Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

We are going to need stricter internet rules. We don't want government interference, but we demand it by our actions. We are a race of idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The responsible party committed suicide.
No you goof. Take the kids RESPONSIBLE for driving this to suicide and hit them with litigation.

I really shouldn't have to explain this to you, but considering this is YOU we're talking about...

Old 04-19-2012, 09:59 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times
Why aren't homosexual kids getting help for their disease? It's not ok to just abandon these kids to this cruel world, they need our help

Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
No you goof. Take the kids RESPONSIBLE for driving this to suicide and hit them with litigation.

I really shouldn't have to explain this to you, but considering this is YOU we're talking about...
The scary thing is that I'm pretty sure he understood your post.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
"Big ears, accent, the way they dress"

None of those are as significant as someone's sexuality. There are people in this country who believe that homosexuals should be thrown in jail or sentenced to death. No one believes that such inhumane treatment should be given to someone because of having big ears.

Not to mention that accent, dress style, and even ears can all be changed. Someone's sexuality cannot.

I'm glad the anti-bullying movement is picking up pace. Bullies should have no place in public and certainly not in a public school. Such vermin should be stuck at home in the company of their parents who were probably bullies as well. This poor kid shouldn't have been tortured for something he cannot change.

Really?

I thought an ass kicking was an ass kicking the world over.

"There are people in this country who believe that homosexuals should be thrown in jail or sentenced to death."

OK, can you name some of them?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Such a shame. Any suicide - regardless of the person's orientation - is a shame.

Why wasn't there legal action taking place? Where were the parents of everyone involved? The teachers? Surely this kid brought it someone's attention before doing the deed.

Take the kids responsible and hit them with litigation.

Right. Imagine if it was your kid, you goof.

"Oh, but he turned the computer off!"

You do realize that Facebook is available on mobile phones, yeah?

Open your mind before you open your mouth. Thanks.
You do realize that you can use your mobile phone without accessing the web?? I guess not. Like I said TURN IT OFF. Pretty simple stuff until idiots get involved in the situation.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Why aren't homosexual kids getting help for their disease? It's not ok to just abandon these kids to this cruel world, they need our help

Ignorance is a disease as well, but curable if one puts forth the effort.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I experienced bullying firsthand and people ignored it and told me to 'toughen up'. I was actually bullied by PARENTS of students and nobody cared.

I think a lot of people assume kids are overreacting or acting 'overly emotional' and boys are constantly told to 'man up' and not complain.
How did you ever survive? I guess you didn't have facebook eh??

Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Teenage suicide, gay or straight, is a silent epidemic that should be addressed. Instead, society tends to see these people as just weak or stupid.
According to the CDC there is one suicide attempt every 15 minutes in the US. Culling of the herd. The strong survive. Pretty simple stuff.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Comments - Kenneth Weishuhn, Gay Iowa Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Receiving Death Threats - The Huffington Post

" A gay Iowa teen has taken his own life after friends and family say that classmates sent him death threats on his cell phone and made him the subject of a Facebook hate group."

This is why we need to teach our children tolerance and acceptance.

Such a senseless tragedy ...

Nature has a way of culling the weak and freak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies