Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
We're still talking a handful of people whose additional tax burden would not solve a single budgetary problem in America.

Is this hatred for the rich about principle, or is it about finances? While I can respect principle, I don't see how the math adds up to anything other than political pandering and bluster by Obama and his surrogates.
'Hate'? - who said anything about hate. We should love our 'masters', and grovel in obedience when licking their boots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
'Hate'? - who said anything about hate. We should love our 'masters', and grovel in obedience when licking their boots.
I don't understand your point.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Some of the 25 signs that middle class families have been targeted for extinction....
There's only 1 "Sign" and that is that American Middle Class families are just freaking stupid.

That's it. It's really just that simple.

Quote:
#1 Over the past several decades, millions upon millions of middle class Americans have been systematically turned into government dependents.
Over the past several decades? You mean like since WW II? Uh, you think that might have something to do with it? You think maybe things were skewed just a wee bit too far in favor of the US?

Quote:
#2 Unemployment is at epidemic levels and the vast majority of the new jobs that have been "created" in recent years have been low paying jobs.
"Epidemic levels?" Hell, as much as I rag on Obama and the US Economy, I've never stooped to such a low knee-jerk grabbing effort.

I don't suppose that you would ever enlarge your brain enough to consider the possibility that the number of developed and developing nations over the "last several decades" has increased, right?

Quote:
Of those Americans that do have a job at this point, one out of every four works a job that pays $10 an hour or less.
Which part of "Global Economy" do you not understand?

Quote:
#7 Today, approximately 48 percent of all Americans are currently either considered to be "low income" or are living in poverty.
But they are not "living in poverty." It only appears that way because the goal posts keep getting moved for propaganda reasons.

Quote:
#8 in 1940, 23.4% of all American workers had manufacturing jobs. Today, only 10.4% of all American workers have manufacturing jobs.
You think WW II might have had something to do with that?

How many manufacturing jobs were in Belize in 1940? How many jobs are there now? See a difference?

Did I mention "Global Economy?"

Quote:
#11 In 2010, 2.6 million more Americans descended into poverty...the largest increase that we have seen since the U.S. government began keeping statistics on this back in 1959.
Americans? Or Households?

There's a difference you know, and you ain't exactly credible.

Quote:
#12 At this point, approximately 22 percent of all American children are living in poverty.
Which is arbitrarily defined and which ignores sources of additional income.

For example, the man that is living in their home and is humping their mamma between the sheets every night? Well, his income isn't counted.

Quote:
#14 Right now, over 50 percent of all stocks and bonds are owned by just 1 percent of the U.S. population.
PlayStation 2 or P&G Stock...

Hard choices for the Little Brains

Quote:
#15 In the United States today, the wealthiest one percent of all Americans have a greater net worth than the bottom 90 percent combined.
Net worth is variable and arbitrary.

That is not the real value, since the real value of anything is the actual price received.

You can value your McMansion at $250,000 but if you can only sell it for $125,000 then its Real Value was $125,000 and not $250,000.

Quote:
#21 health insurance costs have risen by 23 percent since Barack Obama became president.
Which was what? 7.6% per year?

Christ on his throne, I can't believe an ultra-conservative like me is actually defending The Boy King, but facts are facts, so there you go.

The real question is 7.6% any more or any less than in the previous 10 to 20 years?

Quote:
#24 When Barack Obama took office, there were 32 million Americans on food stamps. Now, there are more than 46 million Americans on food stamps.
That is an outrageous lie.

Let me show everyone on City-Data how your attempts at deceptiveness and deceitfulness actually harm your own cause.

Food Stamps are NEVER issued to individuals. They are issued to the Head of Household.

There are approximately 46 Million Households receiving Food Stamp benefits.

There are ~110 Million Households in the United States.

The US population is approximately 312 Million.

Accordingly, there are an average of 2.83 persons per Household.

If 46 Million Households are receiving Food Stamp benefits, then that means that approximately

46,000,000 * 2.83 people = 130,180,000 are benefiting from Food Stamps.

Ergo, the number of people who benefit from Food Stamps is ~130 Million, not 46 Million.

See? You don't even lie well.

Debunking...

Mircea

Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't understand your point.
The rich find it easier to control others when they are enslaved in debt to the money-changer in charge.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
The rich find it easier to control others when they are enslaved in debt to the money-changer in charge.
No one is forced into debt.

Didn't your mamma ever tell you that "DEBT" is a 4 letter word ?
Mine did and I have no debt today..NONE.

And I don't live in a trailer park. If the US went Greece tomorrow all I have to worry about is scraping together $1800 to pay my property taxes on my ranch.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 AM

552 posts, read 738,241 times
Look at our historical tax policies, there is a huge inequality gap compared to pre bush.The right can't just say class warfare and make it ok, its only words. The only times america was successful was during times that had a higher top marginal tax rate. Let history guide you, not what a politician tells you. Seems like a lot of people either believe whatever they hear or only hear what they believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies