Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times

Advertisements

I feel sad for folks who think everyone else needs to "lighten up".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
I feel sad for those that take life so seriously

Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
I feel sad for those devoid of a sense of humor.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM

613 posts, read 759,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
This is brought to you right on your TV by the same liberal groups who brought you punishment by politically or sexual correct speech> of course it only applies when they are offended or want to sue as usual.
Hello,

What in the heck are you talking about, my buddy boy?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM

994 posts, read 724,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Isn't this sexual harassment in the work place?

Thought this would be an interesting thread.
It is harassment but you'll be ridiculed if you actually say anything about it.

Whites don't complain about racism and men don't complain about sexism.

It upsets the narrative if one of the oppressors is actually victimized by the oppressed. The left can't have that that kind of thing upsetting their worldview.

True story, several years ago I worked with a guy who had a girl in a bikini as his screensaver on his work computer and one day it was gone. He told me that he was ordered to take it down. So I went to the HR lady at the office and mentioned this woman who had a screensaver of a bunch of half naked men in skimpy firemens costumes and she just laughed at me. This is the same woman who ordered my friend to change his screensaver. But she thought the idea of anybody being offended by a woman doing the exact same thing was just silly.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM

639 posts, read 828,224 times
only sue if they have money. Obtaining a judgement, and collecting it are two very different things

Old 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
It is harassment but you'll be ridiculed if you actually say anything about it.

Whites don't complain about racism and men don't complain about sexism.

It upsets the narrative if one of the oppressors is actually victimized by the oppressed. The left can't have that that kind of thing upsetting their worldview.

True story, several years ago I worked with a guy who had a girl in a bikini as his screensaver on his work computer and one day it was gone. He told me that he was ordered to take it down. So I went to the HR lady at the office and mentioned this woman who had a screensaver of a bunch of half naked men in skimpy firemens costumes and she just laughed at me. This is the same woman who ordered my friend to change his screensaver. But she thought the idea of anybody being offended by a woman doing the exact same thing was just silly.
One of my employees approached me last year about a calendar hanging in one of the open-space areas of the office. He said that it offended him that there were biblical quotes as captions to the pictures used to depict each month. Truthfully, I was perplexed, but I consulted with my HR folks to see if there was indeed a problem with the offending calendar.

In the end, HR determined that it was best for the calendar to be removed, although they didn't cite any specific reason other than to appease the offendee. This guy was one of the more "unfortunate hire's" that we made over the years. Luckily he left us to pursue another career, as he was more of the rabble-rousing type who constantly complained about everything. I don't think the calendar actually offended him, I just think he was looking for something to complain about.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Well this HR professional was very, very wrong, and I highly doubt HER boss or professional peers would agree with her actions.

That said, open, sexualized conversation in the workplace by anyone is inappropriate and should be discouraged. Also, dick jokes are funny.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:14 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Default women at work making penis jokes, should i sue?

Actually, if I remember correctly, it is not harrassment unless you tell them it offends you. Then, if they say it again, it is harrassment.

When you sue, crank up the pressure. Tell them that junk won't fly. Give them the shaft. Keep that knob turned up to full volume.

Good luck, Mr. Johnson.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Why do people feel it is appropriate to speak in a vulgar manner in the workplace?
Finally.

After so many posts, someone asks a valid question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies