Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is VERY telling. Basically, the United States Government could have recouped $2.5 Billion IN PENALTIES ALONE from the states for "erroneous" food stamp payments. In other words, fraud, waste, and abuse is rampant if the PENALTIES ALONE would bring in billions of dollars. That doesn't even account for the value of the erroneous payment! BILLIONS!

Nauseating!
May you someday go to bed hungry night after night, and not by choice, but because you cannot afford to buy enough food.....and you will learn what real nausea is all about. Talk is cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 12:33 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Fraud is not money well spent. Encouraging people who are not truly in need to enroll for food stamps (example: Obama administration's push to enroll college students) is NOT money well spent.

Food stamp fraud all the rage on Twitter | Twitchy
Since you are up to speed on this; how about you giving us the numbers of those legitimately drawing food stamps.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Speaking of fraud, lets go line by line through the DoD budget.
Lets go line by line through the Obama administration's actual expenditures starting wth the White House!

There is little doubt we will find much fraud, waste & abuse in all government expenditures. However, IIRC, the actual thread topic is FOOD STAMPS.

Try to focus.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I thought the economy has improved since 2007 because Obama saved us all, but according to the figures, we're 150% worse. Which is it?
The economy has been getting steadily worse, less a few bubbles, since the 70s. Anyone saying otherwise is a partisan.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
I don't have a problem with someone who needs food stamps. I have a problem with the rampant fraud, waste, and abuse. I'm all for taking extreme measures to combat this problem, including restructuring the entire program from the bottom up. If that means fewer people on the government teat, so be it. If legitimate need exists, you'll eat. If not, you'll be forced to pay back the value of your past payments in which you defrauded the taxpayers.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:36 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Since you are up to speed on this; how about you giving us the numbers of those legitimately drawing food stamps.
YOU should know by now I don't provide you with any welfare. Do your own homework.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
May you someday go to bed hungry night after night, and not by choice, but because you cannot afford to buy enough food.....and you will learn what real nausea is all about. Talk is cheap.
Considering that you responsed to my post regarding fraud, waste, and abuse, I can only conclude that you somehow correlate FWAB with actually going hungry. It wouldn't be FWAB it the food stamps were legitmately needed. Right?

If you're going to bed hungry, go get food stamps. I'm quite positive you won't be denied if your financial situation allows it.

Go get fed. Nothing is stopping you.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
72 Billion? That's 10% of the Defense budget.

Money well spent, compared to that bloated immoral criminal amount of Defense spending.

Is it like a requirement of right wingers not to be able to prioritize or put things into perspective?
But that is just one part of the cost of welfare system. But I thnik we can wait and see who screams when defense cuts mean huge numbers of jobs cuts . We saw just that when democrats screamed on base clsoings.Alot of areras with military bases are going to lose large part of their local ecnomy beased on defense spending.One has to remmeber that the military budget counter to speial apporpreated war spending goesd directly into thne economy at home thru jobs both on bases and thru contractors.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem with someone who needs food stamps. I have a problem with the rampant fraud, waste, and abuse. I'm all for taking extreme measures to combat this problem, including restructuring the entire program from the bottom up. If that means fewer people on the government teat, so be it. If legitimate need exists, you'll eat. If not, you'll be forced to pay back the value of your past payments in which you defrauded the taxpayers.
Every large public or private enterprise has fraud.

The thing about you.

You have not earthly clue how big the fraud problem with welfare.

You just repeat story lines you get from right wing propagandists.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 PM

613 posts, read 759,878 times
Quote:
The truth is that fraud and waste are not rampant in this system. These claims are just conservative lies designed to make people hate poor people instead of our wealthy oppressors.

I say we investigate the wealthy and take what they don’t need of their hands, first!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies