Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Yes. I doubt the prison system changed out all their cookware and grills. Even the flatware and dishes might be considered "contaminated" if pork had been served on them.

Lard is a common ingredient in soaps so a strict Muslim would want to avoid that, too.

Oh well, what the Muslim prisoners don't know, won't hurt them.
An old seaman told me not to trust either side when it comes to preparing meat for Muslims. He was on a merchant ship where the cooks took the pork they had disguised handily and threw some of it down to the Muslims on the dock in a North African port. Once they found out what had happened to them they tried to get aboard because as, some said, they couldn't get into their heaven without killing those who fooled them.

When our troop ship docked at the same port for a few hours that old salt told me that although I had a rank that would allow it that going into that or any Muslim city by myself would result in my death. He said they would drag you into one of those dark alleys, slit my throat and take my money and leave me laying there. I stayed aboard and saw much of what he had said taking place right there. A young an came up on his bicycle and started trying to peddle some hashish. When nobody would go along with him he set all the little kids on the dock to throwing rocks and whatever else they could throw at us. You had to step pretty lively to keep from getting hit. That was in 1957 and nothing has improved since then.

I can't wait to see this thing from Ohio to spread to other states' prison systems, and it sure will.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
An old seaman told me not to trust either side when it comes to preparing meat for Muslims. He was on a merchant ship where the cooks took the pork they had disguised handily and threw some of it down to the Muslims on the dock in a North African port. Once they found out what had happened to them they tried to get aboard because as, some said, they couldn't get into their heaven without killing those who fooled them.

When our troop ship docked at the same port for a few hours that old salt told me that although I had a rank that would allow it that going into that or any Muslim city by myself would result in my death. He said they would drag you into one of those dark alleys, slit my throat and take my money and leave me laying there. I stayed aboard and saw much of what he had said taking place right there. A young an came up on his bicycle and started trying to peddle some hashish. When nobody would go along with him he set all the little kids on the dock to throwing rocks and whatever else they could throw at us. You had to step pretty lively to keep from getting hit. That was in 1957 and nothing has improved since then.

I can't wait to see this thing from Ohio to spread to other states' prison systems, and it sure will.
By products from pigs include heart valves and heparin. Most Muslims probably have much more contact with pig products than they ever know.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:43 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Probably.

But this is where we are.

There must be something mighty compelling that keeps you here and such an active participant in a forum like this one.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:03 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I've been in Muslim neighborhoods, here and abroad and, obviously, nobody ever slit my throat.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I've been in Muslim neighborhoods, here and abroad and, obviously, nobody ever slit my throat.
I think Roy Sold Boy was telling tales again.

Of course, if true, his buddy intentionally gave muslims pork under false pretenses (a fairly disgusting and evil deed) so they might not have been well liked in that port. Funny how the way you treat others comes back on you, you act right they treat you right, you disrespect them and their faith and they return the favor.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
I've heard that Chinese-American prisoners in our prison system have been demanding to be served Chinese food. In fact in some prisons where there are Chinese prisoners, you will be forcibly served Subgum Chow Mein, General Tso's Chicken, Egg Rolls, and Won Ton Soup! In one prison there was nearly a riot because the prison kitchen ran out of duck sauce!!!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Since it's a men's prison and most are uneducted, how much time do you think they need to convience those men on the prospect of.......72 vigin's
How do you know that these inmates are being told they're going to get 72 Virgins? That is what some fundamentalists (Wahhabis) tell jihadists they will get as a heavenly reward after becoming martyred for their faith (shahids). Who in an Ohio prison is in a position to do anything to martyr themselves for any cause?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I've heard that Chinese-American prisoners in our prison system have been demanding to be served Chinese food. In fact in some prisons where there are Chinese prisoners, you will be forcibly served Subgum Chow Mein, General Tso's Chicken, Egg Rolls, and Won Ton Soup! In one prison there was nearly a riot because the prison kitchen ran out of duck sauce!!!
Too bad at least one of those dishes (General Tso's Chicken) isn't even Chinese.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I think Roy Sold Boy was telling tales again.

Of course, if true, his buddy intentionally gave muslims pork under false pretenses (a fairly disgusting and evil deed) so they might not have been well liked in that port. Funny how the way you treat others comes back on you, you act right they treat you right, you disrespect them and their faith and they return the favor.
Well...let's be fair. The story he told WAS from the 1950's, the decade Roy seems to be eternally stuck in.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
How do you know that these inmates are being told they're going to get 72 Virgins? That is what some fundamentalists (Wahhabis) tell jihadists they will get as a heavenly reward after becoming martyred for their faith (shahids). Who in an Ohio prison is in a position to do anything to martyr themselves for any cause?
Why else convert??? Why would many prisoner's even think of religion as an answer. I would think there's more fundamentalist in prison's than mainstream don't you??

Who better to convert 2 time loser's, mostly uneducated and easily convienced to destory the rich and American government, must not forget destory the white-Christians. This is something the Liberal's have in common with fundamentalist Muslim's.

Some will get out of prison and it's the training they take to the outside. Much goes on in prison's that make it to the outside of those gates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies