Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,163,795 times

Advertisements

maybe manslaughter. zimmerman sin was packing doing neighborhood watch, a no no.
martin beat him up no doubt about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,335,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
As you say, a jury will decide. By the same token, no one should be pursued and confronted by a stranger when they are simply walking back to the residence they're visiting, or walking in any other public place for that matter. Interesting that the SYG law applies to both Zimmerman and Martin. The outcome of this trial could have far-reaching effects.
Except...the evidence I have seen, including the 911 tapes, the timeline of Zimmerman's call, and the map area don't prove, or even indicate, that Z confronted M. It's possible (and the evidence seems to support) that Z was watching M from a distance and reporting his position to dispatch. It's also established that M was near the door to the house where he was staying and could have simply gone inside. Yet the confrontation took place an additional 200+ feet away. It appears more likely that M left his house and approached and confronted Z than the opposite.

I'll wait till more evidence comes out before forming a firm opinion.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,354,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Don't call me racist. You guys come on here with your inciteful rhetoric aimed at causing pain for those of us who can see this kind of BS happening to us or our children and you get joy from the thought that as Trayvons parents still mourn him his killer gets to profit and then you act as if there is something wrong with those that oppose you.
Are you moved by the thousands of people killed and harmed by Black men on an annual basis as well?

Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,354,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
As you say, a jury will decide. By the same token, no one should be pursued and confronted by a stranger when they are simply walking back to the residence they're visiting, or walking in any other public place for that matter. Interesting that the SYG law applies to both Zimmerman and Martin. The outcome of this trial could have far-reaching effects.
It's all perfectly legal. Zimmerman has every right to walk around his development and observe someone he feels is suspicious.

It won't be as far reaching as you think. It'll be ajudicated professional and quickly it appears as the arraignment has been moved up. Zimmerman must be invoking his right to a speedy trial. I would if I was him.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:35 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,000,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Except...the evidence I have seen, including the 911 tapes, the timeline of Zimmerman's call, and the map area don't prove, or even indicate, that Z confronted M. It's possible (and the evidence seems to support) that Z was watching M from a distance and reporting his position to dispatch. It's also established that M was near the door to the house where he was staying and could have simply gone inside. Yet the confrontation took place an additional 200+ feet away. It appears more likely that M left his house and approached and confronted Z than the opposite.

I'll wait till more evidence comes out before forming a firm opinion.
Oh, so will I. There's much more evidence than what has been either leaked or released. I believe tiluha's link to the police papers (including
Zimmerman's assault arrest and domestic violence record) is post # 961.
IIRC, the initial Sanford arrest sheet listed Trayvon Martin's death with 4 answers, the first being homicide and the last referencing "excessive force." Apparently there are witnesses who dispute Zimmerman's account of what transpired that night. As my grandmother would say, "It'll all come out in the wash."

Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,000,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
what about understanding about the people it was meant for. They come here not to discuss but to hurt. Im tired of rw people hurting me and others....sick of it
You know how there are kids that like to pull the wings from flies? Some people don't outgrow that...it gives them pleasure.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 PM

12,897 posts, read 13,575,044 times
Zimmerman's attorney is going to have to prove that Martin wasn't fighting to the death an armed man with a gun. I think that will be a tall order. Any money Zimmerman gets, the Gated community will sue him for to recoup money they will have to pay Martins family in a civil suit.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:16 PM

566 posts, read 955,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Hopefully enough to live a safe life far away from the ghetto trash that caused all of these problems for him.
LOL are you kidding me? In my opinion, he's the one responsible for everything that happened. Why? Because had he not tried to play Mr. Police Officer on the night of February 26, he wouldn't be facing murder charges and Trayvon Martin would be alive.

Regardless of how you look at the situation, this is totally Zimmerman's fault because he attempted to perform a task that he was not authorized to perform. Maybe next time he'll let the cops actually, you know, do their job instead of taking matters into his own hands.

Last edited by midatlantic12; 04-23-2012 at 04:42 PM..

Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,387,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I agree, the case will not make it to trial because it will be tossed out of court.

He will not be convicted on the evidence we've seen thus far.
Why do you guys think you've seen all of the evidence at this point? Why would you think that the State would disclose their entire case to the public BEFORE either an immunity hearing or a trial?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:45 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,911,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
LOL are you kidding me? He's the one responsible for everything that happened. Why? Because had he not tried to play Mr. Police Officer on the night of February 26, he wouldn't be facing murder charges and Trayvon Martin would be alive.

Regardless of how you look at the situation, this is totally Zimmerman's fault because he attempted to perform a task that he was not authorized to perform. Maybe next time he'll let the cops actually, you know, do their job instead of taking matters into his own hands.
Exactly..... just why is he entitled to any compensation regardless of the outcome of this. Bottom line is there is a dead 17 year old kid solely because he felt the need to initiate a confrontation while armed with a handgun. This guy should be thankful if he does not go to prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies