Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Too bad white folks don't have an Al Sharpton like charlatan to gin them up and demand justice. We could have two media spectacles running concurrently!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
As my sainted mother used to say, ''nothing good happens after 2 AM.''

I may be wrong, but here the other burglars would be charged with the death.
First, your mother sounds a lot like mine, and they are both right.

How would they be charged?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:54 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
People don't understand what the law is. When you allow ever dumb hick or hood..have a deadly weapon..and it becomes tradition over time..They lose sight of what the weapon is truly for. Christ said of mindless habit..."Your traditions are killing you".

Seems America is on a kind of mindless auto-pilot. They actually think if a person is seen as being "BAD"..That a gun can be legally used to rid the world of bad people...kind of like being a judge and executioner all in one...BUT- in the mean time they are not qualified to take such a position of harsh authority..It reminds me of domestic violence...a woman can simply say she fears for her life- and off goes the husband to jail........

A shooter can say the same thing and it works every time...These shooters probably told the cops..."We thought that we saw an object in their hands...and we thought they might come back and kill us..so we shot them"----------case closed...
That's because the shooter is innocent until proven guilty, and if the dead person is somewhere they weren't supposed to be... Well, not a whole lot the D.A is going to be able to do with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
First, your mother sounds a lot like mine, and they are both right.

How would they be charged?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder_rule

Old 04-20-2012, 04:55 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Too bad white folks don't have an Al Sharpton like charlatan to gin them up and demand justice. We could have two media spectacles running concurrently!
Gee, what if we found out that the fishermen were black? Would it change some people's viewpoint on both sides?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,664 times
Something I would love to know is why the hell was she running around with three boys at 4am? Why didn't her parents do anything about it? My parents would wring my neck, and I would never see the light of day again.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Well the story develops..one of the "teens" had a weapon. The 3 are being charged as adults with first degree burglary now.

Summer Moody case: Three teens involved in Gravine Island shooting charged as adults (Video) | al.com
Scott Tipton Byrd and Dillon Wade Tyree, both of Stapleton, and Daniel Parnell of Bay Minette were booked into the Baldwin County Corrections Center late Tuesday afternoon, according to authorities, after the investigation indicated they had a weapon when the alleged burglaries on Gravine occurred. The three had initially been charged as juveniles with a lesser offense. A person accused of carrying a weapon during a burglary can be charged with first-degree burglary, a crime with a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I believe in personal responsibility. The shooter should be charged if he was negligent. She will be charged if she lives. Each should be held accountable for their actions.
His property, they had no right to break in, it would have never happened if they hadn't broke the law, they alone are responsible for their stupidity. he should sue them for putting him in that situation.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
LMMFAO- Invoking Limbaugh? Seriously?

Not surprising. Leftists invariably begin blithering about rush and/or Glenn beck and/or fox news when they feel threatened.
Which is more often than not.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:02 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
It's not a tragedy, it's justice.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Something I would love to know is why the hell was she running around with three boys at 4am? Why didn't her parents do anything about it? My parents would wring my neck, and I would never see the light of day again.
The real stupid person here.

How stupid must you be to blindly shoot at people running away from you in the dark with a rifle and then claim it was a warning shot? Not on your property, not threatening your life?

Far and away a stupid moron compared to a high school girl out on a juvenile petty crime spree likely instigated by some boys. This could have been anyone's daughter.

In most other kinder nations the only one looking at prison time here would be this moron that decided he was going to be judge, jury, and executioner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies