Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 03:00 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Another poster who failed to read that at least one of the "teens" was armed.
"Armed" could mean so many things. For example; I am 17, and I carry a pocket knife. If I committed a crime and they found the knife I would be considered armed. It's not like I grabbed it because I was going to commit the crime, I carry it every day, but because I have it I'm armed. At least thats what would happen in my state, I don't know about AL laws, but again that's what this all comes back to. The state law.

Point: the "weapon" could have been his everyday pocket knife.

We are all just speculating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 03:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
No but you do honk. He should have shot up, or in the oposite directions of the running teens.
No way. If you shoot 'up' the bullet will come down. How do you know it's not going to come down on someone? If you shoot in the opposite direction, you're going to have to take your eye off of the armed teens. Probably not a good plan either.

If you are a gun owner, you need to get yourself some training ASAP.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:12 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No way. If you shoot 'up' the bullet will come down. How do you know it's not going to come down on someone? If you shoot in the opposite direction, you're going to have to take your eye off of the armed teens. Probably not a good plan either.

That's why you shoot in the teen's direction but don't aim at them directly. It's a scare tactic.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
That's why you shoot in the teen's direction but don't aim at them directly. It's a scare tactic.
Well she was hiding in the bushes trying not to get caught..the boys were running away.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

I am not a gun owner, but my father and brother are and they just corrected me.

Assuming it was a wooded area they could have shot a tree. There are so many different things that they could have done here, but the fact is they went this route. Wasn't the smartest thing to do, but they did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Yes and we see how well that turned out.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
"Armed" could mean so many things. For example; I am 17, and I carry a pocket knife. If I committed a crime and they found the knife I would be considered armed. It's not like I grabbed it because I was going to commit the crime, I carry it every day, but because I have it I'm armed. At least thats what would happen in my state, I don't know about AL laws, but again that's what this all comes back to. The state law.

Point: the "weapon" could have been his everyday pocket knife.

We are all just speculating.
No, not all of us are speculating, only yourself in this case as to what was meant by "armed". Some of us actually read the linked article and its related articles; obviously, you have not.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
Soon, America will become so ridden with gun violence that even the most rabid pro-gun supporter will be forced to realise that GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

The statistics are insane and growing daily. Gun death and injury statistics are skyrocketing and soon EVERYONE in the US will know someone who has been injured, killed, or traumatised due to a crazy with a (legal) arsenal.

It is the American disease, and the worse thing is, you guys don't even know you're sick.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Soon, America will become so ridden with gun violence that even the most rabid pro-gun supporter will be forced to realise that GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

The statistics are insane and growing daily. Gun death and injury statistics are skyrocketing and soon EVERYONE in the US will know someone who has been injured, killed, or traumatised due to a crazy with a (legal) arsenal.

It is the American disease, and the worse thing is, you guys don't even know you're sick.
Any statistics to back up your hyperbole?

Old 04-21-2012, 03:41 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Your ideology is. Right wingers right in this thread, giddy that a possible petty criminal took a bullet to the head. "They don't care". They've made that very clear. Making excuses only for the shooters. Sympathy only for the killers, breaking laws they want to ignore when it suits them.

It's really a sign of how low class, cruel, and crass so many base GOP supporters are.
Next time that "possibly" petty criminal breaks into your home, you have a little sit-down chat with them, and find out what their true intent is. Then, when they interrupt your little therapy session to tie you up and rob you blind, we'll come back to you and see if you didn't wish you had a gun.

That's the difference between the right and left. The right has sympathy for the citizen that is minding their own business, and protecting themselves and their property. The left has sympathy for criminals.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:44 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

Don't criticize my country and I won't criticize yours...Australia is not perfect, so stop acting like it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies