Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually, the quote is Mark Twain's...

"In a battle of wits, it is poor sport to fight an unarmed man."

Churchill used a variation of it...

"I will not fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

...and fourth graders have been using it ever since.
At least you seem to have acquired the ability to use Google, I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Join the club.
No, thanks.
Most of us have moved on.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
This.

Perhaps you have some bent up crude jokes about vaginas you can shoot right back at them?

I'm sure if they're weird enough to make jokes about penises at work they'd be able to take it.

If not, you have a perfectly good defense.

I.E. - What's the big deal?
If he does that they will get him for sexual harassment.

It's a huge double standard going on.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No, thanks.
Most of us have moved on.
A lot of you are on my ignore list, so that's the club. It's pretty awkward to even bother reading and responding to your annoyance.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Why do the blind always jump to conclusions, believing any man is a misogynist because he prefers peace in the workplace?

I'm anti-feminist because I'm for equality. Luckily I know a few who agree with gender segregation in employment and education. There would probably be lesser violence and no false accusations on sexual harassment.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
When the truth is terrifying and there's no courage to face it , it's best to "ignore" it.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Why do the blind always jump to conclusions, believing any man is a misogynist because he prefers peace in the workplace?

I'm anti-feminist because I'm for equality. Luckily I know a few who agree with gender segregation in employment and education. There would probably be lesser violence and no false accusations on sexual harassment.
When a person wants to keep women out of the workforce, blaming them for the actions of men, it's obvious they're misogynists.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
A lot of you are on my ignore list, so that's the club. It's pretty awkward to even bother reading and responding to your annoyance.
Put your big boy panties on and join the rest of us in the real world.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
When the truth is terrifying and there's no courage to face it , it's best to "ignore" it.

That poster must be such a joy to be around IRL.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:27 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Why? Christians like to brag about how much better they are than others ...if they like dirty jokes they aren't any better. I love pointing out their rotten hypocrisy.
Have to say you do quite well as a fine example of a non-Chiristian who thinks she's walking the perfect tight rope. Oh, a Christian who likes a dirty joke now that's scandalous, glad that's all you can parrot repeat.

Quote:
And they have a right to that if it isn't done at work...some places are appropriate and others aren't and only boorish pigs ignore the difference.
So, it's okay to speak of someone's else's body parts any where but work??? I think people ought to find better things to do then trying to find fault's with others and acting like they're the perfect one, if you know what I mean..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup, reread post 110 , I caught your rather awful and quite ignorant spelling error but forgot to bold it....I'll try to bold everything to make it easier for you to see.
I see you don't get sarcasm, most egotist's don't. Mistakes happen as when you spelled attorney.....arrorney in another post I didn't say a thing, would you call that ignorant spelling??? I should've bolded it for you!!

How many egocentrics does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None, she holds the lightbulb up and the world revolves around her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies