Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you beyond writing letters
want to rip them out of there office chair 9 90.00%
would like to but scared 1 10.00%
i'll just waste more paper and write 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,390,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Secret service buying sex, GSA on a personal spending spree with tax dollars that are being borrowed, Obama throwing billions away on his green agenda, no job creation, no budget in over three years, no accountability, no jail time for fast and furious.

We have a president that reads rerun speeches and plays lots of golf. Hitting a ball in a hole is so important today.

We are on the verge on World War III . Every nut in the world is getting nuclear weapons.

We are $ 16 trillion dollars in debt and will NEVER GET OUT OF DEBT.

Foreclosures are coming again.

Highest gas prices ever.

Food prices are causing sticker shock .

It will get worse and Washington is doing NOTHING.

Everyone gets away with lieing, stealing in Washington today.

Actually since Obama has been in office, nothing has gotten truly better, i mean sincerely better, not manufactured better by the administration.
Foreclosures since Obama has taken office, have never left us. I know many realtors as friends, we have a surge coming of bank owned properties.

Problem is their are thousands and thousands and thousands of bank owned properties on the market, and so many have not even sold.
What is going to happen with the new listings of foreclosures.

That is bad. A regular home listing value will now suffer because of the foreclosures.
Bad housing market bad economy.

And save it, i knew realtors 4 years ago, things gotten worse since Obama has been in office
This is not the change most people i know wanted.
Businesses don't close when the ecnomy is thriving, businesses don't close the majority of their stores, in a booming ecnomy. Get your point.

He was the one who promised us all something better, something new, and great change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 02:58 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,650,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Actually since Obama has been in office, nothing has gotten truly better, i mean sincerely better, not manufactured better by the administration.
Foreclosures since Obama has taken office, have never left us. I know many realtors as friends, we have a surge coming of bank owned properties.

Problem is their are thousands and thousands and thousands of bank owned properties on the market, and so many have not even sold.

That is bad. A regular home listing value will now suffer because of the foreclosures.

And save it, i knew realtors 4 years ago, things gotten worse since Obama has been in office
Businesses don't close when the ecnomy is thriving, businesses don't close the majority of their stores, in a booming ecnomy. Get your point.

He was the one who promised us all something better, something new, and great change.
jewel, how can anyone in their RIGHT mind vote him back in? Unless they HATE what America IS/WAS!?

Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,650,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How did you feel about the Bush administration allowing foreign observers to certify our elections?

Isn't that solid proof that America is not controlled by Americans?

Old 04-21-2012, 03:13 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,869,886 times
i think the fact that americans have to pay for the bailouts of other countries PROVES that america is not controlled by americans.

first this from 2010, business insider:

The bailout outrages never stop.

Of the 110-billion Euro Greece bailout, 30-billion (approx $40 billion) will be paid for by the IMF.

The US supplies almost 20% of the IMF's funding (per quotas). So that means US taxpayers are providing ~$8 billion of the $145 billion going to kick the Greek can down the road.

Read more: Guess Who's Paying For The Greece Bailout? That's Right -- YOU - Business Insider

then today's news:

Reuters) - Leading world economies on Friday pledged $430 billion in new funding for the International Monetary Fund, more than doubling its lending power in a bid to protect the global economy from the euro-zone debt crisis.

so we are committing more american money to "bailing out" the "global economy".

it's just looting because IT DOESN'T FIX ANYTHING.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-21-2012 at 03:22 AM..

Old 04-21-2012, 03:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,869,886 times
speaking of looting, let me add this (from EMS supkis today, worth a quick read, the headlines are linked to the articles):

http://emsnews.wordpress.com/

And so…learning exactly nothing…the US government repeats the Vietnam/oil boycott disaster this time, inflicting the boycott on ourselves by embargoing one of the biggest oil producers on earth: Iran. This suicidal behavior is seen in the latest headlines at Antiwar.com:

1. NATO Officials Fight Back Against Reducing Size of Afghan Military

2. So, to fix this fiscal problem, NATO begs Russia, China claiming that THEY Should Help Pay for Afghanistan After 2014

3. But Karzai Demands ‘Accelerated’ US Withdrawal because he knows he can twist the US tail very hard indeed

4. So, the US pledges a minimum of $2 billion a year as a condition for keeping occupation troops in the nation through 2024 which is much less than half of what we pledged to support Israel’s military which is OK with the Pentagon since many of our general staff owns stock in the military/industrial business or plan to retire to work there as lobbyists

what other country would intentionally inflict a boycott to hurt its own citizens? you just can't make this stuff up.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:44 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,623,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Do you honestly expect your personal experience to trump the "Obama Is Wonderful" garbage the lefties read on the internet? Come on...........they aren't smart enough.

You can give them facts 'til the cows come home, and they'll still be slurping the koolaid.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,752,531 times
With his jam-down of ObamaCare, his use of czars, and his frequent demonization even of private citizens with whom he disagrees, President Obama has already shown quite a penchant for tactics that bear a slight stench of totalitarianism. And now he's signaling that he'll feel even less constrained by public opinion after he's reelection.

Let's hope the swing voters are paying attention. Chilling.

Michael Kinsley once said that a gaffe is when a politician tells the truth. If so, this is the mother of all gaffes.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:37 AM

999 posts, read 2,351,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Isn't that solid proof that America is not controlled by Americans?

No you don't get why we observe and now why they observe, its done so they have faith there is no corruption

We have always demanded it of other countries.

However spain counting our ballots is a totally different issue.

If you want control back when are WE going to dc to pull the scum from the chairs they do not belong in?

Old 04-21-2012, 10:45 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,390,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
jewel, how can anyone in their RIGHT mind vote him back in? Unless they HATE what America IS/WAS!?
For the life of me, i honestly wish i knew. Last week a nurse i know was let go. I am like WTF a nurse we are speaking about here. How can they let a nurse go.

A couple months ago, it was 2 electricians, and i thought the same thing yet, these are very good professions, how can they let these people go. The hard part is replacing what you lost.
You may have a job now, and think yours is safe, don't think that in this ecnomy, i know all kinds of employers, who businessess are not doing well and have to let people go.

I know i know, all these great jobs are out there, until you actually have to go out there on your own, and try and find one in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies