Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Try again. I didn't say truth was never pleasant. I said it was never intended to be pleasant. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Sometimes truth is your friend, other times it hurts. Whether it brings pleasure or pain it's still the truth. Deal with it.
Oh, stop twisting. We all know that truth is both pleasant and unpleasant. You know when you get that test result and it shows you don't have cancer after all, that's real truth. Or when you get the car repair bill which is 5 times higher than you expected, and that, too, is truth.

You just wanted to say that liberalism is a mental disorder, so go ahead and say it. Doesn't mean it's "truth." It's just your misguided view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 08:57 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,008,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Oh, stop twisting. We all know that truth is both pleasant and unpleasant. You know when you get that test result and it shows you don't have cancer after all, that's real truth. Or when you get the car repair bill which is 5 times higher than you expected, and that, too, is truth.

You just wanted to say that liberalism is a mental disorder, so go ahead and say it. Doesn't mean it's "truth." It's just your misguided view.
There was no twisting on my part nor did I ever say liberalism was a mental disorder.

I responded to your comment which was inaccurate. Sorry you take issue with being called out on your poor reading comprehension.

The fact that you presume a right or ability to project what I wanted to say would be amusing were it not so inaccurate.

I don't couch my words and say what I mean. Sorry that somehow confuses you.

Feel free to refrain from responding to this until such time as you grow up enough to address my actual comments rather than what the voices in your head tell you I said.

Last edited by outbacknv; 04-21-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
More accurately we don't care what Canadians think. Get back to us when you have an actual stake in our nation and have paid so much as a dime in US taxes.

Kudos for the monstrously outsized ego that makes you think what you and your friends think of a US political party should somehow be relevant to anything here. Your quoted post is a truly impressive example of self-important tripe.
The thing is, that we in Canada have no stake in your politics, so we can look at it without bias. The biggest problem I see with the right, is their connection to the whack-a-loon religious bigoted fantasy believers...It's a freaking joke that we find very entertaining, and always good for a laugh...Why do you think your own comedians find it such a great source for their jokes?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The thing is, that we in Canada have no stake in your politics, so we can look at it without bias. The biggest problem I see with the right, is their connection to the whack-a-loon religious bigoted fantasy believers...It's a freaking joke that we find very entertaining, and always good for a laugh...Why do you think your own comedians find it such a great source for their jokes?
You display ample bias and fail to recognize the simple fact that there are comedians that attack both sides of our political aisles.

Glad you find our politics entertaining. Again, until such time as you have an actual stake in issues here your opinion is as irrelevant as mine would be were I presumptive enough to offer an opinion on Canadian politics.

I'd thank you for your misplaced concern and ridicule but those thanks would be hollow.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
There was no twisting on my part nor did I ever say liberalism was a mental disorder.

I responded to your comment which was inaccurate. Sorry you take issue with being called out on your poor reading comprehension.

The fact that you presume a right or ability to project what I wanted to say would be amusing were it not so inaccurate.

I don't couch my words and say what I mean. Sorry that somehow confuses you.

Feel free to refrain from responding to this until such time as you grow up enough to address my actual comments rather than what the voices in your head tell you I said.
I'll leave it to others reading the posts to determine whether or not you were "twisting." I think it's fairly obvious.

What's with the "grow up" stuff? How old are you anyway? Btw, I've always scored really high on reading comprehension tests. Maybe you might want to search for more original insults.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I'll leave it to others reading the posts to determine whether or not you were "twisting." I think it's fairly obvious.

What's with the "grow up" stuff? How old are you anyway? Btw, I've always scored really high on reading comprehension tests. Maybe you might want to search for more original insults.
Mid 50's. I didn't set out to insult you but will not tolerate my words being twisted.

Your interpretation of my posts calls the accuracy of your reading comprehension scores into question.

It's amusing that you think you have me all figured out despite your short time on the board.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
A great segment from Maher, and points out the well know fact of the radical right that thinks no matter what (R) = Goooooooooooooooood (D) = Baaaaaaaaaaad
The irony here is just dripping.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Mid 50's. I didn't set out to insult you but will not tolerate my words being twisted.

Your interpretation of my posts calls the accuracy of your reading comprehension scores into question.

It's amusing that you think you have me all figured out despite your short time on the board.
No, I don't think I have you all figured out. Just responding to what you wrote, and I'm guilty of responding to what I considered a "typical conservative." My apologies.

Let's just agree to disagree about Maher.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think I have you all figured out. Just responding to what you wrote, and I'm guilty of responding to what I considered a "typical conservative." My apologies.

Let's just agree to disagree about Maher.
I'm good with that, apology accepted. Sorry for being snarky in return.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:37 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,444,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
News for Democrats: I heard from a conservative that no one should should snort Comet cleaner.
(going way back):

Comet - it makes your teeth turn green;
Comet - it tastes like gasoline;
Comet - it makes you vomit
So take some Comet and vomit today!

I vomit about every day, when I hear the lib drivel that is rocketing this country straight into the ground. At least I now know the rules to become a citizen of New Zealand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies