Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
This DHH "slush fund" was set up to find ways to save healthcare costs,...not for protecting an incumbent president's election in November. I wager there are not too many funds with BILLIONS in them to be used without oversight.
They all have oversight I am sure. Yes plenty w/ billions. Just go look em up.

Although a bunch of smaller funds invested doesn't make much difference. Still adds up to billions and trillions. Just a bit harder to track and add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 11:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, whats retarded is to believe that everyone in the nation wouldnt have made the same decisiion..

I'll second that, that is lame and so over the top. Your right.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Obama had little to do with the death of Bin Laden. He just got out of the way of the people that had been working on that problem for over 8 years.

Did Obama also order that OBL's body was to be dumped into the ocean without a trace?

lol. Mighty convenient of him.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, whats retarded is to believe that everyone in the nation wouldnt have made the same decisiion..
Has anyone considered that maybe Bin Laden was simply used to prop up a failing administration?

Let's be honest; when's the last time a President had so many alligations and scandals? There's something new every week. When I think back on scandals, it's always ONE (1). Reagan/Contras, Nixon/Watergate, Clinton/Hummer in the OO, Hillary/Whitewater, Kennedy/Marilyn Monroe, Johnson/Viet Nam, GW Bush/Iraq.... I mean seriously, I'm running out of pencil lead counting up Obama's scandals. I think there's an unwritten law that a president is allowed one. Obama is out to prove that there are no limits.

This scene comes to mind when I think about the Obama administration.

And what really scares me is that he must believe it's 2008 all over again. He could play all of his commercials and dust off his signs, and nobody would even know the difference. I can't wait for him to compare Romney to Bush.

Last edited by steven_h; 04-24-2012 at 12:07 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Obama had little to do with the death of Bin Laden. He just got out of the way of the people that had been working on that problem for over 8 years.
False. In reality, Obama recreated the intelligence agencies tasked with finding Bin Laden, years after GWB had them disbanded. He also ordered the successful raid on Bin Laden's compound.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
This has to be, without a doubt, the most narcissistic individual ever placed in the white house. When our nations elderly realize he pulled a fast one after their Advantage plans take a dump they are going to be pi$$ed and they should be.

Can we get back on track? LOL.. Maybe I should have started a thread asking for clips showing his narcissistic behavior or clips where he claims credit for things he had nothing to do with..That should be pretty easy.. Simply find every public speech the guy made in the last 3 1/1 years and your golden.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Has anyone considered that maybe Bin Laden was simply used to prop up a failing administration?
Yep, I've actually made that plausible argument here because Bin Laden has never been found guilty in a court of law, and following our laws, he was executed as an "innocent" man..

But, lets also be real because it would be very difficult to find a single american who wouldnt have done the exact same thing Obama did.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
False. In reality, Obama recreated the intelligence agencies tasked with finding Bin Laden, years after GWB had them disbanded. He also ordered the successful raid on Bin Laden's compound.
You type a lot .. Now prove it!

Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
"I don`t know where Bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don`t care. It`s not important. It`s not our priority". G.W. Bush 3/13/02

Old 04-24-2012, 03:25 AM

573 posts, read 970,614 times
You know, if Obama were a white man, everyone would be applauding him. Please, everyone, pull the curtain away from the thinly veiled racism you are exhibiting.

and for everyone who just wants to disagree just to disagree, I would put it to you: Put your name in the hat and try to get elected AND DO BETTER THEN OBAMA HAS.

I can't argue with results. And the fact of the matter is, that we had BUSH for 8 years and he couldn't get close to Bin Laden. OBAMA was in office and the people responsible that he IS COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF found him in 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies