Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Since we're on a facts and support kick, where's the proof that Bush showed up for duty in 'Bama?
Ask Dan Rather. He can Google it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 09:23 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Nice.

Still. Where's proof? It isn't really there.

Truth is, I really don't care anymore. It seems that facts are increasingly meaningless and we all have a touch of fatigue from the constant outrages pouring out of this administration and all of those before it. If we don't like information, we attack the source. If we can't attack the source, we attack the messenger. If the messenger refuses to back down, we ignore him. Along the way, truth becomes lost in the white noise.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:39 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
Out of all the crap listed, we are giving attention to the least important, his election and his national service.

I am more pissed at stuff like the record deficit and we are still currently spending and borrowing, and also
this one line here, which hits the nail on the head.
I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S.
the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

There is lots of worst crap going on with this adminstration than a national guard record, but I guess its no problem to the clowns that support him.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:52 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
I really didn't want to get drawn into this conversation.

No, I certainly don't think Bush was involved with caging in earlier elections. To be precise about it, I don't think BUSH is involved in much. I think he's getting his strings pulled more often than not.

Here's some more stuff if you're feeling curious, Fleet.

BBC News Proves Bush Stole 2000 Election in Florida - LiveVideo.com (http://www.livevideo.com/video/07A706969DDC472B9F69A8171D0DB4C4/bbc-news-proves-bush-stole-200.aspx - broken link)
Lol... BBC!
A few things about that video:
They mention the "difficult" butterfly ballot, which wasn't difficult at all when a class of 10-year-olds were asked to vote for their favorite Disney character. Every child voted properly; made no mistakes on who they voted for. Maybe only children should vote in Florida!

The video doesn't mention the fact that tens of thousands of Republican votes were not counted because of ballot errors. It only mentions the Democrat votes not counted! Strange, huh?

Then the video mentions the "fact" that 22,000 black voters were excluded... where are the lawsuits or officially registered complaints from all of these voters?

Come on... Bush won in 2000 and 2004. The End!

Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Since we're on a facts and support kick, where's the proof that Bush showed up for duty in 'Bama?
His released military records show that he put in slightly more hours than was required for his Texas Air National Guard duty.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Lol... BBC!
A few things about that video:
They mention the "difficult" butterfly ballot, which wasn't difficult at all when a class of 10-year-olds were asked to vote for their favorite Disney character. Every child voted properly; made no mistakes on who they voted for. Maybe only children should vote in Florida!

The video doesn't mention the fact that tens of thousands of Republican votes were not counted because of ballot errors. It only mentions the Democrat votes not counted! Strange, huh?

Then the video mentions the "fact" that 22,000 black voters were excluded... where are the lawsuits or officially registered complaints from all of these voters?

Come on... Bush won in 2000 and 2004. The End!

Classic! Palm Beach County has a very large elderly, very Jewish population hailing from the Northeast, particularly New York.

It doesn't seem the LEAST bit strange that PAT BUCHANAN got soooo many votes in those districts?

If I were one of the last remaining "baby eating Bush" supporters (those that would justify and stick up for Dubya if he ate a live baby on National television), I would be ASHAMED that Bush "won" on a technicality - stupid voters, stupid ballots, or otherwise.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:37 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,342 times
I can't believe people are still defending this obvious and proven monkey brain.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:43 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
Resume - George W. Bush

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT
I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

[/font]
Really? How about your beloved Bill Clinton who was convicted of perjury and lost his law license in AR BEFORE he became president and then commited perjury AGAIN and used his corrupt US DOJ to avoid punishment?

Your post is poorly written and so misleading, It is hardly worth responding. I just wasted 5 mins reading and replying. You should be sued for wasting people's valuable time with false info.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
I can't believe people are still defending this obvious and proven monkey brain.
You mean the person who nominated Gore and Kerry to run against Bush, in full knowledge that they were even less appealing than Dubya?

Actually, I think that was a whole committee.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I noticed there were no complaints about rigged voting machines and Diebold conspiracies after the '06 elections. Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies