Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,852,242 times

Advertisements

I have to agree with Maher. There are just too many conservatives who think because a Republican thought it up, it must be good, or if Republicans go along with it, it must be good as well. Liberals do the same thing as well, it's easy to judge others, but hard to look at yourself in the mirror. This applies to 99.99% of mainline liberals and conservatives. This also applies to the majority of posters in P&OC. The amount of independent minded posters on here I can count with one of my hands, party cheerleaders outnumber independents on here 5:1 roughly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,946,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I have to agree with Maher. There are just too many conservatives who think because a Republican thought it up, it must be good, or if Republicans go along with it, it must be good as well. Liberals do the same thing as well, it's easy to judge others, but hard to look at yourself in the mirror.
Then explain why so many Republicans opposed national healthcare plans proposed by Newt, similar to Obamacare?

Guess there goes that argument...

Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,389,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
A great segment from Maher, and points out the well know fact of the radical right that thinks no matter what (R) = Goooooooooooooooood (D) = Baaaaaaaaaaad

“I think Republicans live in a world now where whatever a liberal says, no matter how sensible, is automatically evil, wrong, and needs to be fought with the fervor of a starving raccoon on crystal meth.”

Maher: Republicans have declared war on common sense | The Raw Story
Oh, gosh, you are so right. It makes perfect sense to pay too much for roadworthy cars, then crush them. It makes perfect sense, when more capital investment is needed to build better jobs, to disparage and discourage and punish capital with your words and deeds. It makes perfect sense, when consumers are struggling, to drive up the cost of energy to light and heat their homes and power their cars. It makes perfect sense, when jobs are scarce, to make it more difficult to hire people.

The liberals on the Simpson Bowles Commission, the liberals on the Rivlin Domenici COmmission, and the liberals in the Gang of Six got plenty of Republicans to agree with them on the central points all three bipartisan efforts shared. Too bad the President and the mainstream radicals of the Democratic Party are diametrically opposed to the universal conclusion of these bipartisan efforts about taxes and revenue, and keep spouting campaign fodder instead of serious policy proposals.

How about some common sense from the Democrat leadership and the President? Then we'll see whether or not Republicans have a war on common sense. Maher is confused about the war on nonsense.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,852,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then explain why so many Republicans opposed national healthcare plans proposed by Newt, similar to Obamacare?

Guess there goes that argument...
Patriot Act, NDAA, internet censorship, TSA. Yes, conservatives have more of a brain than liberals, hell they go along with the religion of AGW. I do give the right some credit, but more must be done.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:04 AM

7,440 posts, read 5,704,685 times
Quote:
A great segment from Maher, and points out the well know fact of the radical right that thinks no matter what (R) = Goooooooooooooooood (D) = Baaaaaaaaaaad

“I think Republicans live in a world now where whatever a liberal says, no matter how sensible, is automatically evil, wrong, and needs to be fought with the fervor of a starving raccoon on crystal meth.”

What concerns me is that this seems to surprise you and you think it's a talking point.

During the last election I voted specifically to place conservatives in office to oppose every piece of legislation the the liberals propose before I'm broke and we have the occupiers using our spare bedrooms and baking special brownies in my kitchen.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,392,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sounds pretty accurate based on these boards. Republicans here think absolutely every evil in the world is caused by liberalism.
Nope. But liberals think every evil in the world can be rectified with more of my money.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:06 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,393,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Mather ?Why not just loo at someone other than a comedian who failed. Obama's enemies list to start with. he is a reflection of the Rev Wright.
"comedian who failed"?????? He seems to have a successful TV show, even it is not to your tastes. He's successful enough that he can make a million-dollar political donation.

I don't get your idea of failed comedian.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:16 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,001,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"comedian who failed"?????? He seems to have a successful TV show, even it is not to your tastes. He's successful enough that he can make a million-dollar political donation.

I don't get your idea of failed comedian.
Do you get the idea of people having differing senses of humor and that not all people find Maher funny, relevant, or appealing? His appeal is by no means universal. His biased schtick offends as many as it amuses.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:30 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,004,169 times
Quote:

In Alabama, the state GOP representatives are pushing a bill that would force couples who want to divorce to wait a year, while undergoing marital counseling. Wonder how that would affect the homicide rate?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:33 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,839,202 times
Quote:

I would think the OP would be embarrassed by now to continually be posting garbage from the misogynist Maher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies