Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
You're going to have to wait a hell of a long time before you will find a small govt. Democrat.

The thing that gets me is that Democrats know that they are going to get unsustainable spending from their candidates -- and they still keep electing them.

It really does make other Americans think poorly of Democrats.
Sad fact is Republicans are no different.

Politicians couldn't care less about representing us once they're elected to office, regardless of their declared party.

If we as a nation are to have any hope of regaining the freedoms we've lost we need to reject partisan crap and wake up to the fact the fight for freedom in our nation is between citizens and politicians.

Once you get past the rhetoric both parties are the same. Neither care about us once they've told enough lies that the ignorant and easily swayed have put them in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 05:46 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Sad fact is Republicans are no different.

Politicians couldn't care less about representing us once they're elected to office, regardless of their declared party.

If we as a nation are to have any hope of regaining the freedoms we've lost we need to reject partisan crap and wake up to the fact the fight for freedom in our nation is between citizens and politicians.

Once you get past the rhetoric both parties are the same. Neither care about us once they've told enough lies that the ignorant and easily swayed have put them in office.
Well for starters...

What do you say we get rid of Harry Reid?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:56 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Well for starters...

I'd love to get rid of Harry. Sadly, based upon the distribution of the population in my state we'd have to give Las Vegas and Reno to California to get it done.

Despite my beliefs with regard to the issue and my fervent wish that neither Vegas nor Reno be allowed to pervert the votes of those of us that inhabit the vast majority of Nevada's geographic land mass it's unlikely to happen.

Out of curiosity, do the votes in your state always reflect your beliefs and desires?

As an aside, why hide so much of your personal info that no one can determine where you call home?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,084 times
Quote:
I'd love to get rid of Harry. Sadly, based upon the distribution of the population in my state we'd have to give Las Vegas and Reno to California to get it done.

Despite my beliefs with regard to the issue and my fervent wish that neither Vegas nor Reno be allowed to pervert the votes of those of us that inhabit the vast majority of Nevada's geographic land mass it's unlikely to happen.

Out of curiosity, do the votes in your state always reflect your beliefs and desires?

As an aside, why hide so much of your personal info that no one can determine where you call home?
Acually, given his name, I assume he is from Michigan.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How about a smaller fed.gov, and instead of preferring larger state.govs, just let the states do whatever the hell they want? If you don't like how your state does X or Y, you're free to move to a state that does X or Y the way you like.
Good one, flawless execution - 9.8 from this judge

Quote:

Just think how we conservatives feel here in Cali. The central valley, inland empire and most anyone living east of the 5 or 1 have absolutely no voting power in this state. Pelossi, Waters and Boxer are lunatics voted in by the insane.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I for one am a liberal that would prefer a smaller central govt. and larger state govts.

The advantage is that it is too easy for national and multi national companies to bribe a majority of federal representatives. It is much more difficult for them to bribe a majority of reps in every single state. The big banks like Federal Regulations, what they don't like is State Regulations. They like the fed regulations because they can lobby for it to help them and it prevents the States from enacting their own regulations in the same area.
This Liberal Leaning Inde would prefer a smaller Federal Government but do not want to replace it with a larger State Government, that is a Ron Paul idea and would be only replacing one overbearing government with another. Sorry but regulating the banking system State by State would not only be foolish it would be a nightmare and ruin our economy as a whole. The same goes for other industries, the idea does ot solve much and would creat more of a mess than we already have, reform is the answer, you fix the system, you don't dump it and try to start over. Anyway, not gonna happen, so this is nothing more than a fantasy and not related to reality, IMHO.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Well for starters...

That is up to the voters of his district to decside, just so ya know.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,224,958 times
I think there would be more investment in the state of government affairs, concern for community, etc. if the U.S. was a smaller country. Say, if a country was the size of Pennsylvania and New York, then there would be more citizen engagement at the national level and all the way down to local towns. It's too late for that, though, and we have a sprawling federal government to represent people from Hawaii to Alaska to Florida, Maine, Wyoming, etc. so it's easier to get disinterested in the process.

Maybe the U.S. should have developed into half a dozen countries instead of one gigantic one like it is. I'm not suggesting it should be split up now. It may have worked well, it may have been like Europe with frequent warring, who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies