Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,985,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Pat Paulsen once observed we need guns because without guns how could we shoot anybody. Another favorite of mine and more current observer Mark Fiore from San Francisco observed if you wanted to kill 32 people you couldn't do it with a hammer or a knife you needed guns. If Mr Cho had gotten a fully automatic assault gun designed to spray a target at close range like a used AK-47 or the Russians more modern version the AK-74 he could have doubled or tripled that number. We as a nation seem damed and determined to give a future Sung-Hui Cho the guns and the opportunity to bring such a horror to life. The NRA bastards need to take ownership of this because I actually enjoy watching the crowds of teary eyed people with bowed heads placing lit candles and flowers at the site of yet another ALL-AMERICAN senseless mass shooting. Americans need to acept that this is self inflicted and a product of an infantile attitude towards guns.
"Gun Free Zones" are responsible for more deaths than the plague.

The wackos at Columbine specifically targeted their school BECAUSE it was a "gun free zone".

Cho chose to proceed with his rampage because he knew that no one would stop him.

The Major at Ft Bragg chose a "Gun free zone" on base.

I could go on and on and on.

These cowards do not want to be shot back at before they do their damage.

Get rid of "gun free zones" and you will eliminate the slaughter.

After all, the only ones who DON'T respect the signs are the wackos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,319,005 times
Quote:
Pat Paulsen once observed we need guns because without guns how could we shoot anybody. Another favorite of mine and more current observer Mark Fiore from San Francisco observed if you wanted to kill 32 people you couldn't do it with a hammer or a knife you needed guns. If Mr Cho had gotten a fully automatic assault gun designed to spray a target at close range like a used AK-47 or the Russians more modern version the AK-74 he could have doubled or tripled that number. We as a nation seem damed and determined to give a future Sung-Hui Cho the guns and the opportunity to bring such a horror to life. The NRA bastards need to take ownership of this because I actually enjoy watching the crowds of teary eyed people with bowed heads placing lit candles and flowers at the site of yet another ALL-AMERICAN senseless mass shooting. Americans need to acept that this is self inflicted and a product of an infantile attitude towards guns.

So what do you propose we do?

Let's see here.....how to describe the above quoted post:

Pathetic
Laughable
Asinine

That'll do for starters.

This was an accident. What do you suppose someone could do intentionally? Should we ban cars because they're too dangerous?

89-Year-Old Found Guilty Of Manslaughter - CBS News

Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
You're not the OP and we're not talking about Mass here. Want to participate like a grown up, go find the actual pieces of data I was talking about. Neither swimming nor driving really matter much since we're not talking about them, we're talking about guns.

Firearms are always dangerous. That's why you always assume that they're loaded.
Nice deflection. I love it when people pretend they actually know about the topic at hand. Nice work.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
One of my favorite scenes from "All in the Family" was when Gloria was whining about all the gun deaths. Archie looked at her and said "Would it make you feel any better if they was pushed out of windows?"
Unfortunately I can't rep this post....

Old 04-20-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Unfortunately I can't rep this post....
Thanks....just repped you again!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,581,341 times
ON this topic I agree with alphamale and all the rest.

NEVER, NEVER count on your assailents good intentions to save your life.

BE alert, be aware and be armed.

My biggest concern about having someone break into my house when I am at home is washing down the walls afterward.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
ON this topic I agree with alphamale and all the rest.

NEVER, NEVER count on your assailents good intentions to save your life.

BE alert, be aware and be armed.

My biggest concern about having someone break into my house when I am at home is washing down the walls afterward.
Had to rep you!

Better to wash the blood of the criminal off your walls than that of a loved one.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:18 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,581,341 times
Absafrackinlootly!!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,425,686 times
Quote:
Everyone, please turn away, as I am going to have projectile vomiting over this senseless ill-informed drivel.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,425,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"Gun Free Zones" are responsible for more deaths than the plague.

Exactly. People need to realize that the highest crime rate areas are those with the strictest gun laws.

The wackos at Columbine specifically targeted their school BECAUSE it was a "gun free zone".

Cho chose to proceed with his rampage because he knew that no one would stop him.

If you know that no one will shoot back, it is a free-for-all.

The Major at Ft Bragg chose a "Gun free zone" on base.

I could go on and on and on.

These cowards do not want to be shot back at before they do their damage.

Sort of like the 'Willie Sutton' syndrome.

Get rid of "gun free zones" and you will eliminate the slaughter.

Damn! I couldn't agree more.

After all, the only ones who DON'T respect the signs are the wackos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies