Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a person's right to conceal carry a firearm for self defense?
I support a person's right to carry and I also conceal carry a firearm 34 35.42%
I support a person's right to carry but I don't personally carry a firearm 56 58.33%
I don't support a person's right to conceal carry a firearm 6 6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So what happens when someone cases your house, sees those stickers, waits until they know you're not home, and breaks in to steal your guns? I prefer to fly off the radar myself......
I don't promote that I'm NRA or have guns, but, that's why I have ADT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I probably should have specified that this poll was for people who live on American soil, not for those who live in countries that only survive because of the protection that the US affords them.

On a side note, this must be a different Toronto than the one you're bragging about.

17-year-old sought in fatal shooting | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/19/17-year-old-sought-in-fatal-shooting - broken link)

Teen injured in drive-by shooting in northwest Toronto - Toronto - CBC News

Police name brothers killed in north Toronto shooting | CTV Toronto

All from the last few days in beautiful Toronto, although I'm sure now you'll explain that those sorts of things never happen in your part of Toronto because you're smart and you stay away from places where guns might be needed for protection.

Unfortunately I can't rep this post right now....

Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Of course, this is the controversy. So many people aren't following the reasonable laws .
What part of "shall not be infringed" calls for "reasonable laws"?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I probably should have specified that this poll was for people who live on American soil, not for those who live in countries that only survive because of the protection that the US affords them.

On a side note, this must be a different Toronto than the one you're bragging about.

17-year-old sought in fatal shooting | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/19/17-year-old-sought-in-fatal-shooting - broken link)

Teen injured in drive-by shooting in northwest Toronto - Toronto - CBC News

Police name brothers killed in north Toronto shooting | CTV Toronto

All from the last few days in beautiful Toronto, although I'm sure now you'll explain that those sorts of things never happen in your part of Toronto because you're smart and you stay away from places where guns might be needed for protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Jeeez...I am cut to the quick..Toronto is a little heaven for the most part..and we have a policy...we allow our gang bangers to arm themselves..and pocket them in the areas you mentioned...we stay out of the way as they shoot each other..nature takes it's course..Eventually they will all be gone by their own hand.

Once in a while someone gets hurt in the cross fire..but these are rare..and the numbers are not of great concern...unless like in the Jane Greba case..when they kill one of ours by mistake then we shut them down.

You on the other hand dive deep into the poo...we stay out of trouble.

For those Americans not in favor of an out right gun culture- I suggest that you apply to immigrate to Canada..we could use more good people...

LMAO- too predictable....."It can't happen to me in my section of town and I'm too smart to be a victim"

Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I prefer that no one know if I am carrying or not. That is for me to know and an assailant to find out.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Like where? I have a TX CHL and I'm actually surprised at the number of places you can legally carry a firearm in this state.
In Pa, there are certain prohibited areas, but for the most part you can carry just about any where and you can actually open carry without LTC, but you cannot wear it while driving. Places that prohibit, have to put a sign up or if they know you are carrying, they can ask you to leave or take your gun to your car.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
When did they legalize hallucinogenic drugs in Canada?
I used to work for a company that had many offices in Canada and I got to know a lot of Canadians. They share some common traits:

Jealousy of Americans

Big ego with very little to back it up

Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Pretty simple poll but pretty controversial at the same time...

Do you support a person's individual right to conceal carry a firearm for personal defense. I'm not talking about any particular legal case concerning concealed carry, I'm not talking about any specific state or city which might allow or deny the concealed carry of a firearm.

This assumes that people are following all the reasonable laws of their concealed carry permit (if needed) and they are legally capable of holding that permit (no felony record or whatever that state says).
Apsolutely, and yes I do carry and I am licenced by the state of Texas. Do I carry all the time, no, but there are times and places when having one is the best safety choice.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And there it is ladies and gentleman, we are all hicks now. You lost ALL your credability with that statment.....
Allow me to correct this post:

You need to actually have credibility before you can lose it. He never had any at all to begin with.......

Old 04-20-2012, 06:55 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If you live in a place where you have to carry a pistol to feel secure...You had better move to a better place that is civilized.

You may have a problem though..because everyone is so paranoid that where every you move the other guy will be packing..maybe move to a country that is not a gun cultured place?

Don't want to sound rude..but being up here in Toronto..it's not an issue yet...and yes- there are some guns but very rare on the over all...We never let it get that bad that we need weapons to feel secure.

As for your question - seeing that you have a thriving gun culture...to carry or not to carry? I guess it's okay..but to carry a concealed weapon for no good reason just makes you a bit of a nut....if there is a valid reason- go head...BUT if you are bright and intelligent..Your mind is all you need...Unless you are a bit dumb and looking for trouble...No I am not anti-gun...just anti jerk/
That would be fine if we could trust our government or criminals didn't have guns, but it is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies