Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
It amazes me that black people still hold this sick and twisted victim mentality even in 2012. I'm black and entirely sick of black people. Prime reason I don't want to live next to them! Keep blaming the whole world for their problems and killings but will never realize most crimes that happen to blacks happen by the hands of another black! And their still trying to claim it's the white man's fault?!

Martin Luther King would be turning in his grave at the state of black folks today. Isn't it sad and ironic how almost every street in America with his name on it is an African-American populated neighborhood full of crime and violence? I am done with this nonsense.
careful. Ruth4Truth undoubtedly reported your post to the mods

Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
That link was pretty powerful, wasn't it. We need to start focusing on the real issue and stop the smoke screens. You ever hear of White on White crime? How about Black on Black crime?
Why is that? Why do "Thugs" have to be black. The majority of crimes commited in the United States are shockingly, commited by ...Whites.

We should fear White people the most of all, if we care about statistics.
Whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.

Check out the FBI page on it..seriously.... think about why you fear who you fear or don't fear , for that matter.
FBI — Table 43
Math is hard.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Learn to read.
I said that part of the reason Botswana did well is because the prez was NOT corrupt. He was insistent that the diamond money went back to the people of the country. That is a good thing.

Also, my BROWN ancestors (parents, cousins, aunts/uncles) came here from another country with NOTHING and in ONE generation became millionaires...without a cent of welfare, social/community support, or any affirmative action.

Which is why I have to sit here and wonder, "Why does a population of people who have been here for over 200 years, that has community ties, that does access welfare...why do THEY still have a problem succeeding?"
I think I have to sit here and wonder, "what do you know about the history of this country?"

Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I think I have to sit here and wonder, "what do you know about the history of this country?"
So she got the numbers wrong. Big deal. The rest of the post was worthwhile.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
If you'd have been bending an ear, you would have heard black people rise up against black-on-black killings decades ago..................
Where? Was it any where near the intensity of the Trayvon Martin saga? I must have missed it. I went to the Million Man March as an 18 year old and I don't recall much being said about it there but it was a long time ago

Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
So basically she made a mistake in your favor. At any rate didn't your father or someone come from Cuba?

Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Actually, to the contrary, whites are very much aware of their privilege, hence the vitriol aimed at Obama. A Black man occupying the highest office in the land, and quite possibly the most powerful person in the world, represents a direct threat to that privilege and therefore by extension, to white supremacy itself.

Witnessing the insults, sleights and outright disrespect hurled at Obama by whites is actually instructive in that it gives us a gateway into the psychology of whites. The things that they say about Obama mirror how they feel about themselves or more precisely, how Obama being president of the US makes them feel. So when Obama is criticized as being incompetent, what they are really saying is that Obama as president of the US makes them feel incompetent. When he is called a failure, what's really being said is that Obama as president of the US makes them feel like a failure. When Obama is called a POS, what's really being said is that Obama as the president of the US makes them feel like a POS.

These types of insults and sleights develop out of whites feeling that their privileged status is under assault by the presence of a black man occupying the highest office in the land.
You are clearly too young to remember how much the far right loved Bill Clinton.

Obama IMO has been treated no worse than either Clinton or even Bush II. However, we are more sensitive when someone like us is attacked and of course Bush deserved all of his treatment like when he blew up the levees and planned 9-11 and what not. Yeah, no crazy attacks on the White presidents, no impeachments either....yep....nothing to see here folks.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
So she got the numbers wrong. Big deal. The rest of the post was worthwhile.
Your opinion. Neither hers nor yours mean anything to me - I know what is going on.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I think this opens up a whole new can of worms. You can't have a society of all equals. UCLA and many other top notch schools are simply for top achievers or the upper class with money. I never got that opportunity because we don't have the money and I couldn't get a scholarship, so why should others without those skills/money.

In the case of the schools, that is something that has to be addressed in elementary and high school and make sure the schooling is adequate (what about those standards?). Once college rolls around there shouldn't be any other form of affirmative action.
My father was a lawyer and a rather good one. He earned a good living and we went to good public schools. I agree with you to an extent. We should not need affirmative action. Too many schools that blacks and Mexicans go to are bad. Many times because, to be honest, there is not much of an "education culture" in those communities. PTA night usually means an empty school. But I also think there are a good amount of parents in those communities who, if they could escape those schools, would do so in a second and get more involved in the educational lives of their kids. I think we need to provide that "escape" by allowing more school choice. If a parent from South Central or West LA wants to escape and bring their kids to Glendale and agree to be involved with their education and discipline, I am for allowing them to do so even if they don't live there. The state and federal per pupil money should follow the student and we will make up the rest of it.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
The reason why the lives of most black people are significantly worse is because the priorities of most black people are completely out of order. Education and intelligence aren't the primary focus, and when that's not the primary focus (or even the secondary focus), it's difficult to become successful. As a black person who grew up in a millionaire household (and no, the money wasn't made via entertainment/pro sports), I can attest that racism has very little to do with the lack of success in the black community, but it has been used as an excuse for years and years.

As far as black children being condemned to substandard schooling, that's actually not true. I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from, there have always been magnet schools that provide a high quality public school education. Students who do well at their original, inner city public schools, and are eager to learn more, can almost always get into these better schools if they've demonstrated success. Additionally, elite private schools are almost always looking for smart black students to provide scholarships to, so that's another option as well for those who want a good education.

Basically, my point is that anyone can get a good education if they actually want one.
I don't disagree that students who are motivated can take advantage of any educational opportunities, no matter how deficient, to prepare themselves for success in the work-a-day world. But when the motivation is lacking because of poverty and other social pathologies that afflict the inner cities, few there are that find the necessary motivation to succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies