Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,374,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not condemning gun owners, i'm laughing at people that think having an arsenal is some kind of great investment when life is too short. "Oooooooh...look at all of my guns!"

And yea, i spend it on cheese. Cheese tastes good. You should try it sometime.
Well, collecting guns is more fun & rewarding than collecting Beanie Babies or Cabbage Patch Dolls. But hey, to each his own.

I love a sharp smokey cheddar washed down with a decent Cabernet or Chardonnay, although my oldest son is the family wine connoiseur - he sent me this pic from Napa Valley last year:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I don't recall any automatic weapons being used in that riot by anybody, just semiautos which are very common. We call them "black rifles" - because they look like military weapons. I have one myself - bought it new almost 30 years ago but have never fired it. (a Ruger Ranch Rifle) It's a "safe queen" (resides in my gun safe)...........
Ok, that's the first time I've every heard of someone calling Rugers most accurate shotgun a "safe queen".

Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,613,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Really? No firearms owners or owners of other arms with whom I've been in contact think that. I believe the above poster's presumption only applies to the anti-gun lobby.
Yeah, you nailed it buddy.

Now here is some truth, I support the 2nd amendment and own guns. But I also realize most gun owners are reactionary and just plain stupid (as are most drivers). Me not trusting your ability has zero to do with any anti-gun lobby.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Yeah, you nailed it buddy.

Now here is some truth, I support the 2nd amendment and own guns. But I also realize most gun owners are reactionary and just plain stupid (as are most drivers). Me not trusting your ability has zero to do with any anti-gun lobby.
I must just hang out with the well trained and responsible firearms owners, buddy.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,613,701 times
Quote:
I must just hang out with the well trained and responsible firearms owners, buddy.
If you are that into the hobby maybe you do but I still wouldn't ever trust your ability. I support your right to own them, just don't trust you. simple...

Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,374,564 times
Quote:
Ok, that's the first time I've every heard of someone calling Rugers most accurate shotgun a "safe queen".
Early Ruger Mini-14 .223 Ranch Rifles are not very accurate, unless they are retrofitted with a better barrel. Mine doesn't appear to be a "shotgun" though:

Old 04-25-2012, 10:25 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,231,512 times
Quote:
I will say one difference in attitude here is that a lot of us wouldn't mind if some hardcore rioters & looters were to assume room temperature....especially at the hands of armed shopkeepers. That's what happened during the Rodney King/ LA riots. Don't EVER mess with those Korean-American store owners.
Can you just image if something like that would happen down in some place like say Texas? Whoowee! The local mortuarys, coffin makers, and body bag suppliers would be very, very busy.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:35 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,374,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If i want to spend money on something that retains value, i can do a damn sight better than buying guns...that's for damn sure. Besides, when you die, no one will give a damn about how many guns you own and how much they're worth.

But hey...to each his own.
A rifle is the only thing passed down to me by my grandfather who died when I was 2, and it means a lot to me. So "no one will give a damn" is inaccurate. Just because it's not your thing doesn't mean you need to talk crap about it.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Early Ruger Mini-14 .223 Ranch Rifles are not very accurate, unless they are retrofitted with a better barrel. Mine doesn't appear to be a "shotgun" though:
Their lack of accuracy is what earned them the reputation of being Ruger's most accurate shotgun.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
If you are that into the hobby maybe you do but I still wouldn't ever trust your ability. I support your right to own them, just don't trust you. simple...
Those who do not trust those with knowledge and extensive training project their own lack of trustworthiness. Please stay off the range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies