feel Romney's economic and tax policies will benefit?
wow do do you drink the coolaid

the aveage wage is 41k
National Average Wage Index

most earning under 60k pay nearly nothing in federal taxes

Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
NO - The Supreme Court is going to eliminate mandated health insurance.

You want a handout. If it matters to you enough - get a job that provides health insurance.

By making insurance available across state lines and introducing tort reform - health insurance will be affordable. Also, there are people that don't want insurance when they are healthy. Or a certain type of insurance, instead of what Obama tells them they have to have - and be required to buy.

When Romney turns around this economy - people will have jobs.

If Romney only cared about himself ( as you think ) he wouldn't be running for President.

Anyway, you won't have any choice in the matter because Obama is not going to win another term.
DON'T GET ME ****ING STARTED ON THAT COMMENT!

Travel the employment forum and see the post I made. I have been searching for work NON ****ING STOP since graduation in December and can't find a damn thing! Let alone a job as generous to provide healthcare benefits.

No, he will LOSE! Because Romney has not a clue in his mind of the suffering everyday Americans are going through so that rich people like himself can line their bank accounts with gold.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
ME! I am facing extreme medical bills that may put me in bankruptcy because I had to have surgery two weeks ago. I don't have the thousands of dollars to pay for that surgery. I lied and had the hospital put me on a payment plan for the cost. I just received a pathology bill today and I haven't even received the surgeons charges yet. No one should face such financial troubles when they get sick!
Ahhh, poor baby.. What you have is a bill you cant pay.. That doesnt put you into bankruptcy

ps, your hospital has programs to help pay the bill, they probably would have qualified you for them if you didnt LIE to them.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Get Obama out of office and see the money flow from businesses. They are now just sitting on it trying to find out what will happen to them. Since Romney won't penalize them for their success everyone will profit.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
DON'T GET ME ****ING STARTED ON THAT COMMENT!

Travel the employment forum and see the post I made. I have been searching for work NON ****ING STOP since graduation in December and can't find a damn thing! Let alone a job as generous to provide healthcare benefits.

No, he will LOSE! Because Romney has not a clue in his mind of the suffering everyday Americans are going through so that rich people like himself can line their bank accounts with gold.
Waaaa, waaaa, Romney has money and I hate him for it because I want it..

Thats all your post says.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Romney: Campaign ‘Not Concerned About the Very Poor’ - ABC News

72,419,266 Americans or 50% of wage earners had net compensation less than or equal to the median wage, which is estimated to be $26,363.55 for 2010. - Source

Source

Who do you feel Romney's economic and tax policies will benefit?
well, since Mitt is almost a billionaire, I dont think he gives a tinker's dam about anyone not in the top tenth of the 1%.

He cares about Barclay's Bank and Goldman Sachs.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahhh, poor baby.. What you have is a bill you cant pay.. That doesnt put you into bankruptcy

ps, your hospital has programs to help pay the bill, they probably would have qualified you for them if you didnt LIE to them.
No, they didn't! I signed up for the surgery once and they said they wouldn't continue the schedule unless I could pay for the cost up front. I canceled the surgery appointment with my doctor.

A few weeks later I rescheduled the surgery, but dodged the early phone calls and just showed up at the hospital the morning of the surgery. They tried to get me to pay up front with a credit card for a discounted price but I didn't have the means. They weren't going to cancel the procedure, so I was to have the surgery. I assume they will figure out soon enough that I do not have the ability to pay.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
No, they didn't! I signed up for the surgery once and they said they wouldn't continue the schedule unless I could pay for the cost up front. I canceled the surgery appointment with my doctor.

A few weeks later I rescheduled the surgery, but dodged the early phone calls and just showed up at the hospital the morning of the surgery. They tried to get me to pay up front with a credit card for a discounted price but I didn't have the means. They weren't going to cancel the procedure, so I was to have the surgery. I assume they will figure out soon enough that I do not have the ability to pay.
And what part of this puts you into bankruptcy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies