Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
My girlfriend teaches 2nd grade and they went on a field trip. One little boy said he wanted to sit next to his "partner." At first she thought oh little boys chillin. Then she thought about it. She said he didn't "patnas." Like men say that's my patna....he emphasized "Partner." So she went to where they were sitting and these 2nd Grade boys were holding hands.

She said she damn near pulled their arms out of socket. Now she writing up a statement for them to go to counseling or something....
Your girlfriend, and anyone else who thinks this was "gay", need to get their heads out of the toilet. What is wrong with you uptight people?

Do you same people think that little girls who do the same thing are gay? Fathers hold their sons hands, brothers hold their little brothers hands, the same way mothers do with their daughters. Oh, wait!!! Clear signs of incest going on!!!

Oh, look!!!! Two girls hugging!!!! Call the morality police!!!!

Maybe we should all live in our own mobile cubicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 04:55 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
My girlfriend teaches 2nd grade and they went on a field trip. One little boy said he wanted to sit next to his "partner." At first she thought oh little boys chillin. Then she thought about it. She said he didn't "patnas." Like men say that's my patna....he emphasized "Partner." So she went to where they were sitting and these 2nd Grade boys were holding hands.

She said she damn near pulled their arms out of socket. Now she writing up a statement for them to go to counseling or something....
I can see it being alright but what gets to me is that the boy was calling the other boy his partner.

That's disgusting.

But then again that's what happens to those who grow up under a liberal society.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 AM

269 posts, read 255,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I find it very hard to believe she is actually a real teacher IRL with a reaction like that!
I'm not. The education field is FILLED with homophobes.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I can see it being alright but what gets to me is that the boy was calling the other boy his partner.

That's disgusting.

But then again that's what happens to those who grow up under a liberal society.
You don't have to be a liberal to be a) gay, b) not homophobic, c) someone who doesn't read into innocent actions from a child.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
If it was your son what would you do?
Real parents wouldn't have a cry and act like their child just died or did something that is going to ruin their lives.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
sounds like she overreacted. Counceling? let it be they're just 7yo. Counceling may screw em up.
Think the teacher needs some training.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:01 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Young and innocent as they undoubtedly are, certain types of behavior should be discouraged.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:03 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101flyboy View Post
You don't have to be a liberal to be a) gay, b) not homophobic, c) someone who doesn't read into innocent actions from a child.
That's not what I'm saying. By "a liberal society" I mean a society which seems to accept and almost encourage ridiculous actions and behavior.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:07 AM

Oh, and this thread and the reaction of the OP's girlfriend highlights why homophobes SHOULD NOT be allowed anywhere near children. These people are OBSESSED with homosexuality and see homosexuality in everything and anything, no matter how innocent, no matter how harmless, not realizing that, um............there is nothing wrong in being gay!

We're talking about two 7 year olds. Why poison their minds so young when, first of all, you don't know why they were holding hands, but secondly, even if they do see themselves as "boyfriends" or whatever, what's the problem? It's not as if they're going to go to the alter and marry at 7. It's innocent. They're children, friends who enjoy one another's company.

What's sad is how its younger folk, 18 and under, who have less hangups and more maturity surrounding situations like this, than actual grown adults.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
That's not what I'm saying. By "a liberal society" I mean a society which seems to accept and almost encourage ridiculous actions and behavior.
Nothing that the OP said occurred was ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies