Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

100 Liberals on an island would require one conservative to survive. He'd be the only one with a gun, bullets, a fire stick, water, and the willingness to kill for food instead of hugging it. They'd also need one to hide behind, just like they do with blame.
I was a wilderness survival teacher at one point. And I vote "liberal"

I also have quite a collection of firearms. And I'm far from the only liberal in my own circle of friends who have the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
99 of them would force one of them to do all the work to survive and get off the island. All the while as the one brave lone ranger did all the work, the other 99 would march around screaming about how oppressed they are and how the one man doing all the work needs to pay his fair share to the rest of them. They would then proceed to defecate and fornicate all over the island. Fact.
tl;dr.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
I was a wilderness survival teacher at one point. And I vote "liberal"

I also have quite a collection of firearms. And I'm far from the only liberal in my own circle of friends who have the same.
I have taken part in several survival exercises in both the military in the civilian world, spent much of my life in or near the country, live in the country now, and own way more guns than I need. And yes, I am, according to those that apply Labels, a Liberal. The mistake some here make is they believe all Liberal Leaning people are pacifists and urban dewelers and Nothing could be further from the truth. Sterotypes are only required for those that have lazy or small minds, it makes life easier for them.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM

933 posts, read 1,533,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
They would not do that. They would pray to God.
Like I said. Invisible (imaginary would be a better word) man in the sky.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM

552 posts, read 738,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have taken part in several survival exercises in both the military in the civilian world, spent much of my life in or near the country, live in the country now, and own way more guns than I need. And yes, I am, according to those that apply Labels, a Liberal. The mistake some here make is they believe all Liberal Leaning people are pacifists and urban dewelers and Nothing could be further from the truth. Sterotypes are only required for those that have lazy or small minds, it makes life easier for them.
Sounds about like me. I also own guns, but vote liberal. At least for me I believe we should have the right to own guns, but I don't believe in arming america. We should make it harder for the crazies to get guns, ie ted nugent.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Sounds about like me. I also own guns, but vote liberal. At least for me I believe we should have the right to own guns, but I don't believe in arming america. We should make it harder for the crazies to get guns, ie ted nugent.
You elitist liberal you!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
If there were 100 liberals on a deserted island, they all be dead... they all complain about how the "others" aren't helping them and then fall into a depression, ask for disability benefits and are surprised the government doesn't provide social support on their island... eventually they all succumb to starvation because they couldn't get approved for food stamps...

Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If there were 100 liberals on a deserted island, they all be dead... they all complain about how the "others" aren't helping them and then fall into a depression, ask for disability benefits and are surprised the government doesn't provide social support on their island... eventually they all succumb to starvation because they couldn't get approved for food stamps...
Yes, we already saw what happened to the liberals in New Orleans when a hurricane hit.

The Conservatives packed up and headed to higher ground. The liberals did exactly what the government told them to do -- get to the Convention Center and wait for the government to take care of them. They're still complaining about it too.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Like I said. Invisible (imaginary would be a better word) man in the sky.
Like I said, they pray to God. They leave "invisible people" to the non-believers and the mixed up people who have no faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies