Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:59 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Oh please! Yet another hypocrisy from a leftie.

Different examples and instances and correlations are brought up in every thread and you know it. And shore baby's example is SPOT ON. Why is it lefties never want to admit the truth?
Another middle-aged right wing groupie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 05:05 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Oh please! Yet another hypocrisy from a leftie.
Different examples and instances and correlations are brought up in every thread and you know it. And shore baby's example is SPOT ON. Why is it lefties never want to admit the truth?
Since when is the right anti-hypocrisy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
In college, same place Clinton claimed to be!!
Even though this self-serving retort deserves no response, this is an open forum.
MANY people did not serve in Viet Nam - so what? That's not the point. There is a hypocrisy in someone beating the drums of war while sending others off to fight. It is the right-wing that is constantly beating those drums.
* Why doesn't Right understand this? Okay maybe they do.
* What is so appealing, to the Right, about rich jowly white guys in Barka-loungers who like sending others off to die? Sending a volunteer army doing multiple tours - it's not right (it is Right ).
* The conservative view seems to be "if you must go, that's YOUR problem.
* And they are doing it again now - with the Middle East. "Invade everybody I don't like - just don't ask me to go". A draft would silence those wardrums immediately.
I'm pretty sure Nugent kissed the behinds of those investigators. Was he in his easy chair? Well he's getting there.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Health Care failure, dividing the country even more, making "Hope & Change" sound like something was wrong with America in the first place.

Fine tuning is always needed, but to never be proud of your country is another.............

I guess everything is just "peachy" the way is was before eh?

Old 04-25-2012, 02:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
What's funny is probably most of us would get along better if politics and religion didn't define us so much
Some people in my family have served and I've just always thought it's awfully brave to live the way the military has to and to fight, defend our country.

I do believe even those who haven't served can do other things to support the military. Nugent does give to the military and families much support and helps the disabled vets. His politics and personal life.......... well who doesn't have a house to clean, he needs to pick his words more wisely.

As far as the "crapping his pants" I see the interview is not even available, so what does that tell you??

Thanks for your service and that of your son, but you say "pretend patriots".............. kind of takes us back where we started from you still think others can't be "patriotic" if they haven't served??

You do a real good job at excepting Clinton did the same thing to get out of serving, not to mention President Obama doesn't even care for the military as far as the meaning of it, he might care for the troops maybe!
Like I had mentioned before I never had a probelm with those who support the veterans, such as their wives and family members as well as the general public. These are not the same people that once the fighting is over start talking like they "would have done this and would have done that if they were there" but avoided that opportunity the first chance that they got. ted nuggethead is a perfect example of "pretend patriot" as well as the majority of bush's administration. These punkazzes add another dimension to the word "cowardice" since they were the ones that had the resources to keep from going but yet were the catalyst for starting something that they avoided initially.

BTW, I never said that I accepted Clinton's ducking the war but he did not push for another one and nor did he profitted from the deaths of thousands

Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Health Care failure, dividing the country even more, making "Hope & Change" sound like something was wrong with America in the first place.
Fine tuning is always needed, but to never be proud of your country is another.............
* Health care "failure" - that's vague. You mean "blocked by Republicans" or what?
* You lived in a superior America before Obama - right. Jeez, where have we heard this before.
* More vagueness - who is not proud of their country? Try less innuendo please.
* Dividing the country "even more"? So it WAS divided previously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies